Freathy
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 pm

akagreengull wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Clearly a bad day at the office, cue the usual reactive short sighted naysayers. Time to move onto the next game. geek

They're having a field day.

Poor performance tis true against a side that kicked, pushed, pulled at every opportunity and were allowed to do so. Nothing up front today, Mayor was crowded out every time he got the ball, they overloaded the left side and nullified anything coming from there.

Had 0-0 written all over it, they didn't look dangerous but were gifted goals, not for the first time this season. Aimson again played well but no-one else was worth a mention.

Poor result in a howling gale against a team we should beat.

Good to read a more measured objective verdict P.P

yeah cause blaming the bloody wind as a reason for the defeat despite the fact shrewsbury played in the same conditions is up there with the best measured responses there is lmao
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:34 pm

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Clearly a bad day at the office, cue the usual reactive short sighted naysayers. Time to move onto the next game. geek

Poor performance tis true against a side that kicked, pushed, pulled at every opportunity and were allowed to do so. Nothing up front today, Mayor was crowded out every time he got the ball, they overloaded the left side and nullified anything coming from there.

Had 0-0 written all over it, they didn't look dangerous but were gifted goals, not for the first time this season. Aimson again played well but no-one else was worth a mention.

clearly on a windup so im not biting cause if you truly believe that your best off on pasoti with the rest of the deluded fans that are happy to loose like we did and make up excuses for it.

Not quite sure what you mean. No excuses made, poor performance, no players worth a mention. Yes it was crap.

Would you rather I got hysterical and call for the whole team, the manager, the coaches, the coach driver, and the board to be sacked?

See it for what it was, a poor performance in an end of season game. We have some good players at this level, and we will need to add to them for next season if we want to do well. A poor performance doesn't mean all the players are crap, the manager is crap and everything about the club is crap.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Is he gone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:26 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

clearly on a windup so im not biting cause if you truly believe that your best off on pasoti with the rest of the deluded fans that are happy to loose like we did and make up excuses for it.

Not quite sure what you mean. No excuses made, poor performance, no players worth a mention. Yes it was crap.

Would you rather I got hysterical and call for the whole team, the manager, the coaches, the coach driver, and the board to be sacked?

See it for what it was, a poor performance in an end of season game. We have some good players at this level, and we will need to add to them for next season if we want to do well. A poor performance doesn't mean all the players are crap, the manager is crap and everything about the club is crap.

That is understandable and Alot needs to be addressed for next season in terms of how we defend which includes bringing in a whole new unit as the current one is out of contract or going back to their clubs in the summer and coaching them better too by bringing in a coach for that as they arent getting the guidance needed in lieu of the other positions.
What also needs to be ironed out is what is being said or done at halftime as that is having a negative effect and not something that should be continued whatever it is if its is indeed Ryan's team talks or him overloading the players with instructions cut it out for your own good before it becomes his downfall.

i truly dont understand why Ryan changed a new system and formation that was working for us to go back to one that teams have sussed us out using and is not as effective anymore. Maybe that will be addressed in the press conference that ill catch in a minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Picked the wrong team today, and they were all crap bar Aimison
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

That is understandable and Alot needs to be addressed for next season in terms of how we defend which includes bringing in a whole new unit as the current one is out of contract or going back to their clubs in the summer and coaching them better too by bringing in a coach for that as they arent getting the guidance needed in lieu of the other positions.
What also needs to be ironed out is what is being said or done at halftime as that is having a negative effect and  not something that should be continued whatever it is if its is indeed Ryan's team talks or him overloading the players with instructions cut it out for your own good before it becomes his downfall.

i truly dont understand why Ryan changed a new system and formation  that was working for us to go back to one that teams have sussed us out using and is not as effective anymore. Maybe that will be addressed in the press conference that ill catch in a minute.

