Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Lowe - Positive Window Empty
PostSubject: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 4:58 pm

AS the January transfer window comes to a close, Argyle manager Ryan Lowe has reflected on the success he has had over the month.

There was a total of four incomings for Argyle and four players leaving the club, too. Luke Jephcott returned from his loan spell at Truro to become Argyle’s first January transfer, followed by Tyreeq Bakinson joining from Bristol City.

Next up was another loan deal for Josh Grant, following on from his previous loan at the beginning of the month, and finally we were introduced to striker Ryan Hardie, loaned from Blackpool.

“We’ve been planning January since September,” said the gaffer. “We knew where we were at.

“We knew we had Tyreeq Bakinson marked, we had Josh marked, we were obviously looking for a striker, like everybody knew, and we were glad we got Ryan Hardie.

“There were plenty [of players] thrown out there who we could’ve had, you want people who come in for the right things.

“Ryan has come to score goals and help us, some players might have wanted to come for more money, to keep their career on track, just to be a professional footballer for as long as they can but we wanted to make sure it was the right fit.”

Ryan believes that the club have done well over the window, with not too many new players being introduced into the system, but he also let players go for the right reasons.

“I’ve seen some clubs sign six or seven players and it’s just going to disturb the dressing room at some point,” he said.

“We’ve done it gradually, Josh has been with us from the start of the season, Tyreeq had known most of the lads anyway because he trained with us quite a bit. Luke is one of our own, so really when you look at it, we’ve only had one player who was unknown to the squad that has come in.

“I think it’s vital when you bring those type of players in that they bed into the squad and Ryan Hardie has certainly done that.

“The lads who have gone have gone out because they felt that they wanted to go and play games. They felt they couldn’t get in the team and their future lay elsewhere, so we allowed them to go.”

Lowe has confirmed there will be no more players joining Argyle, but there are still opportunities for some to go out.

“There will be no ins, certainly,” he said. “There may be one or two of the youngsters going out on loan, that will be to the Conference or one below, but that can happen any time.

“We’ve got a bit of interest in Klaidi [Lolos] from some Conference clubs but, again, we’re not just going to throw him in anywhere.

“We’re going to make sure it’s the right fit that suits us and the manager as well, he’s a good bloke first and foremost, so the team’s got to be good for him.

“We can’t let him go just yet, it’s got to be on our terms and no-one else’s. There are about three clubs in for Lolos, so we will analyse that over the next few days, as there is no deadline in the Conference.“

Overall, the club have had a successful January transfer window, and the gaffer was quick to praise all of those involved.

“It’s having a good secretary, a good [Chief Executive], a good owner and a good board of directors,” he said.

“Some clubs will probably be thinking ‘you need to get rid of him before you can get him’ and ‘you need to sell him’ and we weren’t.

“The board have backed me one million percent and I’m always grateful for that.

“We haven’t gone massively over-spending, we’ve done what we had to do, so I think it was a good pre-season in terms of recruitment and now it’s been a good January.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Well two in really, one was already ours and Grant was already here. Bakinson and Hardie Tbf look to be decent players shame we still haven't sorted out the defence.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:18 pm

Lowe has shown a lot of faith in the three centre-backs, and tbf, before Tuesday nights defensive horror show they had all improved a hell of a lot as the season’s gone on.

But then they go and look about as fragile as a butterfly’s wings against Crawley.

One things certain, there’d shorely have to be a dismantling of that partnership if we went up because better teams would punish their mistakes way more severely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lowe has shown a lot of faith in the three centre-backs, and tbf, before Tuesday nights defensive horror show they had all improved a hell of a lot as the season’s gone on.

But then they go and look about as fragile as a butterfly’s wings against Crawley.

One things certain, there’d shorely have to be a dismantling of that partnership if we went up because better teams would punish their mistakes way more severely.

We've already seen those are utter shit in league one so if we do go up i dont expect to see both here i come August for that fact alone.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:13 pm

What's positive about Josh Grant only willing to extend his loan rather than signing for Argyle?

Four players have left (now 5) and we have only borrowed 3 players as temporary replacements.

