seadog
VillageGreen
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 11:13 am

They had a virologist on radio 4 the other day and he said most of the people who died from this flu would have died this winter anyway.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 5:37 pm

I read today that the doctor that alerted fellow medics about the coronavirus has died of the illness himself.

Li Wengliang was working at the Wuhan Central Hospital when the virus first emerged there and the Chinese police visited him and told him to cease broadcasting his findings.

Another person has developed the illness here in the UK after having travelled to Asia,I am surprised it is not more. Another story I had a look at was that of a 30 hour baby in Wuhan who has been diagnosed with the virus
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 12:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:07 pm

seadog wrote:

Now that's something to be concerned about - 'IF' true.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I read today that the doctor that alerted fellow medics about the coronavirus has died of the illness himself.

Li Wengliang was working at the Wuhan Central Hospital when the virus first emerged there and the Chinese police visited him and told him to cease broadcasting his findings.

Another person has developed the illness here in the UK after having travelled to Asia,I am surprised it is not more. Another story I had a look at was that of a 30 hour baby in Wuhan who has been diagnosed with the virus

I reckon he was offed by the authorities he is nowhere near the very young, very old or already sick group that are meant to be in danger from it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:47 pm

P.O.I wrote:
seadog wrote:

Here's the figures,

Tencent briefly lists 154,023 infections and 24,589 deaths from Wuhan coronavirus.

And way above the merest fractions of people who are meant to have died from it. My youngest boy has said from the start that they know it's way worse than they are saying hence the apparent over reaction to it. If true that's about fifteen percent mortality rate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
seadog wrote:

Here's the figures,

Tencent briefly lists 154,023 infections and 24,589 deaths from Wuhan coronavirus.

And way above the merest fractions of people who are meant to have died from it. My youngest boy has said from the start that they know it's way worse than they are saying hence the apparent over reaction to it. If true that's about fifteen percent mortality rate!

Maybe that 'hospital' they knocked up in 10 days was actually a morgue? Shocked
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:08 pm

More British individuals go down with the illness

This one has really caught the medical profession out, they are stumped. The Aussies have recreated the virus , so that should pave the way forward to an eventual cure ?.

The boffins can only speculate about this new virus at present, which is not really much help tbh.

If it were to fully show itself here over the coming weeks and months - and that is a feasible suggestion - , then that would be an absolute mare. It would move like wild fire on these densely populated shores. GP Surgeries and Hospitals would be overflowing with the sick - and possibly dying.

I read somewhere that medical officials are stating it will be months - and potentially longer ? - before any credible breakthrough is made. By that time the virus will truly be a global crisis.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Bat soup etc etc etc, has it's down sides.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Gee, talk about drastic measures
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Bat soup etc etc etc, has it's down sides.

I have heard two possibles as to what the animal source is, a bat or a snake ?.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
seadog wrote:

Here's the figures,

Maybe that 'hospital' they knocked up in 10 days was actually a morgue? Shocked

It will be.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 6:09 pm

You have to get it in perspective, way more people would have died on the roads since this started. Those figures from Taiwan were quite obviously another lie.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am

I saw on the news last night that a Brighton GP Surgery employee has gone down with it now. The press are having a field day with the so called Brighton super-spreader.

The message from the NHS to concerned folk in the area was to ring the NHS number for advice.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 11:30 am

I had a message yesterday from someone saying "It's finally happened (upside down smiley face) first Coronavirus case confirmed at Derriford hospital!" When you google it the only return you get is a Devonlive story saying that claims of Cornavirus at Derriford are false (dated 28th Jan). Mind you it was sent by someone who's been convinced we would have run out of food and medicine by now in the wake of Brexit. We have rakes of people who aren't happy unless they've had an hysterical episode by breakfast time, why people go to FB for "news" is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 2:42 pm

The bbc are having a field day with coronavirus whipping up hysteria now Brexit is done (sort of)!

Yes, coronavirus has the potential to become very serious but lets get a bit of perspective here. When you look at the figures of 1000+ deaths and 40000+ infections in a country of 1 billion + it isn't a pandemic. Any deaths is regrettable. In the UK we have 8 infections in a country of 60 million +.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 pm

The news from China is not that good, given that the World Health Organisation had said yesterday that the virus in China had stabilised etc-etc.

LINK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

If it carries on at his rate they will have about one half of one percent infection rate in about three years. It's a load of hysterical nonsense in my view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If it carries on at his rate they will have about one half of one percent infection rate in about three years. It's a load of hysterical nonsense in my view.

Totally with you on that, its like the Bird Flu and Swine Fever hysteria a while back. The people most at risk are the elderly and very young. Just like Flu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 6:59 pm

So is it safe to start drinking Corona again?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Totally with you on that, its like the Bird Flu and Swine Fever hysteria a while back. The people most at risk are the elderly and very young. Just like Flu.

Was it something like 30,000 died last year in the USA of (normal) flu?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Someone I know just told me his boss had booked a holiday in Thailand but he's been told by the Thais that he is fine to go but hell have to go into quarantine when he returns. Seems a bit wierd to me as why would the the Thais care if he bought it back here? You'd think it would be down to British immigration anyway he's saying the airline won't refund him as he is able to go but he can't take the extra time off for quarantine.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Seems to be stabilising in China now, on the other hand, the cruise ship in Japan is rife with the virus. A British couple have been infected so I read earlier

Looks like the Chinese measures to curb - control the outbreak is working.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Japan getting slated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds   Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chinese Virus May Have Infected Hundreds
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next