harvetheslayer
Dingle
akagreengull
lawnmowerman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And the fat controller and chief gagger breaks his silence,

"Had a very good and positive Grandstand meeting today, everything is more or less bang on time.

'New' poster eh?

Haha, here we go. Yet another one."

Is JL making it all up they can't both be right.

lol!

What a useful coincidence that there just happened to be a meeting of the Grandstand working group a matter of hours after JL’s devastating and wholly factual post on Freechat. What are the odds?

If they had such positive news it's amazing theyre not crowing about it to the doubters.
Damn and blast you and your NDA's James Brent!

If the news was so great, think of Porky tonight. He'd love to blab and share such joyous news with all his faithful crew on the site that keeps on giving.

But because of that NDA he's got to sit there and keep quiet. :pighug:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:10 pm

P.O.I wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Hallett must be getting very frustrated that his investment has so far seen nothing concrete being started.  Not even a contractor being appointed and confirmed is surely going to delay the start.
or perhaps his just happy taking his bunce/his interest from the loan (it has been in place a yr) who’s knows with the invisible man silent si the American investment company guy ????

Are we paying interest on it yet though? I can't believe we've been paying interest on Halletts loan for 12 months with out feck all happening? That would be astonishing!
I don’t have a few mill down the back of the settee but if I did and lent someone some of it I’d still want my interest if they were using it or just sitting on it I know that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:47 pm

It's the hybrid that's delaying things with the conditions. Whod have thunk it?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:41 am

Lifted from Freechat and credit to a member whose name I have seen here previously on ATD

" I wonder if anybody in the group (Nool and his gagged mates on GWG) asked why none of the pre - commencement conditions or pre - construction conditions have been signed off by Plymouth City Council yet. Or asked when Akkeron were likely to comply with all these conditions. I wonder whether any of them asked whether a contract with a contractor had been signed yet? Or indeed who the contractors are? "

So if you're on Pasoti and have the dubious pleasure of being able to post ask those simple questions and put your tin helmet on
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:02 am

Perhaps Nool would like to explain why yesterday totally unsolicited I received a message from an individual very much at the TOP table at Home Park openly stating he was going into hiding over the utter mess at Home Park after the John Lloyd thread on freechat exposed Brent for the incompetant clown we all know he is

Nool would have a feckin meltdown if one day he found out who has been singing like a canary these last few years

As always messages remain on the account name nestling until required  popcorn
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:03 am

Thought He didn't read it....
There are a lot of rumours going around on social media with regards to the development Ian, so are you saying they’re a load of c**p??
pig Everything I see from that Free Chat is terrible mate.
I know people that have very deep agendas against the Chairman have been ramping up in recent days and all I can say of EVERYTHING I have read that I have been shown, has turned out to be untrue.

There were about ten of us there today, and all of us came out happy that things are moving along nicely. 9 i(ncluding the spare seat he has to buy himself.....)

I've an Argyle Manchester Utd fan for 52 years.(Edited for accuracy)

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:05 am

Perhaps that Agenda against the Chairman includes the PCC Planning Portal
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:30 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Perhaps that Agenda against the Chairman includes the PCC Planning Portal

Can't tell PCC to find a chairman they like and support their team can they,
Actually, they will try to .

So the 2 players on 2 year deals set of shiny keys has been brought out to distract the sheep,
From the lack of progress.

New kit and Wotton as Assistant manager 9th of may and they already running low on distractions,

popcorn3
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:41 am

Evening propaganda
Its a Bodge job

James Brent is confident that work on stage one of the redevelopment and expansion of the grandstand at Home Park will be completed, as scheduled, by the start of the 2019/20 season.

The Plymouth Argyle chairman admitted there was a tight timetable for the work to be carried out.

Unlike as originally planned, there will be a new roof for the grandstand, which will add an extra £1 million to the cost, which was initially projected to be £5m.

A main contract for all of the work is due to be signed by the middle of June with the contractors, GL Events UK.

It will be for a fixed price and include financial penalties for failing to hit the target date.

Brent said: “It is a tight timetable but there are some positives to the way that we are doing it.

