Earwegoagain
VillageGreen
akagreengull
Jethro
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 am

I've been wrong so many times in the past but the whole setup at HP from the top table to the pitch is looking proper rosey - was amazed at the Mayor coup and hoping for more. Even the stand is taking shape, something I was not happy about in the planning - wow, there you go Si is looking the real deal. Gulp, there goes the humble pie!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 8:21 am

Said it when Lowe was announced that feeling of dread , Normally get start of every season hasn't seemed to have kicked in yet,
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 am

Jethro wrote:
Said it when Lowe was announced that feeling of dread , Normally get start of every season hasn't seemed to have kicked in yet,

Need at least 4 more signings Jethro yet but am sure Lowe knows it. Its the defence thats worrying if we're going with 3 or 4 of last years hapless crew (or forced to)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am

Feeling quite confident about the coming season. I don't think we will get promoted because there is a lot Lowe needs to do with the squad and we will won't be relegated as geezer is hoping.

I would say top 10 finish.

Will be looking to get to HP for a game or 2 this season now the blood sucker has gone.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 9:41 am

The club now feels like it has a much more professional air about it, on and off the field, something that's been desperately lacking for the last 7/8 years. My interest has certainly perked-up again since SH and then RL appeared, and even more so since DA was given the elbow and the 30% shyster fecked off. Who'd have thunk that 18 months ago?

As the goat say's above, I don't think promotion is a shoe-in like many on Free Chat are salivating about - but it certainly won't be anything to worry about re relegation like those East Deb'n scummy piss-boilers are hoping for.

RL has a job to do, and I'm confident he'll do it, although I reckon it'll take 2 season or more to get there.

I'm quietly confident that good times are around the corner. Let's hope the (over)excited fan-base don't capitulate the moment we lose a couple on the bounce.

I may even get to a dozen or so matches this season! Didn't think I'd be saying that not so long ago!

Right, where's me pills!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 9:47 am

Bandwagon wrote:
I've been wrong so many times in the past but the whole setup at HP from the top table to the pitch is looking proper rosey - was amazed at the Mayor coup and hoping for more. Even the stand is taking shape, something I was not happy about in the planning - wow, there you go Si is looking the real deal. Gulp, there goes the humble pie!!

It is so refreshing to see what is going on at HP since Hallett took complete control. The new broom is sweeping away the rubbish that was left behind.

A decent-ish manager brought in, players signing contracts with more to come.

I am looking forward to the trip down to Truro City next week, should be interesting. First kick about for the Lowe era.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 am

It feels like a complete new era and I'm actually looking forward to the season for the first in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 10:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Need at least 4 more signings Jethro yet but am sure Lowe knows it. Its the defence thats worrying if we're going with 3 or 4 of last years hapless crew (or forced to)

Yeah we need a few more signings, but with Brent gone, Hallett putting money in to make up for 7 years of Brent,Lowe,Mayor etc,

Actually feels like we are going somewhere after 7 years of bullshit.

Actually looking forward to the new season and going to HP for a few games,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 10:44 am

Nicky Maynard has joined Mansfield
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 10:59 am

We need a decent striker. With Maynard gone elsewhere maybe he'll wait for a loan.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 12:41 pm

There's an incoming........
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Will Aimson Joins us from Bury
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 12:53 pm

DEFENDER Will Aimson has followed Argyle manager Ryan Lowe to Home Park to become a Pilgrim.

Centre-back Will, who turned 25 earlier this month, made 43 appearances under Ryan at Bury last season as the Shakers won promotion to Sky Bet League One.

His arrival follows hot on the heels of that of Joe Edwards and Danny Mayor as the players return to the Theatre of Greens for pre-season training.

Hampshire-born Will previously played for Blackpool and Tranmere Rovers, the latter on loan from Hull City, who had picked him up as a teenager from non-league Eastleigh.

The signing is subject to completion of the normal EFL formalities.

