Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 am

Thanks Frank, for outlining some of the true costs of Brexit. It stretches to much more than whether someone is better off or not.

I'm in the fortunate position of not having to worry about finances, but Brexit has restricted my movement within the EU as it has millions of other people who own properties in Spain and elsewhere. The ex-pat community here in Spain has taken a huge hit, people have been forced to sell and move back to the UK. Yes, we could have become residents, but we chose not to do that, we have too many links to home. The fact that we, and millions of others had to choose is the result of the selfish actions of 17m people (out of 65m), following a campaign based on lies and deceit.

Anyway, my circumstances pale into insignificance when you read Frank's post. All the rabid Brexiteers should read it and hang their heads in shame.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:
I am afraid that even a tiny plus point such as this is grasped by the cult and held up as proof of the massive success of our departure.

The tory mantra of every man for himself and devil take the hindmost also means that if you are not personally worse off that too means massive success.

Me, me, me, feck society and everyone else.

Bollocks it proves what I said before all this actually happened that there will be winners and losers and like or not this is the new normal to coin a phrase. For the businesses that are prepared to change there have been massive opportunities created, the reality is that the lives of yourself, Frank and PP have changed not one jot whilst myself as self employed person have ridden out recessions and crap governments all my life by evolving and changing just go with it and guess what I'm thriving. Even if my business folded there is loads of work out there yet you would have us all believe that life is terrible.
I am not suggesting for one minute that there aren't loads of people struggling at the bottom of the pile but that has been going on for hundreds of years and has fook all to do with the B word either. I have long been a campaigner for the living wage and was paying £10/hr to labourers more than ten years ago but all the remoaners I know are working for big companies on big wages with big pensions and look at me in horror when I suggest they should be paying their worker bees more money.  That's selfish for you.

And the point that you fail to address is that you initially championed the Brixham story as some sort of Brexit success. Even minimal research into the story shows that one company is benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

You have no idea how my life has changed because of Brexit. Thats the "reality".

I highlighted Brixham as a Brexit success because it is, they have shown the other ports the way forward. As for how terrible your life is since Brexit why don't you tell us? Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all.

Brixham isn't an example of a Brexit success. You don't understand what you are talking about. They are the first to adapt to the clusterfuck that is Brexit and are benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

Quote :
Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all

So you are an expert on my life as well? I know you think you are an expert on everything, including my profession, but I didn't realise you knew the in and outs of my life. Aren't we lucky to be in the presence of such a polymath.

As you know I am an Immigration Officer. Unlike you, I am at the absolute front line of this Brexit clusterfuck. I doubt there is anyone else on these boards who has to live and breath this nonsense day in day out as much as I do. Instead of protecting the border we are working with our eyes closed because you voted for us to lose access to the SIS2 system. We used to be able to stop criminals coming into the UK, but now we have no idea who is coming in.

Instead, we are targeting decent people who are coming here to work. Highlights include a 19 year old au-pair coming for the summer, a teacher coming back after Christmas, a Premier League footballer and a student returning to complete his 4th year of a Uni course. But we can't have people like that coming into the country can we!

It would be nice if we were properly resourced to do our job properly so we can fulfil your Brexit fantasies. Unfortunately your darling Brexiteer government won't fund us properly because they didn't realise the consequences (and costs) of ending freedom of movement. But they don't actually want to end freedom of movement but they won't admit it for fear of upsetting the Brexit snowflakes.

Officers are leaving and not being replaced. We are having to do more with less and are stretched to breaking point - and all of this is happening under the cloud of covid. God knows what it would be like if we had the same passenger numbers as we did pre-covid.

We are still getting swamped with asylum seekers. The channel gets the news but the airports are seeing numbers higher than ever (even with less passengers). I wonder why this is? Maybe you could tell me. We are seeing a decrease in skilled and professional workers, not to mention young EU adults coming over for casual work and life experiences. There is a rise in unskilled workers coming for a "holiday" in midwinter though.

But what really gets me are the family cases. You know the ones - you know everything remember - Mum and Dad have applied for permission to stay but they sent the short form birth certificate for little Johnny instead of the long one. Its 1am and they are returning from a trip home to see Granny. Mum and Dad can go through but little Johnny falls for refusal on a technicality. So what do we do? Send the kid back because he doesn't have permission to be here? Or do we break the rules, put our jobs at risk, and let little Johnny through?

Thats how Brexit affects me. I have to deal with this bullshit on the front line every day.

Or do you just mean am I earning less money?

Oh boo fooking hoo breaking news someone who didn't get his own way is determined to prove how right he was lmfao. Before Brexit we never had terrorists? Where were you and yours when the Manchester arena Bombers and drug dealers were nipping in and it of the country? The fact that the EU reuses to share info on terrorists is more a black mark against them rather than me and as I thought your life hasn't really been affected and what's more you will be on your fat pension in no time. As for how hard your job is go and talk to some nurses FFS.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 8:29 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Thanks Frank, for outlining some of the true costs of Brexit. It stretches to much more than whether someone is better off or not.