“If we had totally knocked everything down and dug out all of the concrete we would be at the risk of adverse ground conditions.

“So we might have found a stray German bomb from the war.

“Part of the benefit of not ripping out the foundations, and taking it right back to base but not below that, is that some of those risks are eradicated.

“The contract we are entering into is a fixed-price one. There will be penalties in there for failing to hit the date.

“And we have got a very good project director, who is part of my group, who is overseeing it.

“We signed a contract for the enabling works but the main contract is due to be signed in the middle of June.

“It’s a standard agreement but the schedule is very complex.

“For every single room there is what is called a room data sheet, which identifies where every plug socket goes, the quality of the carpet and so on.

“What you try to do is to make sure that you don’t miss anything.

“There is a lot of diligent work and each of those room data sheets are being signed off by the head of operations (Jon Back) and the head of each department in Argyle.

“It has taken time to get it so everyone is being really encouraged to make sure it is accurate.”

Argyle season ticket holders are having to relocate to other areas of Home Park for the 2018/19 campaign because of the work on the grandstand.

Brent said: “There is quite a lot of ripping out I think that will happen during the close season.

“I don’t think we will see the new roof, or anything like that, during that period.

“We did initially try to come up with an arrangement that would have enabled us to keep supporters in the grandstand by effectively building the lower deck and moving everyone down, and then building the upper deck and moving everyone back up again.

“You could have done it but it would have expanded the timetable to actually complete it by about 50 per cent again.

“So my apologies to all the supporters in the grandstand that we are going to have to have a temporary relocation.

“We have done that as best we are able, and clearly when they come back we will give them some preference on seats.

“They will be much more comfortable seats and hopefully with improved sight-lines.

“It’s a short-term pain for longer-term gain, I think. The directors will be providing the buffer between the home and away fans (in the Barn Park End).”

Brent explained that from a technical standpoint the work on the new roof would not be complicated.

He said: “If we had tried to cantilever the roof, it would have created a very complex engineering solution so we are still using pillars to hold the roof up.

“The initial advice we had from the engineers was that we could repair the roof.

“But when we looked at it in further detail and they did their tests on the steel, we could still have repaired it but it would have been very expensive and it probably would have had a 15-year life.

“Whereas, if we spend a bit more money than the more expensive repair job that we would have had to have done it will last for a very long time.

“The additional cost from where we thought it was going to be, to where it is, is just shy of a million pounds.

“So it’s not that complex but it is quite expensive. It’s a big roof though – it goes another four metres out, I think.”

Preparatory work in advance of the main rebuild of the grandstand has been going on for some time.

Brent said: “There are workers on site and they are ripping out the inside of the buildings.

“There is asbestos in some so you obviously need to be very careful in how you dispose of that.

“Before knocking down buildings you have to re-route services, and that’s fibre optics and copper telephone wires, and so on and so forth.

“All of that work has been happening very quietly and buildings will be knocked down over the next few days.”

While the groundworks are being completed, the construction of modular buildings which will form some of the new facilities is already under way at a factory.

Brent said: “As we speak we have the new club shop and ticket office and a toilet block being built off site and those will be dropped in.

“It was a 12-week order time and we ordered about a month ago so those are going to arrive fairly shortly.

“Clearly, what we are trying to do over the close season is do a lot of the very mucky work to prepare for the build.”

The club shop and ticket office will be situated behind the iconic art deco turnstile entrances to Home Park.

Argyle have requested that GL Events UK use local companies as sub-contractors wherever possible.

Brent said: “They have their supply chain, for example the steel and concrete guys are people they put a huge amount of work through to get very tight rates.

“We have asked them to work wherever possible with local sub contractors in Plymouth and the surrounding areas.”

No questions just a very long press release.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:47 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Lifted from Freechat and credit to a member whose name I have seen here previously on ATD

" I wonder if anybody in the group (Nool and his gagged mates on GWG) asked why none of the pre - commencement conditions or pre - construction conditions have been signed off by Plymouth City Council yet. Or asked when Akkeron were likely to comply with all these conditions.

