Greenskin
Mapperley, darling
125+1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Looking more positive at last Empty
PostSubject: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

I can finally say after 2 years of dross, things despite our position seem to be looking more rosey.

1. We have a proper manager who despite the obvious priority of the first team seems to already looking at other aspects like reserve football and the youth.

2. Brent is actually taking responsibility and backing the new manager, not dramatically but it seems enough.

3. Some of the shite told they can leave.

If we stay up, for the first time in 3 years the club will have a proper manager, a proper pre-season, a budget better than most in this league, and alot of shite players leaving the club and hopefully a far better squad for the 2013/14 season.

now lets hope to god we can stay up.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm

only two years of dross Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Must confess that the spirit of hope and positivity is starting to rub off on even a cynical and pessimistic old barsteward like myself.So refreshing to see a proper manager at work,reminds me a bit of when managers like Waiters,Smith and Sturrock first took over.Early days of course but Shezza shows every sign of being ruthless enough to give the squad the turnover it so desperately needed and i think we will stay up,maybe even more comfortably than by the cheese on our foreskins.Actually looking forward to matches now,haven't done so for ages,long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Must confess that the spirit of hope and positivity is starting to rub off on even a cynical and pessimistic old barsteward like myself.So refreshing to see a proper manager at work,reminds me a bit of when managers like Waiters,Smith and Sturrock first took over.Early days of course but Shezza shows every sign of being ruthless enough to give the squad the turnover it so desperately needed and i think we will stay up,maybe even more comfortably than by the cheese on our foreskins.Actually looking forward to matches now,haven't done so for ages,long may it continue.

I have similar feelings. Since Ollie, all the managerial appointments have been wrong and have partly led to where we are now (although admin didn't help).

Sheridan says the right things, has realised where our issues are and seems brutally honest. Fletcher- whether its ignorance or arrogance - (I believe it to be the former) just wasn't able to do this- he always had the same tired excuses and interviewed poorly (apart from his final interview). I still see someone of pasoti posting that Fletcher would have made this decision in time- I doubt that- Sheridan would not have given a new contract to chadwick at the start of this season either.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Of course it's looking more positive, but let's see what happens tomorrow shall we?

Why, why, why oh why did it take Brent so long to get in the experienced manager we all called for from the end of last season! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Sorry to harp on like a broken record but Chadwick was signed until 2013 initially, not extended in the Summer.

That aside, I broadly agree with Greenskin's post and with most of Chemical Ali's too.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Yep Sam i got mixed up- it was Feeney who was re-signed over the summer.

Although I do think Sheridan likes Feeno though (unless he sees him as the best of a bad bunch).
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Of course it's looking more positive, but let's see what happens tomorrow shall we?

Why, why, why oh why did it take Brent so long to get in the experienced manager we all called for from the end of last season! Evil or Very Mad

Answers on a postcard please and sent to James Brent immediately....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:34 pm

I agree with all of the above.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Argyle ODDS ON to win!!!!!

Hardly worth a bet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Perhaps it's because he is being a manager and not a friend
Will be interesting to see what happens in the summer (of course hoping that we are in this league)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:

I feel for you dear boy and all your suffering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking more positive at last   Looking more positive at last Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking more positive at last
Page 1 of 1