I can see the old "players don't want to move here" moan from the Manager next summer if we don't go up-at some point he's got to run out of "mates" to sign.

If Lowe isn't willing to set up a permanent home in the Plymouth area, he'll have a job convincing anyone else it's a good move.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
What's positive about Josh Grant only willing to extend his loan rather than signing for Argyle?

Four players have left (now 5) and we have only borrowed 3 players as temporary replacements.

I can see the old "players don't want to move here" moan from the Manager next summer if we don't go up-at some point he's got to run out of "mates" to sign.

If Lowe isn't willing to set up a permanent home in the Plymouth area, he'll have a job convincing anyone else it's a good move.

We won (again) today.

Not that you would have noticed, you miserable cnut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Can't argue with that, Grovey.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Grovey you are getting somewhst fixated about where RL lives, he could
Live on Mars for all I feckin care as long as Argo keep winning, lighten up man.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:30 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I view Lowe as a temporary manager and he probably sees him self as that also, hence not wanting to move here.  Whether or not we're promoted (I really don't think we will be) he will probably be gone in the summer anyway.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:35 pm

If RL get's back to back promotions with two different clubs he will be hot property and the monied clubs will be circling around. Even so I think he may want to see his project through.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Freathy wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

I view Lowe as a temporary manager and he probably sees him self as that also, hence not wanting to move here.  Whether or not we're promoted (I really don't think we will be) he will probably be gone in the summer anyway.

LOL. Unless you're Sir Alex Ferguson then isn't every manager 'temporary'?

I don't particularly like Lowe (the person) but if he gets us out of this fuckin graveyard league then I couldn't really give a feck how he does it, where he lives, or what nonsense soundbites he serves up in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:43 pm

akagreengull wrote:
If RL get's back to back promotions with two different clubs he will be hot property and the monied clubs will be circling around. Even so I think he may want to see his project through.

If he wants to feck off after getting us promoted then he'd be very welcome to. Just get us out of this shit league.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Say it as it is Czarcy. laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:45 pm

And I agree, really don't give a flying one about anything Argo as long as we get out the shit basement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm

Grovehill wrote:

obsession is not healthy. all i will say about where ryan lives not that it matters as its pathetic your argument. his kid is a ballboy for every home game including midweek so he must be in plymouth majority of his week as his children wouldn't be travelling down that frequently to do that. i myself almost ran into him in town literally as i walked to the cashpoint as he ran towards it.

Ryan isnt here for the long ride that is obvious when he took the job on managerial positions are getting shorter and shorter with each year.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:51 pm

I'd be less concerned about RL being a "temporary" manager if he hadn't bought a bunch of staff and players with him. If he gets a job closer to "home" should we expect they all follow him out the door, leaving us with half a squad and just Kevin Nancekivell to steer the ship.

Just imagine the shit state the club would be in now if he'd left a week or two ago and "enticed"  "his" staff and 3 or 4 players to follow him.

Sturrock did one when he got a better offer, but at least he didn't take any players or coaches with him.

Perhaps the Pulis situation was worse, where the club was left with a couple of coaches who clearly didn't want to be here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 10:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I'd be less concerned about RL being a "temporary" manager if he hadn't bought a bunch of staff and players with him. If he gets a job closer to "home" should we expect they all follow him out the door, leaving us with half a squad and just Kevin Nancekivell to steer the ship.

Just imagine the shit state the club would be in now if he'd left a week or two ago and "enticed"  "his" staff and 3 or 4 players to follow him.

Sturrock did one when he got a better offer, but at least he didn't take any players or coaches with him.

Perhaps the Pulis situation was worse, where the club was left with a couple of coaches who clearly didn't want to be here!

not followed football for long have you? that happens at every single club big and small and that will never change. We did it to bring lowe here and took most of his staff and 5 of his players. Its very naive of anyone to think that its not normal for a manager to bring in his gang and they leave with him but its even more naive to think they would just up and go straight away because they won't cause their contracts are still valid no matter what till a new guy comes in and wants his boys in then they tend to get a termination or the lowe new club pays for them.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 12:45 am

Grovehill wrote:

Well he doesn't seem to have had much problem convincing his assistant (Shumacher), who has moved his family down here and by his own admission is loving it.

