Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 7:26 pm

I went by bus to Totnes and back yesterday, not one garage had more then four cars in filling up.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Sounds like they are sensible there too.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 9:02 am

Army deployed in a ludicrous petrol crisis
Empty shelves to last for months
Christmas clearly is going to be a nightmare for those that care for it
Brexit an utter disaster
Price rises accelerating
Tax increases coming
UC £20 cuts grinding down the weakest
Gas bills skyrocketing
Unemployment hugely up as furlough comes to an end

Can hardly wait for Johnson and the evil Cabal to tell us how well it’s going at the Party Conference....

This I've gotta see..... popcorn
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 9:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Army deployed in a ludicrous petrol crisis
Empty shelves to last for months
Christmas clearly is going to be a nightmare for those that care for it
Brexit an utter disaster
Price rises accelerating
Tax increases coming
UC £20 cuts grinding down the weakest
Gas bills skyrocketing
Unemployment hugely up as furlough comes to an end

Can hardly wait for Johnson and the evil Cabal to tell us how well it’s going at the Party Conference....

Meanwhile across the continent....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8:30 last night saw me calling into Leigh Delamere services (M4) where minimal customers will filling up as per normal.

Something from the people who really know what is going on rather than the alarmist shite you delight in spreading....

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 10:45 am

The damp one speaks, lol.

Someone needs to show Guido how Google works, that would spoil yours and his fake news agenda.

You make Laura K look like a part timer.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 3:26 pm

seadog wrote:
The damp one speaks, lol.

Someone needs to show Guido how Google works, that would spoil yours and his fake news agenda.

You make Laura K look like a part timer.

Guido at least shows two sides of the coin which ranks it above the Graun which supresses news it doesn't want it's readers to Know about. Meanwhile Guido names and shames a Tory who has definitely let the side down....

Which brings me to this rather long article that proudly appeared in the squeaky clean Guardian. Scrolling down you will notice that recipients of cash benefits handed to slave owners who released their slaves was the ancestors of a certain David Cameron.

Good ol' Graun sticking the boot into Cameron's beastly slave owning forefathers.......................oh bum!!

Mr Seadogger, I suggest you feck orf while doing short physical jerks.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 7:33 pm

The Graun lol, you are still damp and you are still a purveyor of fake news, fake off.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:56 am

So the inadequate powerhouse that is Lord Frost will tell fellow Tory nutjobs that the European Union must allow Northern Ireland the right to join the UK binfire he helped create by smashing our supply chains. They too must suffer fuel, goods and labour shortages. You seriously couldn't make this shit up

Or Mr big guy will trigger Article 16.

Led by feckin donkeys.....morons absolute morons
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 am

One day in the not too far distant future, maybe after this coming long miserable winter of shortages, Bozo and his brexit tory headbangers will fall and only then we will finally see these 'sunlit uplands'.

Worst PM and government ever.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 9:08 am

seadog wrote:
The Graun lol, you are still damp and you are still a purveyor of fake news, fake off.

Are you referring to harve or hugh?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 9:45 am

Definitely Shug, he put the damp in squib.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 10:57 am

seadog wrote:

Me dishing out fake news ? Your workings / evidence are "most certainly" required you outrageous charlatan.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:13 am

Oh look I can post a load of links that support my opinion:

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 1:20 pm

But Frank the tories say it aint so!

Who to believe?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:26 pm

[quote="Frank Bullitt"]Oh look I can post a load of links that support my opinion:

Putt your links 1 to 5 aside for one minute Frank and ask yourself, "does Brussels want the UK back in the fold ?" The answer is obviously a big fat yes because (apart for our money) they're pooing themselves in case dear old Blighty make a roaring success of it. All this you know to be so true which goes a long way to explain why they are going out of their way to be truly difficult when it comes to "TRADE".

You may ask, "has Britain ever experienced similar circumstances where trade or the lack of it become a major concern?" The answer is a yes and the proponent who wished to cut us off from trading with the rest of Europe was Napoleon. The all-conquering Bonoparte pretty well got his way apart from Russia who refused and carried on trading with Britain which is why Napoleon organised La Grande Armee of 650,000 soldats and invaded Russia. Of course L'empereur came unstuck in what de Talleyrand called "the beginning of the end".

Finally, if Macron gets his way with an EU Army it will only be the second as Bonaparte's La Grande Armee was made up of all the conquered nations like Austria, Italy, Holland plus all the Germanic states like Prussia, Bavaria, Westphalia, Saxony etc,etc.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Of course they are shitting themselves because others will want to have the same as us and not be shackled to a bloated and corrupt organisation like the eu.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:05 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 6:12 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Oh look I can post a load of links that support my opinion:

Putt your links 1 to 5 aside for one minute Frank and ask yourself, "does Brussels want the UK back in the fold ?" The answer is obviously a big fat yes because (apart for our money) they're pooing themselves in case dear old Blighty make a roaring success of it. All this you know to be so true which goes a long way to explain why they are going out of their way to be truly difficult when it comes to "TRADE".

You may ask, "has Britain ever experienced similar circumstances where trade or the lack of it become a major concern?" The answer is a yes and the proponent who wished to cut us off from trading with the rest of Europe was Napoleon. The all-conquering Bonoparte pretty well got his way apart from Russia who refused and carried on trading with Britain which is why Napoleon organised La Grande Armee of 650,000 soldats and invaded Russia. Of course L'empereur came unstuck in what de Talleyrand called "the beginning of the end".

Finally, if Macron gets his way with an EU Army it will only be the second as Bonaparte's La Grande Armee was made up of all the conquered nations like Austria, Italy, Holland plus all the Germanic states like Prussia, Bavaria, Westphalia, Saxony etc,etc.