Whether PP gets hysterical or not we are in for a virtually new team next season as we don't have many players signed for next year which is a fact no one can deny. The only thing I'd add is thank fook for that. Make no mistake if we went into next season with this team we'd be down by Christmas. I don't think Lowe should go anywhere, I simply can't believe that Lowe wanted to keep this defence I think he had no budget left after signing the forwards he wanted. Personally I think more lies on Halletts shoulders as he is going to have to dig deep to fund much more quality from top to bottom of this team, if he isn't prepared to fund a team capable of being a force in league 1 he needs to move aside for someone who will.
I'm off to dig a bunker whilst I prepare for imminent assault.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:25 pm

But isn't it the Manager's fault if he splashed all his funds on forwards? And wasn't G Cooper the last player bought for a fee in the close season-a forward looking midfielder shoe horned into a Wing back role?

Alf Ramsey famously told Jack Charlton "I have a system in mind and I pick players to fit the system, not necessarily the best players Jack"

This is where Lowe has gone wrong. He has a system and style in mind 3-5-2 playing out from the back, but he's gone out and signed good (in his view) players rather that players that fit the system.

So we have central defenders who aren't good enough to play out from the back attack minded players like Grant, Cooper and Moore playing in positions that don't suit them.

So Lowe either needs to play a formation and style that suits the players at his disposal or get in a bunch of players that can play in his preferred formation.

I actually think that Argyle already have a group of players who could be moulded into a decent team playing a more pragmatic 4-4-2 formation like Sturrock's last promotion winning team

Last edited by Grovehill on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

What also needs to be ironed out is what is being said or done at halftime as that is having a negative effect and  not something that should be continued whatever it is if its is indeed Ryan's team talks or him overloading the players with instructions cut it out for your own good before it becomes his downfall.

i truly dont understand why Ryan changed a new system and formation  that was working for us to go back to one that teams have sussed us out using and is not as effective anymore. Maybe that will be addressed in the press conference that ill catch in a minute.

Whether PP gets hysterical or not we are in for a virtually new team next season as we don't have many players signed for next year which is a fact no one can deny. The only thing I'd add is thank fook for that. Make no mistake if we went into next season with this team we'd be down by Christmas. I don't think Lowe should go anywhere, I simply can't believe that Lowe wanted to keep this defence I think he had no budget left after signing the forwards he wanted. Personally I think more lies  on Halletts shoulders as he is going to have to dig deep to fund much more quality from top to bottom of this team, if he isn't prepared to fund a team capable of being a force in league 1 he needs to move aside for someone who will.

Budget needs increasing im sure it wont be as a result of covid as the reason even thought the club will still make a profit on season ticket sales coming up.

Only way lowe is going to have the funds to rebuild a strong competitive squad through out on top of the budget given is if he sells Copper for a good deal. I would say or Jephcott but he wont attract offers anymore atm. He needs to get back into fitness and scoring goals as he is blowing out his arse lately when he comes on for 20 mins god knows what's up with him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
But isn't it the Manager's fault if he splashed all his funds on forwards? And wasn't G Cooper the last player bought for a fee in the close season-a forward looking midfielder shoe horned into a Wing back role?

Alf Ramsey famously told Jack Charlton "I have a system in mind and I pick players to fit the system, not necessarily the best players Jack"

This is where Lowe has gone wrong. He has a system and style in mind 3-5-2 playing out from the back, but he's gone out and signed good (in his view) players rather that players that fit the system.

So we have central defenders who aren't good enough to play out from the back attack minded players like Grant, Cooper and Moore playing in positions that don't suit them.

So Lowe either needs to play a formation and style that suits the players at his disposal or get in a bunch of players that can play in his preferred formation.

