Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.

Go down 
+15
Greenlander
seadog
PatDunne
Tringreen
Rickler
harvetheslayer
zyph
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Freathy
Dog Bone Malone
akagreengull
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Hopefully with that amount of dosh they should be able to hire someone decent to do the job I've had images in my head of the Ronaldo one. There's a guy who's on that annoying wankers salvage hunters the restorers who is unbelievably good sculptor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hopefully with that amount of dosh they should be able to hire someone decent to do the job I've had images in my head of the Ronaldo one. There's a guy who's on that annoying wankers salvage hunters the restorers who is unbelievably good sculptor.

if pcc has £20000 to spend i would have like them to put some of that into collecting garden waste... been waiting for months to empty my bags so i can cut my grass again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Nick Elphicke from Llandudno is the guy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

if pcc has £20000 to spend i would have like them to put some of that into collecting garden waste... been waiting for months to empty my bags so i can cut my grass again.

It's fookin ludicrous for PCC to donate anything. How the fook can they justify closing down public toilets make cuts to care, drug and alcohol treatment ect. And then find £20k? I'm glad I'm not a Plymouth tax payer.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Money has been donated by a lot of the Plymouth councillors/MPs.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

For all the failings of our local council they have collected our normal waste and recycling waste every week during lockdown and our green garden waste every other week as normal.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:25 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

For all the failings of our local council they have collected our normal waste and recycling waste every week during lockdown and our green garden waste every other week as normal.

pcc arent even cutting the grass here let alone garden waste... well they are cutting the grass just the edges where the curbs are only.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Shocking, typical labour squandering other peoples money.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 1:38 pm

If ever there was a misnomer it's "green waste" whatever happened to compost heaps? People pay to have a massive diesel truck pick up their waste it goes to Chelson Meadow then my neighbour (who earns a fortune doing it) dreys it in massive Tractors back to Tavistock where the farmers are paid again to spread it on their fields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 6:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If ever there was a misnomer it's "green waste" whatever happened to compost heaps? People pay to have a massive diesel truck pick up their waste it goes to Chelson Meadow then my neighbour (who earns a fortune doing it) dreys it in massive Tractors back to Tavistock where the farmers are paid again to spread it on their fields.

i'd do a compost heap if i had a garden worth doing it or grew anything of worth. But we all maybe forced to do it soon if swampy and his friends have their way even if you live in a flat and don't have a garden
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i'd do a compost heap if i had a garden worth doing it or grew anything of worth. But we all maybe forced to do it soon if swampy and his friends have their way even if you live in a flat and don't have a garden

How do you produce green waste if you don't have a garden?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:03 pm

All his old Argyle shirts, scarfs and bobble hats.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i do just not one big enough to grow fruit and vegetables basically a lawn with flowers around the edges with a fence going around it all
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 11:13 am

135 and a half K!

Well done to everyone connected with the campaign. Work well done.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i do just not one big enough to grow fruit and vegetables basically a lawn with flowers around the edges with a fence going around it all

Fair enough. Couldn't you take it round to Czarks and tip it over the hedge into his neighbours? They wouldn't notice by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 pm

135K raised for a statue - could've funded the Argyle ladies for twenty years or more with that kind of money.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:14 pm

PatDunne wrote:
135K raised for a statue - could've funded the Argyle ladies for twenty years or more with that kind of money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 10:02 pm

PatDunne wrote:

maybe with the money they have left over can go there. Cause tudor thinks hes getting that for his square aswell as the statue he can do one.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am

Received my Jack Leslie prints this morning in the post safely. They are great. Will be putting them in frames and sticking them up on the wall in my man cave/ study.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 pm

i wonder where they are putting the statue
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Somewhere outside Home Park.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:18 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Somewhere outside Home Park.

lol thats a given i was on about where outside home park. My guess atm is outside the club shop.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Outside the player/ officials entrance next to the lighthouse? raised eyebrow Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 pm

With the money now raised they have upgraded to a 300m high statue that's going to take up half the park and ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Outside the player/ officials entrance next to the lighthouse? raised eyebrow Very Happy

But wont that lighthouse ruin peoples sea views from peverell? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.   Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Leslie statue campaign gathers pace.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next