Welcome to Home Park, Will.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Bleddy 'ell whats going on?

More signings and not league 2 dross no-one else wants
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm

I hope Lowe is thinking long term, academy players, recruitment and if possible sustainability. An air of optimism has descended on the theatre of schemes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Looks like RL is going for a mixture of yoof, i,e academy players who have risen through the ranks and been given an opportunity to shine in the first team, and more mature, experienced battlers to show em the ropes.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:27 pm

seadog wrote:
I hope Lowe is thinking long term, academy players, recruitment and if possible sustainability. An air of optimism has descended on the theatre of schemes.

His comments about Cooper getting a real chance to stake a claim were so refreshing.

My natural reaction is to quickly check my wallet’s still in my pocket the second I hear a Scouse accent. But at the minute our Ryan is confidently passing my interview.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Write up on Aimson, from a Bury fan below (this was just before the financial problems were announced)-

4. WILL AIMSON

Total Games / Total Minutes: 43 / 3,940

Goals Scored: 4

Goals Assisted: 3

Most Common Position / Role & All Roles: Right-sided centre back in a three / Middle centre back in a three

Assessment: From the get-go, he was instructed to stay wider than most conventional centre backs do in a three-man backline, covering in behind Adams’ many bursts forward up the right flank. This was both a blessing and a curse for the former Blackpool stopper; it gave his teammates the reassurance to push onward, but made his distribution suffer somewhat, restricted in some ways to clipping passes down the channel for the strikers to run onto. Aerial prowess was on show in both boxes, scoring four times from set pieces, none more emphatically than the third equaliser at home to Lincoln City, gaining some small measure of ‘revenge’ for his harsh red card in the reverse fixture.

In the run-in, he took injections in his groin to get through the hectic schedule, which resulted in several early withdrawals from games and time on the sidelines. An unheralded member of the squad relatively speaking, his contributions didn’t go unnoticed by the more discerning observers.

What Next: His appearance makes you think he’s much older than just 25, but, with a year on his contract to run, he’s one of the best assets likely to remain at Gigg Lane into 2019/2020. Can only improve with time, and might be a more central figure in the defence to boot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(there's also reports on the rest of last season's Bury squad)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Things seem to be on the up.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 4:21 pm

still think we need another 3 or 4 players in specially a half decent keeper good to see his gunna give cooper a chance but either way we still need to get a keeper in as coopers the only keeper on the books..need to find a decent keeper ..One position we were let badly down in last season take that as a warning this season a half decent keeper needed urgent
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 5:16 pm

We have offered 50k to Bury for Dom Telford
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm

let's hope there's no 'Bury clique' within the club.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Dom Telford, looks good on the burymeinexile site, and only 22.

18. DOM TELFORD

Total Games / Total Minutes: 48 / 2,444

Goals Scored: 14

Goals Assisted: 5

Most Common Position / Role & All Roles: Right-sided striker in a two / Attacking midfielder in a four

Assessment: Finishing top scorer in the EFL Trophy was a double-edged sword for the striker, who gleaned half of his haul from the unpopular competition, as was the regular rotation in league games he was prone to being a victim of. Lowe showed more tactical nous in having him usually on the right side of the two, despite very much being a left-footed player. This gave Adams free rein to get forward unhindered, as well as frequently giving Telford’s marker pause for thought as he had the pace to dribble into central areas from a starting position well before the 18 yard line.

Described as a ‘fox in the box’ by his manager upon signing, he showed there was more than one bow on his strong with his diligence outside of it, possessing a low centre of gravity to compensate for his lack of height. This was seen before Maynard arrived, and the pair formed a good understanding, knowing in which context to stay close to one another and when to split to create openings.

What Next: 14 goals is an impressive number for any forward, especially for a player whose ratio was better than one in two. Could be the main man in attack next season if not subject to strong interest from elsewhere in the EFL. A major success story of 2018/2019 without question.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Plymouth Argyle will take a closer look at AFC Bournemouth goalkeeper Jordan Holmes as manager Ryan Lowe continues to bolster his Pilgrims squad.

