Bob Crow
Earwegoagain
seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:06 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I hired a van to collect a model railway layout from Cornwall but Boris put the block on that with the lockdown, so had to cancel for the day after, i enquired from a courier to pick it up thinking it couldn’t happen but it did, courier picks it up the same week and delivers it to me no problem.
Now the courier didn’t do anything different that I couldn’t have done, made no sense at all.

Except the courier has been trained as to how to do the job wih minimum risk to himself and the sender and receiver.

In your view perhaps, the reality was he had no protective equipment whatsoever, was assisted by the seller to load a railway layout and would have contravened the 2 metre rule, he arrived at my place and I assisted him to unload it, once again no PPE (except I was the one with gloves on !) and we both contravened the 2 metre rule, so as I mentioned before I could have done that myself.

Yes. And as long as people like this courier (and thousands more like him) contravene the rules, and people like yourself add to the problem by giving him passage to do so, the more the virus spreads.

100% and quite frankly with the knowledge gained since the early days of lockdown, if the situation rose again I wouldn’t do it.
In the early days of lockdown I went to Sainsbury’s early morning shop, shed loads of people, I don’t go now, I go to the convenience stores on Mutley Plain where there’s hardly anybody in those shops.
So it’s a sharp learning curve for us all.

Side note, I’ve had deliveries of stuff by couriers since and from what I’ve seen the precautions taken are dump the parcel at the door front, I didn’t see any gloves worn, one exception is the Post lady whose always wearing gloves.

where does it say on GOV.UK that we are all supposed to wear gloves ? Stay at home, 2 metres, wash hands bla bla, but gloves?

Seen loads of people with gloves who then touch their items loading it into the boot, car keys, jump in their car and away hands on steering wheel with the same gloves on.

surgical gloves do squat in anycase as everytime you touch an item whilst wearing them you have to change them as they are useless and germs seep through.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:39 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I hired a van to collect a model railway layout from Cornwall but Boris put the block on that with the lockdown, so had to cancel for the day after, i enquired from a courier to pick it up thinking it couldn’t happen but it did, courier picks it up the same week and delivers it to me no problem.
Now the courier didn’t do anything different that I couldn’t have done, made no sense at all.

Except the courier has been trained as to how to do the job wih minimum risk to himself and the sender and receiver.

LOl...   You telling me the average courier has been "trained" on how to pick up a "model railway layout"?  It's hardly something you do every day.  You think that a courier could do a better job than Graiser, who obviously handles them all the time as a hobby?

I think Ears means the new 'rules of non-engagement' that any type of delivery person now has to adhere to.

What's that?  Like two minutes of 'training'?  Can't you do it from home?

I don't make the rules cupcake. flower
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

In your view perhaps, the reality was he had no protective equipment whatsoever, was assisted by the seller to load a railway layout and would have contravened the 2 metre rule, he arrived at my place and I assisted him to unload it, once again no PPE (except I was the one with gloves on !) and we both contravened the 2 metre rule, so as I mentioned before I could have done that myself.

Yes. And as long as people like this courier (and thousands more like him) contravene the rules, and people like yourself add to the problem by giving him passage to do so, the more the virus spreads.

100% and quite frankly with the knowledge gained since the early days of lockdown, if the situation rose again I wouldn’t do it.
In the early days of lockdown I went to Sainsbury’s early morning shop, shed loads of people, I don’t go now, I go to the convenience stores on Mutley Plain where there’s hardly anybody in those shops.
So it’s a sharp learning curve for us all.

Side note, I’ve had deliveries of stuff by couriers since and from what I’ve seen the precautions taken are dump the parcel at the door front, I didn’t see any gloves worn, one exception is the Post lady whose always wearing gloves.

where does it say on GOV.UK that we are all supposed to wear gloves ? Stay at home, 2 metres, wash hands bla bla, but gloves?

Seen loads of people with gloves who then touch their items loading it into the boot, car keys, jump in their car and away hands on steering wheel with the same gloves on.

Depending on what website you look at I suppose, GOV doesn’t, others do and I’m no expert or even close to being one, my post lady is wearing them whether that’s her choice or PO guidance I don’t know.
All very fine quoting the GOV website, it’s only a few weeks ago it was preaching herd mentality, now exact opposite, so who to believe or it’s a personal choice, tis a conundrum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 4:28 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

You’ve reached rock bottom with that.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 pm

He reached that a while back.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You’ve reached rock bottom with that.

lol lifted from elsewhere but even you know that.

Whats your problem Mouldy by the way ?? Because I wont take shit from one of your heroes Rickler perhaps

In the meantime the Boris lovers (because there are still a few here) should read this article paying particular attention to the date let alone the content. They'll near as dammit hang the twat when this is over and rightly so.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 5:51 am

Times apparently confirming 3 further weeks of lockdown in one hit. Very surprised because now you're going to see people rebelling in bigger numbers.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 6:18 am

Well well well. One of the most exciting players ever to play for Argyle and now one of our top football agents says what many believe.....Not added to an existing thread but started a new one of his own on FB

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 7:09 am

Is there a shortage of tinfoil?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 7:19 am

Three more weeks in lock-down seems more preferable than three weeks in a Covid-19 ward dying.

