sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Adams budget league table - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Yet look at blackpool playing to an empty stadium against arsenal,
Thats how to feck an owner over,
but we have dim witted janners for fans who loved to give bent their money.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:41 pm

Yes a great display of resistance today by the Blackpool fans as part of their "not a penny more" campaign against the awful Oystons, only about 3,000 today at Bloomfield road - what a great example. cheers

Don't suppose many of the Brent worshippers would take much notice. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I asked about the "Budget League" at a Fans Forum a while back.

The answer went something like this:

"All clubs have to submit projected income and expenditure budgets to the FL so that their compliance with Salary Cap Management Protocol can be assessed. At the end of each season the figures are circulated between the clubs in the division for further scrutiny.

So while we never know what clubs are spending this season we do know what they spent in the last and we know what we will spend. So while it is all guesswork we do have an idea as to where we will fit in and while we will never be near Blackburn (in our division at the time) we do know we are comfortably mid-table."

So the truth is: nobody knows for sure at any given time.

It is probably fair that Blackburn has been replaced by Sunderland as the Big Spenders this season. Accrington and Wycombe will both know what each spent last season and in both cases it isn't likely to be much in the great sheme of things. And so on. But essentially it is all guesswork.

And in many respects it is an irrelevance anyway. What I would like to know is how near the SCMP limit we are and, if we are not near it, then where does the rest of the money go?

Nor do I buy into this being difficult in any way.

This club, like every other, will know what it had to spend on other costs (rent, rates. mortgage, water, electric, gas, maintenance, police, non-playing staff etc) last season and those costs will be broadly similar in the next season once a little is allowed for inflation.

Income is more volatile but the money coming in from sponsorship, shirt sales, the FL and so on will always be broadly predictable so where there is an unexpected boost (a lucrative cup run or a transfer fee etc) then subtract that. Then set the budget at 75% of what remains to allow for a slight drop just in case and then re-assess halfway through the year to see where that 80% has left any leeway for later investment.

Argyle is one of many clubs that seem to think that the complexities involved are mysterious and unfathomable but they aren't. Not when it comes down to it.

But what baffles me more than anything about all of this is why/how that "Budget League Table" has never been leaked by any club in any division anywhere so that we can see the real figures instead of having to rely on something akin to Kremlinology to get anywhere near the truth.

Thats not what Derek Adams said at a recent fans forum in . When quizzed about the budget he said it would be larger than last seasons but much of that would be taken up by improved terms offered, obviously this year he opted for quantity over quality having by hos own admission "run out of players" at the end of last season. In terms of where we are in the division, he said due to bigger spenders coming into the division, whilst our budget would be improved we would be at the same level overall, but wouldn't know for certain until October when the figures were released.

Andy Holt is worth a follow on twitter for his forthrightness and honesty about the business. If he's saying his budget is joint lowest its not guesswork, its because it is.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 9:32 am

thats the thing Adams might have been given a decent budget,
unlikely I know,
but its not hallet or brents fault hes spunked it on shite
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:34 am

Here's an analogy for you Jeffers, I want you to refurnish my house for, here's a hundred quid, don't buy any shite though, I want it all pukka.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's an analogy for you Jeffers, I want you to refurnish my house for, here's a hundred quid, don't buy any shite though, I want it all pukka.

laugh laugh

can a wannabe at least run a dodgy auction to help top that fund up for me..

any other club would at least offer £500 to do that with,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams budget league table   Adams budget league table - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams budget league table
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2