I've taken out your link as it messed up the width in the page. Redo by all means but try and shorten it.

Anyway, the world has moved on a little since the days of Napoleon and the great and bountiful British Empire - although it is just those days that seem to excite some present day Tories who seem to think that we, as an island can rise again to world dominance because we're not shackled to a trading organisation.

The fact that we now have instantly lost over 300 million customers for British goods, and a large percentage of our workforce through the ridiculous demonization of 'free movement' seems to matter to them not a jot. The fact that businesses are struggling to survive because of the rules and regulations now in force for exporting goods is not a matter for concern at all. In fact Boris summed it up well when he said f..k business.

Oven ready Brexit deal, a simple matter to agree trade deals throughout the world, especially with the US who were falling over themselves to strike a deal. Not happened has it? Quite the opposite - supply chain issues are causing major problems. Farmers and Fisherman are facing ruin.

Once again your lack of knowledge comes through, when you term the EU as 'Brussels'. The EU is a bloc of sovereign nations, trading with each other, tariff free, co-operating on security issues, allowing free movement between them. People could work here, in the EU, could study wherever they wanted - all that is gone because of the ideology of the Tory party, and those who wanted to 'take back control', whatever that means.

And yes, the other countries do want us back in, for their benefit as well as ours. Germany have lost their biggest customer, Spain and Portugal and others have lost millions.

It really is time to stop making excuses and recognise that Brexit has been a disaster for this country.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 pm

But PP what about Switzerland? When the EU army is marching over the Alps will you be bothered?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 8:11 pm

The Swiss have got their army knives and they'll bombard the invaders with toblerone. They'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 5:17 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We live 6 months in Spain, October to April, and 6 months in the UK. Now we can't. Why? Because of Brexit. We can stay 90 days, but then have to come back for 90 days. Freedom of movement is severely restricted and going back and forward every 3 months is inconvenient and seriously expensive. We have property there, a bank account, health insurance, but we fall into the 'tourism' trap of the 90 day rule.

Once again I include this paragraph of yours that clearly shows your paramount raison d'etre for remaining in the EU. How you must regret that paragraph as it immediately lays bare your all-consuming reason to remain within a block that is so thoroughly dominated by the Franco/German pact. In future I will have to tread warily less that all-important paragraph that so clearly illustrates your me, me, me attitude ups and disappears.

I have no reason or wish to return to the era of the British Empire as in this nuclear age the small country is always going to be the more vulnerable as opposed to that of a large one - how many nuclear bombs would eliminate Britain compared to that of Russia or China? While expensive, our nuclear deterrent - which is what it is, when armed and at sea, does to a certain degree, put off possible attacks.

I mentioned Napoleon because It showed that history was repeating itself as parts of Bonaparte's "Continental System" was designed to starve the British Isles of trade with Europe was in some ways being repeated. As for his Grande Armee of 650,000, less than 40,000 were French, the rest being made up of conquered states - the first pan-Europe army to face Russia. My links show Bonaparte's Continental System while the second shows my reasons for leaving the EU....

Tiny Link

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:20 am

I have edited your link so it fits on the screen.

If there is no Toblerone at Xmas because French Submarines are blockading the Alps I will be very cross.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:01 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We live 6 months in Spain, October to April, and 6 months in the UK. Now we can't. Why? Because of Brexit. We can stay 90 days, but then have to come back for 90 days. Freedom of movement is severely restricted and going back and forward every 3 months is inconvenient and seriously expensive. We have property there, a bank account, health insurance, but we fall into the 'tourism' trap of the 90 day rule.

Once again I include this paragraph of yours that clearly shows your paramount raison d'etre for remaining in the EU. How you must regret that paragraph as it immediately lays bare your all-consuming reason to remain within a block that is so thoroughly dominated by the Franco/German pact. In future I will have to tread warily less that all-important paragraph that so clearly illustrates your me, me, me attitude ups and disappears.

I make no apology for that, Brexit has affected us and millions of others who spend their winters in the EU. At least it is a valid reason to oppose Brexit, along with a myriad of others, which are adversely affecting people in this country and society in general.

Still, we have taken back control and have blue passports so all is well. Meanwhile we'll sit back and watch with good old British smugness while the mythical EU army invades the Swiss. Can't do anything about Napoleon though, he'll always be French.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:45 am

I don’t think the EU are pooing themselves that we might make a success out of Brexit. They might be pissing themselves laughing at us as we stumble from one feck up to the next, but to be honest I think they are a bit sad watching a once proud nation turn itself into an international laughing stock.

If you want Brexit to be a success you have to be realistic about what is working and what isn’t. Then you have to change and adapt those things that are failing. At the moment you have your head in the sand pretending everything is great. The Government love it. They know it’s easier to con you into believing everything is great as opposed to actually making things great. Roast Rat? Delicious!!!!

I am no expert on diplomacy and negotiation. But it seems that there is an expectation that the EU have to give us exactly what we want (or in the case of SIS II the exact opposite of what we want). We made it clear that trade with the EU wasn’t important when we pushing for No Deal.

Anyway it’s all irrelevant. As soon as Turkey joins the EU they will have a massive army and they can invade us and make us rejoin and we will all live happily ever after. I wonder if we will be forced to speak a universal European language.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Freathy wrote:
One day in the not too far distant future, maybe after this coming long miserable winter of shortages,  Bozo and his brexit tory headbangers will fall and only then we will finally see these 'sunlit uplands'.

Worst PM and government ever.

I thought I caught a glimpse of the fabled 'sunlit uplands' the other day, through a gap in the shelves in Sainsburys. Again, in the far distance whist we were trying to find petrol.

We were excited for an instant, but then reality bit as we sat in the queue at the forecourt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 18 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next