Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.

Go down 
+15
Greenlander
seadog
PatDunne
Tringreen
Rickler
harvetheslayer
zyph
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Freathy
Dog Bone Malone
akagreengull
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 9:11 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Perhaps some Argyle fans could tart it up?

Plumb in half a dozen urinals?

Truth is if you're on the lash with a crowd, rather than fight your way to the toilet, you leave Kitty's then take a piss at the first opportunity en route to the Barbican.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 9:11 pm

PatDunne wrote:

It needs alot of work way beyond argyle fans picking up used condoms and beer bottles. Some trees need removing/work that are overgrown, relaying concrete its a council job they want the glory they should pay for it too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Truth is if you're on the lash with a crowd, rather than fight your way to the toilet, you leave Kitty's then take a piss at the first opportunity en route to the Barbican.

Apart from that they have closed down toilets all over Devon and probably Britain, the decline in public toilets has been on a par with the rise in cost of fines for pissing in public, if they are going to close all the loos down they should make public urination legal.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Apart from that they have closed down toilets all over Devon and probably Britain, the decline in public toilets has been on a par with the rise in cost of fines for pissing in public, if they are going to close all the loos down they should make public urination legal.

I'm told the public toilets on Barbican cost 30 pence and you can pay by card but what often happens is people try and leave the door wedged open to enable the next user to piss for free.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 11:36 am

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

I'm told the public toilets on Barbican cost 30 pence and you can pay by card but what often happens is people try and leave the door wedged open to enable the next user to piss for free.

They done away with the locks for the disability keys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

and they wonder why so many are going in back alleys to piss n shit. nearest free toilets are on the hoe and they are worst than the ones in trainspotting.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Lost my eldest boy in the toilet at Porlock when he was about ten, it was twenty pence and I only had one twenty pence he says he needs a dump I needed a piss so we went in together then I went out to leave him to it. When I went back to see where he was I could hear him banging on the door and shouting. When I went out the lights all went off and the door locked. Had to traipse around looking for change.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Maybe they should build the Jack Leslie remorial public toilets with the money?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Lost my eldest boy in the toilet at Porlock when he was about ten, it was twenty pence and I only had one twenty pence he says he needs a dump I needed a piss so we went in together then I went out to leave him to it. When I went back to see where he was I could hear him banging on the door and shouting. When I went out the lights all went off and the door locked. Had to traipse around looking for change.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

I remember trying to get up Porlock hill in a 1.1 Fiesta. Fun
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm

£71,721 raised with 29 days to go.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 6:48 pm

73 and a half k now raised.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Only 1386 donations so far it seems.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 12:42 pm

A piss, puke and litter ridden cut-through en-route to the Barbican.

How long before these go up, as in Londinium! I mean, shitting in the streets? FFS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 12:53 pm

POI wrote:
A piss, puke and litter ridden cut-through en-route to the Barbican.

How long before these go up, as in Londinium! I mean, shitting in the streets? FFS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i can see them going up around the barbican not that it will do alot of good the seagulls will still shit where they like.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Iam In deep shock !
I thought them pavements were littered with gold maybe they are if you live in Leafy Hampstead but then again not so much if you live in say Peckham though
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Just under 5k to go.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm a bit disappointed, so much support but only 1708 individual donations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 3:07 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed, so much support but only 1708 individual donations.

not everyone has money to spare especially during an pandemic.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Very true Angry. I am lucky enough to be able to contribute. I have asked for the Argyle and Barking prints for my man den( which is what the wife calls the room with my pc and stuff in. It also has the washing and ironing in there as well!) Sad

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 4:56 pm

100K reached. parteeeeee

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 8:09 am

Yep great news, was mentioned on radio Devon this morning, and that the new total is now to get £120k. cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:40 am

Almost 134k!

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 am

Thumbs
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Almost 134k!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 am

yeap tudor evans as predicted jumped in and donated on behalf of the council £20,000 of funding. No doubt he'll be using this as a political ploy and push for the statue to go in that square hes fighting hard to rename despite objections so it has more clout.

Someone donated £30,000 In honour of a true king of the game...  David Friio will be pleased with that donation on his behalf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next