But of course maybe 11,000 haven't really died in this country... and we're being conned with the rest of the world by China for world dominance.....will Dr Who or even Sherlock Holmes come galloping over the hill soon to save us at the beckoning of Boris to save us......or is it all been done by Jeremy Corbyn as a leaving present because no one likes him.

Johnny English where are you when your country needs you.....we'll be digging Churchill up next... is there know one out there to save us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 7:33 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Just gone back to his FB page comments are roughly 50/50 overall naturally I've added mine
It is open to general view. If you havent worked out who it is PM if you want but there weren't too many players more exciting to watch at Home Park and in 50 years I havent seen one. Even old Nooly would go along with that
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 9:59 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Harve’s bought the lot, innit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:11 am

My 85 year old man is in Derriford after collapsing at home the night before last. For anybody thinking of pushing the boundaries just stop and think about the people you may contact that could finish the fella off. Not only does he need care from doctors and nurses but paramedics and ambulance drivers, people need to feed him and clean up after him.
He's in hospital on his own, no visitors, my elderly mum is alone at home the whole family is making sacrifices and it's not easy. I just hope everybody follows the rules.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Well well well. One of the most exciting players ever to play for Argyle and now one of our top football agents says what many believe.....Not added to an existing thread but started a new one of his own on FB

So now ex football players are experts on coronavirus. Lol. You do realise that all these conspiracy theories are coming from remainers who have realised they can't get Boris banged up for implementing Brexit so are now trying to get he same result via coronavirus?
As I've said many times I believe his response was piss poor and two weeks too late but the reality is that he will be made a Lord after winning the next election with a massive landslide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:20 am

zyph wrote:
Three more weeks in lock-down seems more preferable than three weeks in a Covid-19 ward dying.

But of course maybe 11,000 haven't really died in this country... and we're being conned with the rest of the world by China for world dominance.....will Dr Who or even Sherlock Holmes come galloping over the hill soon to save us at the beckoning of Boris to save us......or is it all been done by Jeremy Corbyn as a leaving present because no one likes him.

Johnny English where are you when your country needs you.....we'll be digging Churchill up next... is there know one out there to save us.

agree with you fully here. if i got my dates right the new 3 weeks would end on or near VE Day which is a bank holiday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:50 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

“Top football agents” say what many believe ! Who are these many ?

Crap.

So there’s been a cover up by the hospital, all the doctors and nurses that attended him and also by every newspaper including the mirror and guardian, all the TV channels and media outlets and not all influenced by the fact that football agents have been royally shafted by the lockdown and what’s the relevance that he once played for Argyle - sod all.
Are you sure you didn’t pickup some dodgy medication from your recent journey to Boots on Mutley Plain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 11:51 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
My 85 year old man is in Derriford after collapsing at home the night before last. For anybody thinking of pushing the boundaries just stop and think about the people you may contact that could finish the fella off. Not only does he need care from doctors and nurses but paramedics and ambulance drivers, people need to feed him and clean up after him.
He's in hospital on his own, no visitors, my elderly mum is alone at home the whole family is making sacrifices and it's not easy. I just hope everybody follows the rules.

Best wishes to your Dad ears, hope all goes well.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Just resign Johnson today and disappear for good...you couldn't make this shit up

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:07 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Just resign Johnson today and disappear for good...you couldn't make this shit up

You certainly could
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:14 pm

It does seem at times that "rules" are for other people.

1.....Driving to the Lake Distict is unbelievable.....the police should have confiscated there car once they had returned home to Greater London.

2.....Driving to the West Country for a bit of fishing is unbelievable as well....confiscate their car as well.

3.....People actually arguing with the authorities when told to go home....lock them up and fine them as well.

Lets hope none of them end up in a Covid-19 ward and the NHS staff fined out about there selfishness.... ok they'll be treated like everyone else....but they don't deserve to be do they ?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:16 pm

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Ears. Love to you and your parents
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he recovers soon.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Hope you’re Dad recovers soon Ears.

What’s with the endless Boris bashing Harve. It’s getting boring as fucck, especially when you use fake graphs from spurious remainer sources.
He’s only been in the job 4 months & for three years prior to that it was you’re herione Theresa May / Maybe not.
If it wasn’t Boris we’d have Jezza... just let that sinkin for a moment.
We are where we are. It’s no time for political point scoring
All these supplies of PPE / nurses / doctors / toilet rolls etc. can’t suddenly appear by magic.
The “just in time” mentality is driven by consumers, bean counters & stock market spivs like your good self & has been an accepted part of everyday life for years, it just doesn’t work in times like this.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:36 pm

Good luck to your dad ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next