Above their pay grade, I guess flower .
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There we are everyone Lord Akkeron of Argo will be coming up with the goods after all - shame on all you doubters.
Although errr it looks like we will all have to wait a bit longer for a new roof.
Hail hail Green Jim cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:49 am

So in short no contract has been signed as everyone knew and wont be until at least the middle of June.....Possibly.... Still gives the incompetant fool some time to start discharging the planning obligations

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:54 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
So in short no contract has been signed as everyone knew and wont be until at least the middle of June.....Possibly.... Still gives the incompetant fool some time to start discharging the planning obligations

Waiting to see what bucket rattling activities will be started to raise that million ....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 8:59 am

"Everything I see from that Free Chat is terrible mate.

I know people that have very deep agendas against the Chairman have been ramping up in recent days and all I can say of EVERYTHING I have read that I have been shown, has turned out to be untrue."

Even for the great man himself this is complete and utter bollocks. So JL said yesterday that because the planning conditions had not been submitted/signed off then there would be a delay of about 3 to 6 weeks minimum. That would make the start date end of May towards the end of June. Brent then holds an emergency secret meeting of his best chosen fans all sworn to secrecy (is it any wonder we have divisions in the fanbase?) and announces that the contractor will be appointed by the middle of June which is six weeks away! How in the name of all that is holy does that make what JL said untrue?
Unbelievable Jeff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:04 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

The main contractor are GL events, GL events are not building contractors they provide high quality temporary structures. They don't carry out refurbishments of existing structures, its not what they do, this article is little more than an attempt to kick the can down the road.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:16 am

The three line whip of Cuntishgreen, HC Green and Nool himself trying to spin the UN spinable on JBSOTI LMFAO,

The Grumpy Loyal wrote:
With the amount of time since planning was granted, to not even have a main contractor signed up at this stage is a massive error. Simple as that.

HC Green wrote,
Remind me what your experience is in the construction industry? Unless it's extensive , you're not qualified to comment on whether that's usual or not.

Brent's chief bitch wrote,
Even if he has, his dislike of JB would taint any comments made.

Another one trick pony.

So unless you have "extensive experience in construction" you aren't allowed to comment, well I have the required experience to comment and what JL said was true, why the need to lie? Next few days will be interesting as Nool has his arse handed to him on a plate.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:17 am

Building a new stand and developing the ground is quite easy, if you know what you're doing and a club is not led by a incompetent buffoon. jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:27 am

This was from Brents Herald back in December

"If ground is not broken on the work to develop Plymouth Argyle’s Grandstand and build an ice arena by the end of March 2018, James Brent will be very disappointed"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So at the very least we are 3 months behind schedule.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:42 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The main contractor are GL events, GL events are not building contractors they provide high quality temporary structures. They don't carry out refurbishments of existing structures, its not what they do, this article is little more than an attempt to kick the can down the road.

I'm not so sure that is correct. They also offer "stadium construction" which looks like the refurb to me. They are in the main temporary or modular building suppliers and their main thing is stadium seating. I'd imagine the refurb will be a strip out and then modular prawn sandwich eating and wine quaffing facilities (with filter coffee for 50p a cup free refills obvs) wedged into the building. It's a design that does make sense to me although the project is obviously running a couple of months behind.
On their website they push their project management skills. With Brent appointing Jon Back as PM this in my mind is a massive mistake. He has no experience in this field at all and he'd be a nightmare to liase with as a professional builder. GL will have to put up with it but it gives an indication of why this project is behind before it has started.