Don't you think Lowe would rather have signed both? I think Lowe has done well with the budget he had, safety assured but we will only progress in this league with a budget that matches the ambition. Sustainability only brings lge.1 and leg.2 I think we need a cash injection to compete at the top end of this league and I think Lowe would do well if given the budget needed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:33 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Whether PP gets hysterical or not we are in for a virtually new team next season as we don't have many players signed for next year which is a fact no one can deny. The only thing I'd add is thank fook for that. Make no mistake if we went into next season with this team we'd be down by Christmas. I don't think Lowe should go anywhere, I simply can't believe that Lowe wanted to keep this defence I think he had no budget left after signing the forwards he wanted. Personally I think more lies  on Halletts shoulders as he is going to have to dig deep to fund much more quality from top to bottom of this team, if he isn't prepared to fund a team capable of being a force in league 1 he needs to move aside for someone who will.

Budget needs increasing im sure it wont be as a result of covid as the reason even thought the club will still make a profit on season ticket sales coming up.

Only way lowe is going to have the funds to rebuild a strong competitive squad through out on top of the budget given is if he sells Copper for a good deal. I would say or Jephcott but he wont attract offers anymore atm. He needs to get back into fitness and scoring goals as he is blowing out his arse lately when he comes on for 20 mins god knows what's up with him.

Or the owner could invest some more in his business or find someone that could.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:42 pm

But Lowe should know we can't afford ball playing centre backs and wing backs who can get up and down the field as well as the attackers he likes signing.

Players should be playing to their strengths not squeezed into a system that doesn't suit them-Cooper being a case in point.

Imagine a midfield of Grant Mayor Edwards and Cooper in front of a no nonsense back 4 with Ennis and Jephcott up front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 8:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Or the owner could invest some more in his business or find someone that could.

he or indeed an outside investor could invested shit loads but the club too needs to be making money on its own too otherwise that investment just goes on bills and not where its needed ie transfer budgets.

Hopefully Simon does indeed give an increased budget. We have a good nucleus of a squad if we add well and strengthen the depth of the squad and keep the good players out of contract i think we could push on with the areas already mentioned worked on lowe's end.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 9:14 pm

Lowe only does well when he can outspend the opposition.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:35 am

Errington
"Mike Cooper 5 STAR MAN - Made a good diving save early on when Ethan Ebanks-Landell got a touch to a free-kick, but ended up being beaten three times in the second half. The first goal was a deflected shot which looped over him while the second came after a wayward back pass from Conor Grant."
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We will finish this season on 52 points.  I hope that's enough.  Get Lowe out now Hallett!!

That's 52 more points than you thought we'd get. You should be pleased.

If we stay up we should consider ourselves extremely fortunate. We have been absolutely diabolical all season and very easy to beat.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

In spite of yesterdays result and by all accounts atrocious performance,Argyle are still in a position to attain a lower mid table position. Nothing brilliant about that-never acceptable for Argyle in the long term scheme of things but just about acceptable for a promoted club bearing in mind that some fellow promotees have fared much worse in bridging the gap between the divisions. It is very clear though that big changes need to be made if any realistic challenge is to be made next season-the negative goal difference figure is revealing in itself. The feeling from yesterdays game is that it could be a turning point in Lowes thinking similar to when Argyle were hammered at Kidderminster in Sturrocks first season and which led to him undertaking a clear out and complete rebuild for the following record breaking season. I don't envy Lowe in making those decisions but personally the signing of a commanding centre back who can also provide a threat at set pieces [an area very much under exploited by Argyle this season] in the mould of Bradley,Coughlin,Heathcote et al would be number one priority as a key to improving matters at both ends. Further up the pitch there are definitely more questions than obvious answers and the team that takes the field in August will almost certainly be very different to the one that finishes the season. Interesting times and Lowe will need to get it right to prevent some real pressure building on him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:33 am

A well balanced post skinny, we'll have less of that please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 12:45 pm

