Yea Man
seadog
John1cup
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Supporters Bar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm just encouraging gratuitous violence as an entertainment medium, we could have a live ATD stream of the 'big fight'?.

Is members only (not withstanding away fan day tickets or some such device) a means to obtain an alcohol licence? otherwise a free to all, rock up and roll in type establishment, whilst I'm sure wanted by the casual fan is far too 'pub in the park' for me and maybe even PCC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Don’t understand all the angst about a alcohol license in CP, they’ve obviously got one now and I’m assuming HP has a separate one, so what’s new ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 8:33 pm

being open every day is new.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Wasn’t aware they were planning to do that, doesn’t HP already have a weekday liquor licence as they do hire out the hospitality unit ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 am

PatDunne wrote:
I'm just encouraging gratuitous violence as an entertainment medium, we could have a live ATD stream of the 'big fight'?.

Is members only (not withstanding away fan day tickets or some such device) a means to obtain an alcohol licence? otherwise a free to all, rock up and roll in type establishment, whilst I'm sure wanted by the casual fan is far too 'pub in the park' for me and maybe even PCC.

You could be right, The Embassy and Raffles are theoretically members clubs, although I've never been asked to produce a card, so yes it may be easier to gain a license. Although part of me wonders whether this is selectivism; making sure that the wrong sort don't use it. Of course it could be another opportunity for the harvesting of personal data.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

You could be right, The Embassy and Raffles are theoretically members clubs, although I've never been asked to produce a card, so yes it may be easier to gain a license. Although part of me wonders whether this is selectivism; making sure that the wrong sort don't use it. Of course it could be another opportunity for the harvesting of personal data.

I think every avenue will funnel towards encouraging a Fanfest-type clientele. Fans that will clap happily regardless of the fact they are stood in an outrageously priced industrial metallic shell, listening to Rick and Dave serenading then with the Janner Song. No

It’s just a very very odd arrangement.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am

Very odd indeed. I go to a couple of fansfests a year - complete groundhog day experience. Bit like going to Weston Super Mare on holiday for 52 years because you enjoyed it on your honeymoon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 1:41 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Could someone explain to me how this shite cost 1 million bug uns?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gopping if GT's pay a £1m for that then they need sectioning.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:42 pm

Not being funny but if thats worth a million someones bang at it somewhere down the line surely
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Maybe it will have a fantastic luxury interior. laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 4:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Maybe it will have a fantastic luxury interior. laugh
laugh it could have 22 carat solid gold bog seats and it still wouldnt be worth a mill greengull laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 6:05 pm

PatDunne wrote:

As far as I am aware, the original Far Post, not the taverner thing, was open on other days apart from match day. It wasn't my scene, so I didn't use it, but there has been a precedence and it would be churlish and puritan to refuse a MEMBERS ONLY licence that already existed historically.
But, not only is it a park, I suspect it is part of the Peverell dry area that stretches from Hyde Park to Pennycomequick to Milehouse, so a 24/7 type pub open to all is an absolute no no. And of course, that is part of the issue with the new "restaurants" Brent wants in his plans, and is a real bone of contention across many cities as "restaurants" with a restaurant licence morph into bozzing parlours. The new flats and shops/eateries under the old Hussels site in Ebrington Street is a good example.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

so, should I punt my savings into the scheme for the 5% return?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Absolutely not. It's a prelude and wheeze for something else in the future. The drawing is a disgrace and the "building" looks like some modular nonsense that with little effort can be craned off somewhere else when the squire wants the land back. Get orf my land !!

It's a plus point the "taverners" are changing from a limited private company to a cooperative model, but having myself been involved in the odd "cooperative structure" that sits underneath Limited company law, the result can still be not that co-operative if you're not careful. The voting model is good, but there are issues with one or two people dominating. As it happens, this new co-op model was brought into being in the 80s with a lot of help from a Plymouthian that helped draft much of the legislation, and he was a well meaning guy. At the time it was difficult for various ethical organisations to get funding under Thatcher's dream without becoming a limited company. If that's what they're doing, it's quite a different animal than most peoples understanding of co-op, but of course better than the model employed for the ownership of PAFC.
I think it outrageous that Brent is only offering a 5 year lease. It's either a comitment to a fans' clubhouse or it's not.

Last edited by beesrus on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 pm

PatDunne wrote:
so, should I punt my savings into the scheme for the 5% return?

Worth considering against current interest rates, when the prospectus is issued will be the decision time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Wonder why this attracts 5% and Hallet is only getting 3% ? The risk is no higher. Does make yer think LOL
I smell a rat. Waduyu think Graiser ? Is Hallet just a good old guy, another philanthropist like his buddy Jim, and the fans construed as just money grabbers ? Geddon. Put your money to this fine outstanding piece of architecture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
Wonder why this attracts 5% and Hallet is only getting 3% ? The risk is no higher. Does make yer think LOL
I smell a rat. Waduyu think Graiser ? Is Hallet just a good old guy, and the fans money grabbers ? Geddon. Put your money to this fine building.

I wouldn’t class any fan who took advantage of a decent return on their investment as being money grabbers, merely taking advantage of what’s on offer, as for Hallett I couldnt give a monkeys other than 3% of 4.1 million is a nice return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I smell a rat. Waduyu think Graiser ? Is Hallet just a good old guy, and the fans money grabbers ? Geddon. Put your money to this fine building.

I wouldn’t class any fan who took advantage of a decent return on their investment as being money grabbers, merely taking advantage of what’s on offer, as for Hallett I couldnt give a monkeys other than 3% of 4.1 million is a nice return.

So, as a potential investor, no thoughts on why this attracts 5% and the Hallett loan attracts 3% ?
Cheers. Thanks for yer input.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:54 pm

I might put in, I then expect a Herald feature where I say how 'I am putting something back'
Should the scheme fail, since the club are underwriting it, the majority shareholders Mr and Mrs Brent would be PAYING ME
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm

No, they wouldn't. The football budget would be paying you. The shareholders get a new building asset, albeit not the most attractive.
I'm thinking back here now. How much were the club offering to pay back the AFT for their £250K input or whatever it was ? Was it zero ? Just asking. Weird.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 pm

£400K with no voting rights was Brents 'offer'
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Seriously a million quid what for ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:33 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

So, as a potential investor, no thoughts on why this attracts 5% and the Hallett loan attracts 3% ?
Cheers. Thanks for yer input.

Couldn’t give a stuff, for chrissakes if it was the other way round you’d be in meltdown.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 6:38 pm

My friend Jimmy, claims he's a Nigerian Prince, always on the lookout for potential investors is the Prince. king king sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Now pensions have been "deregulated", it's open season. Plenty of schemes out there, Philyerboots. Quack quack.
Nikkkk took a flyer and invested, didn't do him any harm, getting involved. Look at him now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Bar   Supporters Bar - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Bar
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next