The other thing that is crying out to be mentioned is that our chairman who was hailed as the saviour of PAFC bringing to the table the much publicised "morality, honesty and transparency so lacking in the last regime" (THAT IS WHAT YOU SAID WASN'T IT THROBBER?) has been a lot worse than the old regime in all departments. Other than Brent's inner cabal of toadies and wannabes the fanbase is clearly seen as an unruly horde of oiks. Mushrooms in fact, keep them in the dark and feed them on shit mushrooms. Having special fans attending secret meetings about the future of the club, then making those special fans sign NDA's is bound to cause division and discontent. Also why the need for secrecy? Is like he's hiding something. There is absolutely no reason why this whole saga couldn't have been played out in public including the delay in appointing a contractor. They could have announced a month ago that the work would be starting for the GTs Brenty Bunce Bar and clearing the site. GL events will be appointed as main contractor and we expect contracts to be signed in mid June and work to commence on the Grandstand in early July. The delay is regrettable but was unavoidable due to circumstances beyond our control.
Why is it that this bunch of clowns cause this much fallout over something that is literally as simple as I have outlined above? If alarm bells aren't ringing by now in the general fanbase they should be, something at HP stinks and it's not just De Lars shoes.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
The three line whip of Cuntishgreen, HC Green and Nool himself trying to spin the UN spinable on JBSOTI LMFAO,

The Grumpy Loyal wrote:
With the amount of time since planning was granted, to not even have a main contractor signed up at this stage is a massive error. Simple as that.

HC Green wrote,
Remind me what your experience is in the construction industry? Unless it's extensive , you're not qualified to comment on whether that's usual or not.

Another one trick pony.

So unless you have "extensive experience in construction" you aren't allowed to comment, well I have the required experience to comment and what JL said was true, why the need to lie? Next few days will be interesting as Nool has his arse handed to him on a plate.

I played with Lego growing up.... So I have an extensive knowledge of Construction.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:54 am

And one final point before I go and get on with my day,
The conditions apply to the HHP plan and not the refurb, things like the Arbo report (trees taken away and plan to replace them ect) it is the hybrid planning app that is the cause of the delay as it was pointed out at the time. If we had two standalone projects the refurb could be started now.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 10:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I'm not so sure that is correct. They also offer "stadium construction" which looks like the refurb to me. They are in the main temporary or modular building suppliers and their main thing is stadium seating. I'd imagine the refurb will be a strip out and then modular prawn sandwich eating and wine quaffing facilities (with filter coffee for 50p a cup free refills obvs) wedged into the building. It's a design that does make sense to me although the project is obviously running a couple of months behind.
On their website they push their project management skills. With Brent appointing Jon Back as PM this in my mind is a massive mistake. He has no experience in this field at all and he'd be a nightmare to liase with as a professional builder. GL will have to put up with it but it gives an indication of why this project is behind before it has started.

The other thing that is crying out to be mentioned is that our chairman who was hailed as the saviour of PAFC bringing to the table the much publicised "morality, honesty and transparency so lacking in the last regime"  (THAT IS WHAT YOU SAID WASN'T IT THROBBER?) has been a lot worse than the old regime in all departments. Other than Brent's inner cabal of toadies and wannabes the fanbase is clearly seen as an unruly horde of oiks. Mushrooms in fact, keep them in the dark and feed them on shit mushrooms. Having special fans attending secret meetings about the future of the club, then making those special fans sign NDA's is bound to cause division and discontent. Also why the need for secrecy? Is like he's hiding something. There is absolutely no reason why this whole saga couldn't have been played out in public including the delay in appointing a contractor. They could have announced a month ago that the work would be starting for the GTs Brenty Bunce Bar and clearing the site. GL events will be appointed as main contractor and we expect contracts to be signed in mid June and work to commence on the Grandstand in early July. The delay is regrettable but was unavoidable due to circumstances beyond our control.
Why is it that this bunch of clowns cause this much fallout over something that is literally as simple as I have outlined above? If alarm bells aren't ringing by now in the general fanbase they should be, something at HP stinks and it's not just De Lars shoes.

Nice post.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:26 am

All coming together nicely as expected popcorn
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

The Grumpy Loyal wrote:

HC Green wrote,

Another one trick pony.

Because the project manager for the GT pub thing has plenty of experience lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:52 pm

GL gives Nool his first serving,

IJN wrote:
Best let them get on with the moaning mate, it's what they do.

Meanwhile there are those of us who trust people. Nothing wrong with that.

GL said,
Plenty trusted Stapleton and some even trusted Todd.

That all ended well didn’t it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next