I'm in the fortunate position of not having to worry about finances, but Brexit has restricted my movement within the EU as it has millions of other people who own properties in Spain and elsewhere. The ex-pat community here in Spain has taken a huge hit, people have been forced to sell and move back to the UK. Yes, we could have become residents, but we chose not to do that, we have too many links to home. The fact that we, and millions of others had to choose is the result of the selfish  actions of 17m people (out of 65m), following a campaign based on lies and deceit.

Anyway, my circumstances pale into insignificance when you read Frank's post. All the rabid Brexiteers should read it and hang their heads in shame.

You can feck off as well. How rabid is that wanker?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 8:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:
I am afraid that even a tiny plus point such as this is grasped by the cult and held up as proof of the massive success of our departure.

The tory mantra of every man for himself and devil take the hindmost also means that if you are not personally worse off that too means massive success.

Me, me, me, feck society and everyone else.

Bollocks it proves what I said before all this actually happened that there will be winners and losers and like or not this is the new normal to coin a phrase. For the businesses that are prepared to change there have been massive opportunities created, the reality is that the lives of yourself, Frank and PP have changed not one jot whilst myself as self employed person have ridden out recessions and crap governments all my life by evolving and changing just go with it and guess what I'm thriving. Even if my business folded there is loads of work out there yet you would have us all believe that life is terrible.
I am not suggesting for one minute that there aren't loads of people struggling at the bottom of the pile but that has been going on for hundreds of years and has fook all to do with the B word either. I have long been a campaigner for the living wage and was paying £10/hr to labourers more than ten years ago but all the remoaners I know are working for big companies on big wages with big pensions and look at me in horror when I suggest they should be paying their worker bees more money.  That's selfish for you.

And the point that you fail to address is that you initially championed the Brixham story as some sort of Brexit success. Even minimal research into the story shows that one company is benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

You have no idea how my life has changed because of Brexit. Thats the "reality".

I highlighted Brixham as a Brexit success because it is, they have shown the other ports the way forward. As for how terrible your life is since Brexit why don't you tell us? Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all.

Brixham isn't an example of a Brexit success. You don't understand what you are talking about. They are the first to adapt to the clusterfuck that is Brexit and are benefiting at the expense of other UK ports.

Quote :
Fact is Brexit hasn't changed your life at all

So you are an expert on my life as well? I know you think you are an expert on everything, including my profession, but I didn't realise you knew the in and outs of my life. Aren't we lucky to be in the presence of such a polymath.

As you know I am an Immigration Officer. Unlike you, I am at the absolute front line of this Brexit clusterfuck. I doubt there is anyone else on these boards who has to live and breath this nonsense day in day out as much as I do. Instead of protecting the border we are working with our eyes closed because you voted for us to lose access to the SIS2 system. We used to be able to stop criminals coming into the UK, but now we have no idea who is coming in.

Instead, we are targeting decent people who are coming here to work. Highlights include a 19 year old au-pair coming for the summer, a teacher coming back after Christmas, a Premier League footballer and a student returning to complete his 4th year of a Uni course. But we can't have people like that coming into the country can we!

It would be nice if we were properly resourced to do our job properly so we can fulfil your Brexit fantasies. Unfortunately your darling Brexiteer government won't fund us properly because they didn't realise the consequences (and costs) of ending freedom of movement. But they don't actually want to end freedom of movement but they won't admit it for fear of upsetting the Brexit snowflakes.

Officers are leaving and not being replaced. We are having to do more with less and are stretched to breaking point - and all of this is happening under the cloud of covid. God knows what it would be like if we had the same passenger numbers as we did pre-covid.

We are still getting swamped with asylum seekers. The channel gets the news but the airports are seeing numbers higher than ever (even with less passengers). I wonder why this is? Maybe you could tell me. We are seeing a decrease in skilled and professional workers, not to mention young EU adults coming over for casual work and life experiences. There is a rise in unskilled workers coming for a "holiday" in midwinter though.

But what really gets me are the family cases. You know the ones - you know everything remember - Mum and Dad have applied for permission to stay but they sent the short form birth certificate for little Johnny instead of the long one. Its 1am and they are returning from a trip home to see Granny. Mum and Dad can go through but little Johnny falls for refusal on a technicality. So what do we do? Send the kid back because he doesn't have permission to be here? Or do we break the rules, put our jobs at risk, and let little Johnny through?

Thats how Brexit affects me. I have to deal with this bullshit on the front line every day.

Or do you just mean am I earning less money?