Do you really think that would happen if he didn't think his boss (and friend) was also in it for at least the foreseeable future?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 9:44 am

Josh Grant's loan deal has a potential permanent deal clause in it- I guess it'll depend on which division we play in next season as to whether he stays.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:05 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Josh Grant's loan deal has a potential permanent deal clause in it- I guess it'll depend on which division we play in next season as to whether he stays.

He was offered a Contract by Argyle and turned it down! Doesn't that tell you something?

RL was spouting off about the contract offer, but afaik, has said sweet FA as to why the guy turned it down. Instead he starts going on about the budget which: a) he knew when he came here, and b) no one else was talking about! Which makes me believe his "daft scouser" persona is fake and he's being cute by planting the early seeds of why he will be off at the end of the season-I expect stories to "leak out" soon that the club refused to back him in the transfer window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:13 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

Exactly but that logic isnt convenient to little janner mentality of grovehill unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:13 am

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

not followed football for long have you? that happens at every single club big and small and that will never change. We did it to bring lowe here and took most of his staff and 5 of his players. Its very naive of anyone to think that its not normal for a manager to bring in his gang and they leave with him but its even more naive to think they would just up and go straight away  because they won't cause their contracts are still valid no matter what till a new guy comes in and wants his boys in then they tend to get a termination or the lowe new club pays for them.

On the contrary, I've been following football and Argyle for half a Century, which means I can see when history starts repeating itself. RL says the all right things, but I think it's an act as what he does is different.

I can recall Brian Hall telling everyone "There is no For Sale Sign outside my house" a matter of weeks before he left!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 am

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Exactly but that logic isnt convenient to little janner mentality of grovehill unfortunately.

Not exactly "keen" to join is he if it depends on where we are/what offers he gets in the summer.

On the other hand, it's quite amusing to see posters tie themselves in knots trying to justify the unjustifiable or things that they, in their heart of hearts, don't really believe themselves. "Don't mind if the Manager leaves if we get promotion" Yeah, right, every supporter's dream, that, promotion and manager fecks off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 10:28 am

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Not exactly "keen" to join is he if it depends on where we are/what offers he gets in the summer.

On the other hand, it's quite amusing to see posters tie themselves in knots trying to justify the unjustifiable or things that they, in their heart of hearts, don't really believe themselves.  "Don't mind if the Manager leaves if we get promotion"  Yeah, right, every supporter's dream, that, promotion and manager fecks off.  

if he wasnt he wouldnt have come back would he?  most of us know managers come and go same with players the days of a manager/player staying for 5,10,15 years at any club are over now time to accept that reality.

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

not followed football for long have you? that happens at every single club big and small and that will never change. We did it to bring lowe here and took most of his staff and 5 of his players. Its very naive of anyone to think that its not normal for a manager to bring in his gang and they leave with him but its even more naive to think they would just up and go straight away  because they won't cause their contracts are still valid no matter what till a new guy comes in and wants his boys in then they tend to get a termination or the lowe new club pays for them.

On the contrary, I've been following football and Argyle for half a Century, which means I can see when history starts repeating itself. RL says the all right things, but I think it's an act as what he does is different.

I can recall Brian Hall telling everyone "There is no For Sale Sign outside my house" a matter of weeks before he left!

yeah your not telling anyone anything new here they dont already know cause we all know as ive said already players and managers come and go plus younger fans will be wise for falling for pr campaigns of managers and players with holloway. The only part of a club that stays longterm are the fans. As long as Lowe does a good job here he can say and live were he likes same for players.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:49 am

Groovy has a right to his own opinion and any longstanding Argyle fan should be able to relate to his position. Also it will only take about six months and one side or the other will be right or wrong.
I personally think Lowe will be here until we start moving up league 1 (next season hopefully) when he will be poached by a bigger club probably part way through a season. The only way this can be averted is if Hallett can get Lowe to believe he will be realistically funded to get to the CCC by the start of 2023 season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowe - Positive Window   Lowe - Positive Window Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowe - Positive Window
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next