There’s no denying we were absolute crap against Shrewsbury and as usual a lot of knee jerk posts appear.
Maybe for some expectations for this season were just too high, I took a look at some pre season predictions by ATD posters and with the exclusion of the usual predictor of doom and gloom we’re around where most expected us to be.
I’m not suggesting Lowe or us rest on our laurels and settle for that for next season, anything but.
For me the clubs medium to long term vision is the correct one but the question is how do deal with the short term that’ll satisfy the fans.
I’m not a green tinter and I try not to post immediately after a defeat as I spend the next few days being miserable git, being supremely disappointed and thinking about it all but in the grand scheme for the 20/21 season we’re just about where most of us predicted.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
In spite of yesterdays result and by all accounts atrocious performance,Argyle are still in a position to attain a lower mid table position. Nothing brilliant about that-never acceptable for Argyle in the long term scheme of things but just about acceptable for a promoted club bearing in mind that some fellow promotees have fared much worse in bridging the gap between the divisions. It is very clear though that big changes need to be made if any realistic challenge is to be made next season-the negative goal difference figure is revealing in itself. The feeling from yesterdays game is that it could be a turning point in Lowes thinking similar to when Argyle were hammered at Kidderminster in Sturrocks first season and which led to him undertaking a clear out and complete rebuild for the following record breaking season. I don't envy Lowe in making those decisions but personally the signing of a commanding centre back who can also provide a threat at set pieces [an area very much under exploited by Argyle this season] in the mould of Bradley,Coughlin,Heathcote et al would be number one priority as a key to improving matters at both ends. Further up the pitch there are definitely more questions than obvious answers and the team that takes the field in August will almost certainly be very different to the one that finishes the season. Interesting times and Lowe will need to get it right to prevent some real pressure building on him.

All very commendable but the fact is that the vast majority of the current squad were signed by Lowe, so trusting his judgement for another recruiting campaign is a big ask.

Argyle are likely to finish this season lower than Adams' team did in their first season back in L1. We all know how giving him another season worked out!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
There’s no denying we were absolute crap against Shrewsbury and as usual a lot of knee jerk posts appear.
Maybe for some expectations for this season were just too high, I took a look at some pre season predictions by ATD posters and with the exclusion of the usual predictor of doom and gloom we’re around where most expected us to be.
I’m not suggesting Lowe or us rest on our laurels and settle for that for next season, anything but.
For me the clubs medium to long term vision is the correct one but the question is how do deal with the short term that’ll satisfy the fans.
I’m not a green tinter and I try not to post immediately after a defeat as I spend the next few days being miserable git, being supremely disappointed and thinking about it all but in the grand scheme for the 20/21 season we’re just about where most of us predicted.

What the hell does knee jerking have to do with comments made when we are nearly through a whole season? When the first five games have been played it would be fair enough but with five games to go it doesn't class as a Knee jerk at all.
Not just aimed at you Graiser but fans need to stop being so precious and be accepting of a different POV, on here there are about three people that want Lowe gone now, a few more would shed no tears if he got sacked at the seasons end whilst most (myself included) would stick with him as they think he's achieved his remit so far. They all have as much validity as each other as its all hot air and Hallets decision not ours.
Personally I don't think there is another club in the country whose fans wouldn't be howling like feck having watched some of the performances this year, it simply isn't good enough and Id imagine it has knocked a few hundred off the number of season tickets we will sell next season already. If these performances carry on next season we will soon drop supporters in droves which has always happened when we are shite. Something must improve and seriously, if we stuck with this team we would be down in no time I'm not sure how we are finishing where we are now tbh.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

What the hell does knee jerking have to do with comments made when we are nearly through a whole season? When the first five games have been played it would be fair enough but with five games to go it doesn't class as a Knee jerk at all.
Not just aimed at you Graiser but fans need to stop being so precious and be accepting of a different POV, on here there are about three people that want Lowe gone now, a few more would shed no tears if he got sacked at the seasons end whilst most (myself included) would stick with him as they think he's achieved his remit so far. They all have as much validity as each other as its all hot air and Hallets decision not ours.
Personally I don't think there is another club in the country whose fans wouldn't be howling like feck having watched some of the performances this year, it simply isn't good enough and Id imagine it has knocked a few hundred off the number of season tickets we will sell next season already. If these performances carry on next season we will soon drop supporters in droves which has always happened when we are shite. Something must improve and seriously, if we stuck with this team we would be down in no time I'm not sure how we are finishing where we are now tbh.