Oh boo fooking hoo breaking news someone who didn't get his own way is determined to prove how right he was lmfao. Before Brexit we never had terrorists? Where were you and yours when the Manchester arena Bombers and drug dealers were nipping in and it of the country? The fact that the EU reuses to share info on terrorists is more a black mark against them rather than me and as I thought  your life hasn't really been affected and what's more you will be on your fat pension in no time. As for how hard your job is go and talk to some nurses FFS.

I think you meant to say:

Thanks for the insight. There are loads of things there that I didn’t know about or had never considered. I understand now why you have a different opinion to me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 15, 2022 9:31 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 10:19 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I'm in the fortunate position of not having to worry about finances, but Brexit has restricted my movement within the EU as it has millions of other people who own properties in Spain and elsewhere. The ex-pat community here in Spain has taken a huge hit, people have been forced to sell and move back to the UK. Yes, we could have become residents, but we chose not to do that, we have too many links to home. The fact that we, and millions of others had to choose is the result of the selfish  actions of 17m people (out of 65m), following a campaign based on lies and deceit.

You can feck off as well. How rabid is that wanker?

As rabid and ignorant as we all expected. You really need to accept that other people have different views to you.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 1:13 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
You really need to accept that other people have different views to you.

But fortunately not the majority of the electorate.

That’s quite a rich line from a Remainer who won’t accept the result of a legitimate referendum & move on.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 2:46 pm

lol x 2
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 11:24 pm

Project Fear when we leave the Government will abandon European standards for pesticides.

Project Here, start spraying lads kill those fecking Bees!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:50 pm

9k queue for Dover today, lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:23 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

That’s quite a rich line from a Remainer who won’t accept the result of a legitimate referendum & move on.

Long accepted it myself. Now you need to accept it has caused lots of people a load of hassle for no tangicle gain.

I'd be interested to hear if you have an example of one
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 am

Shit filled rivers?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 am

seadog wrote:

Lol indeed. More lateral flow tests needed to get rid of queues, like all Brexit related "we are all going to die" headlines it is actually caused by Covid and crap government.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Lol indeed. More lateral flow tests needed to get rid of queues, like all Brexit related "we are all going to die" headlines it is actually caused by Covid and crap government.

Oh so its nothing to do with the fact we've introduced inbound customs checks this month where previously there were none then and all to do with COVID. This puzzles me as the Government is about to do away with all Covid restrictions.

Interestingly France is seeing a massive rise in COVID cases, yet I'm yet to hear about lorries queuing to get in or other supply issues.

Totally about crap government though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Oh so its nothing to do with the fact we've introduced inbound customs checks this month where previously there were none then and all to do with COVID. This puzzles me as the Government is about to do away with all Covid restrictions.

Interestingly France is seeing a massive rise in COVID cases, yet I'm yet to hear about lorries queuing to get in or other supply issues.

Totally about crap government though.

No the story is about queues at Dover caused by lack of lateral flow tests.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm

But covid is over in little england, why the need for tests?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm

If you say so.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 3:11 pm

I listen only to unelected bureaucrats:

First Covid vaccine
Fastest rollout in Europe
Fastest booster programme
95 per cent of us with antibodies
First out of lockdown
Final restrictions being scrapped
We should be celebrating as if this were VE Day.
Why is everyone so bloody glum?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 pm

lol

LFT Delay Map
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 7:50 pm

seadog wrote:
I listen only to unelected bureaucrats:

First Covid vaccine
Fastest rollout in Europe
Fastest booster programme
95 per cent of us with antibodies
First out of lockdown
Final restrictions being scrapped
We should be celebrating as if this were VE Day.
Why is everyone so bloody glum?

Why do you think, we can’t  have any fecking parties!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm

LFTS I got 3 boxes £5 a box i'l bring them with me tomorrow, when i collect my ounce of Mayor in central park.....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm

[quote="seadog"]But covid is over in little england, why the need for tests?[/quot

Brexit was over in 2016 doesn't stop you bringing it up to blame for Covid. Anyway as your pics show the lorry drivers need to get them to get their goods to the EU, you know all that trade that was meant stop five years ago.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 9:07 pm

The LFT excuse has simply been invented to cover up the real reason. Mountains of brand new tory red tape.

Boris and his unelected bureaucrats and Russian Lord continue to do a fine job.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 9:30 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Long accepted it myself. Now you need to accept it has caused lots of people a load of hassle for no tangicle gain.

I'd be interested to hear if you have an  example of one

There's nothing to be done except accept it, which everyone has. However, it will always be one of the most catastrophically stupid things this country has ever done, and we will be feeling the negative effects for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 1:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I'd be interested to hear if you have an  example of one

There's nothing to be done except accept it, which everyone has. However, BREXIT  will always be one of the most catastrophically stupid things this country has ever done, and we will be feeling the negative effects for years to come.
[/quote

Edit for factuals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 26 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next