The 22-year-old Australian will spend the next few weeks at Home Park after being 'highly recommended' to Lowe, who is seeking a second goalkeeper to provide competition for youngster Michael Cooper.

"We have got a goalkeeper in now, Jordan Holmes from Bournemouth," Lowe said. "He's an Australian lad and will be with us for a couple of weeks.

"He has been highly recommended, so we will have a look at him for a couple of weeks, but that will be the only one (trialist) for now.

"We may have one on Thursday, but I don't want to confirm that one after what happened with Ben Barclay!"

Barclay was named as an incoming trialist by Argyle last week and looked all set to join the club on Monday, but opted against it after being offered a permanent deal with a League One club.

As for Holmes, he is yet to make the breakthrough at Bournemouth, but has experience having been on loan at Weymouth, Eastbourne Borough and St Mirren.

He has also represented his country at Under 19 and Under 20 level and is currently part of the U23 Australian Olyroos, the Aussie 'soccer' team that will take part in the forthcoming Olympic Games.

If he does sign, then that would give Argyle two inexperienced goalkeepers fighting for a first team shirt. But Lowe insists experience does not bother him and as long as a player is good enough, then he is old enough.

"It doesn't matter to me, I just want a goalkeeper that does the right things and plays the right way," he said.

"First and foremost, he has to keep the ball out the net! And he must also be able to play with the ball at his feet. That is what we are looking for, but again, we have Michael Cooper who is a fantastic asset and a fantastic goalkeeper

"We are not here to say: 'oh, we need this, we need that or we need experience' - it doesn't matter. As long as they are the right fit, the right person, the right personality, can play and keep the ball out the net, it doesn't matter how old he is."

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe has not ruled out any interest in Bury striker Dom Telford.

The 22-year-old striker was signed by Lowe 12 months ago from Stoke City and made 48 appearances in all competitions, scoring 14 goals, as the Shakers won promotion from League Two.

Argyle had been linked with a move for another Bury striker, 32-year-old Nicky Maynard, who announced his departure from Gigg Lane yesterday, and signed for Mansfield Town today.

But at 22, Telford is perhaps a better option with plenty of years ahead of him as Lowe and Argyle build a squad capable of getting out of League Two at the first attempt.

"I don't want to talk too much about other club's players, but what i will say is that we have got a couple of bids in for a couple of players," Lowe told Plymouth Live.

"I won't name any players because they are obviously contracted to other clubs, but Dom is a fantastic player and we know what Dom is about, but we have got other offers out for players also.

"It's just a waiting game on a couple of positions now, but as I've said, we are not here to splash all kinds of cash because people think we have sold Freddie (Ladapo) for a lot of money. That's not my money, it's the club's money.

"If I needed it, I am sure they'd help me and back me with it, but I don't. What clubs have to understand is that we are not going to be paying top dollar for League Two players.

"If there are players out there who are demanding too much money, or clubs that are demanding too much money, then we will move on. There's plenty of targets out there."

It is understood that a nominal fee - believed to be around £50,000 - has been offered to Bury for the services of Telford, who started his career at Blackpool.

He left Bloomfield Road, along with team-mate Mark Waddington, in July 2015 having made 15 appearances for the Tangerines, who were then a Championship club.

However, Telford failed to make an appearance with the Potters and was shipped out on loan to Bristol Rovers, where he made 19 League One appearances, although only one was from the start.

Telford scored three times during his time with the Pirates and was released by Stoke at the end of the 2017/18 season. That was when Lowe signed him for Bury and he played a key part in helping the Shakers win promotion with six goals to his name.

However, it was in the much-maligned Checkatrade Trophy where Telford really shone, scoring seven goals in seven appearances as the Shakers reached the semi-finals, where they were beaten by eventual winners Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next