Decent post Ears indeed.
I'd shed no tears if Lowe were to be booted but in reality he clearly wont be

The team is another kettle of fish. I say again absolutely no one out of contract should be retained bar Luke McCormick with Mayor the first out the door along with hot and cold Grant.
If Cooper is still here in two years time he'll still be rattling up the mistakes over the course of the season....he simply hasn't "got it" its as simple as that
Pity Lowe didnt offload Jeppers in January for a bundle it may have made Hallets job easier in a few weeks time. I think many will be disappointed with whats coming this close season budget wise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

By knee jerking I’m referring to commenting immediately following a performance like that, everybody’s so full of emotions and hacked off, I had 4 fecking hours of helping the wife hang 1 pair of Bleddy curtains and then watched that tripe so I wasn’t in the best frame of mind to give a constructive opinion.
I’m a Lowe in person for sure, however I’m fairly confident that he’s already identified the players he doesn’t want and those players may feel that.
Looking forward to to next season which I think will be a better one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 5:32 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Decent post Ears indeed.
I'd shed no tears if Lowe were to be booted but in reality he clearly wont be

The team is another kettle of fish. I say again absolutely no one out of contract should be retained bar Luke McCormick with Mayor the first out the door along with hot and cold Grant.
If Cooper is still here in two years time he'll still be rattling up the mistakes over the course of the season....he simply hasn't "got it" its as simple as that
Pity Lowe didnt offload Jeppers in January for a bundle it may have made Hallets job easier in a few weeks time. I think many will be disappointed with whats coming this close season budget wise

So you’d retain McCormick who hasn’t played a league game this season, is that on past performances, how he trains or you just like him ? Makes your assessment on other players a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

All very commendable but the fact is that the vast majority of the current squad were signed by Lowe, so trusting his judgement for another recruiting campaign is a big ask.  

Argyle are likely to finish this season lower than Adams' team did in their first season back in L1. We all know how giving him another season worked out!

But you don't look at Lowe in an objective way though Grovey,abundantly clear from posts past that you don't like the bloke either as a person or manager. There is a counter argument that his judgement has led to two major targets being achieved,namely promotion and the avoidance of relegation in the higher division with 7 games remaining and therefore the man has earned the right to a chance to make further progress.And if you can honestly state that you would have sacked Adams after a promotion and finishing 7th in the higher division,then a garland of Venutian roses to you for being so far sighted.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:27 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

But you don't look at Lowe in an objective way though Grovey,abundantly clear from posts past that you don't like the bloke either as a person or manager. There is a counter argument that his judgement has led to two major targets being achieved,namely promotion and the avoidance of relegation in the higher division with 7 games remaining and therefore the man has earned the right to a chance to make further progress.And if you can honestly state that you would have sacked Adams after a promotion and finishing 7th in the higher division,then a garland of Venutian  roses to you for being so far sighted.

As I've never met the man, I have nothing personal against him. But as my posts show, I have questioned right from the start of his tenure,  whether a manager with less than 18 months experience in the hot seat was the right man for Argyle. I also questioned from day one whether other teams would "suss out" his tactics and exploit the weaknesses therein, especially if the players signed aren't suited to that system

It's certainly debatable if last season would have ended in promotion in a normal season. In fact,if the ECFC game had gone ahead on the original date and we had not won, I think ECFC would have been promoted instead.

As it is, this season has featured to fairly lengthy losing runs with some heavy defeats where it seemed Lowe had no idea how to turn things around. As it was, a change of tactics bought about by injuries and suspensions lead to the end of the most recent losing run. However, Lowe reverted to type on Saturday, with the result that we all know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle    Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next