Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 10:15 am

I was at Home Park yesterday watching an U10/11 tourno. Other than a couple of night games this season I havent had the chance to check it out in its full glory - its a paint peeling, rust forming ramshackle mess. £5 million (less professional fees) wont even make (another) dent in the place.

I got to say, I was shocked how shit it was Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 08, 2017 10:20 am

1m will go in fees easily.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 12:00 pm

It seems like the going rate for tarting up a couple of football pitches is £500,000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 1:13 pm

vincent_vega wrote:
I was at Home Park yesterday watching an U10/11 tourno.  Other than a couple of night games this season I havent had the chance to check it out in its full glory - its a paint peeling, rust forming ramshackle mess.  £5 million (less professional fees) wont even make (another) dent in the place.

I got to say, I was shocked how shit it was Crying or Very sad

It's a shithole - the eternally grateful love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:

That was the case at Oldway Manor before a ball was bowled and a brick laid. No wonder it ended up in court. It's the modern business ruse and an open goal for Brent's companies holed up at PL2. Must be rather crowded in there. How to get large sums of money from A to B ? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brent's idea of "mates rates"or "in house" is a polar opposite to the norm, and some.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyTue May 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
Thats how the reluctant one normally earns his readies in grants/subsides & fees
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Looks like Inscapes are doing the Harpers Park pitch renovations. Surprised they were willing to come back given we shafted them over the main pitch a few years back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 6:45 pm

All these sort of big companies factor in bad debts into their pricing. A little mini digger nearly ran us over yesterday as it pootled out of Barn Park and headed into Harpers Park. Any real community pro football club would die for a setting such as Home Park enjoys.
On an aside, I do wonder why sooooo much money is being put into junior football pitches in Central Park. I remember money going into the Staddiscombe pitch farm many years ago, before several local pitches were terminated. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Told to us at FOCP on Tuesday by Patrick Nicholson and PCC Officers it is the norm of around 15% for fee etc for any major development
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:06 pm

beesrus wrote:
All these sort of big companies factor in bad debts into their pricing. A little mini digger nearly ran us over yesterday as it pootled out of Barn Park and headed into Harpers Park. Any real community pro football club would die for a setting such as Home Park enjoys.
On an aside, I do wonder why sooooo much money is being put into junior football pitches in Central Park. I remember money going into the Staddiscombe pitch farm many years ago, before several local pitches were terminated. We shall see.

We were told the big growth in teams needing football pitches are for junior's ones, Central Park will be the hub for the junior teams and Staddiscombe for senoirs. This was pointed out to us by PCC Officers and Patrick Nicholson.

We did have a visitor from Devon FA who put over good points concerning different groups, which is being taken away and will be looked at. One grant he said we could have from the FA £100,000 for a 4g floodlit pitch.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Told to us at FOCP on Tuesday by Patrick Nicholson and PCC Officers it is the norm of around 15% for fee etc for any major development

Depends on the complexity and delicacies of planning and environmental involved.

HHP incurred £1.5M to get through planning with drawings which were wholly inadequate to build from.

The Bretonside project is racking up costs as SWW have insisted that the rain captured on building isn't going to sewer, but needs biggest soakaway ever or pie to Sutton Harbour.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

Up at HP this morning, Chisholm area will be first to be completed because the changing rooms will be moving there.
Talk to the guys who are renovating the pitch, should be resurface and reseeded by Thursday.

Went down to Harper Park, Top pitch finished, drainage and water irrigation system working, pitch is full grass and looking good. A water tank to be installed for the irrigation.
Bottom pitch grass just coming through, drainage in, there will be a pull sprinkler system.

The Devon hedges around Harper Park F**k up by Argyle and are now being clear of cr*p

A lot of hear say about stop start down at Harper Park because of the lack of funds. money all in place now and more hear say on Argyle youth set up taking over the Park Department Depot.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Can I ask where your first sentence above has come from.....?? Detailed planning has been approved ??
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Can I ask where your first sentence above has come from.....??  Detailed planning has been approved  ??

Just hear say from a person who is working up there, Make sense that the changing rooms are finished before the old ones are close. So he said first phase is to build the new changing rooms in the Chisholm corner where the players will come out on to the pitch,follow by phase 2, the refurbishment of grandstand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:18 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Can I ask where your first sentence above has come from.....??  Detailed planning has been approved  ??

There isn't even an application on the council website let alone a decision?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm sure the staff have been told as much as the monthly SWAG fans, and I think we all know an order of works would have been established already, as it is a going concern that needs to function. Some things will just require building regs, others, planning. No big deal what existing room is used for what.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I could have worded it better I agree. I was querying TGWU as to how he knew about the changing rooms etc and had some planning consent been granted that no one knew about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

I could have worded it better I agree. I was querying TGWU as to how he knew about the changing rooms etc and had some planning consent been granted that no one knew about

Sorry I should have replied to TGWU. There has been absolutely no mention of any of this in the construction media either.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sorry I should have replied to TGWU. There has been absolutely no mention of any of this in the construction media either.

There was however an extensive article in scrapyard weekly.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 6:13 pm

The person was surprised that I have not seen the plans. so some sort of the plans must be floating around. They do not mean they are the final plans, they might be for the consultation only.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon May 15, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

There was however an extensive article in scrapyard weekly.
Also a mention in poncho's r us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 6:52 am

Holy cow!
TGWU, over to you to post the latest Herald article from yesterday, titled 'Grandstand working group hailed a success by James Brent'.
I'm no good at posting links, but I've just read the article after it was put of Freechat a few minutes ago.

A couple of quotes...

The Pilgrims' chairman has also defended the decision not to reveal the identities of those supporters who were selected to be part of the Green Army Grandstand Working Group after putting their names forward.

"We have got a professional team who are providing all the technical ability, but this is to get a group of smart supporters to tell us what the fans want.
"What we didn't want to do was to have them being distracted.
"I don't do social media, which is probably a good thing, but elements of social media can be quite nasty and it can be quite personal.

"We wanted that group of supporters to focus on helping us get the offer right for the club, and not to be picked on and have people being unpleasant to them on social media.

"I'm an absolute believer in candour and transparency. I'm passionate that is the right thing to do.
"But I don't think that means you disclose everything to everyone.
"I think you have got to look at what's in the interests of the football club, and say 'By disclosing those individuals' names are they going to perform better or worse in terms of the advice they give'?
"I don't think it would be in the club's interests, or their personal interests, to disclose their names."

popcorn3 popcorn3
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 7:11 am

The thought of those concerned deciding for themselves whether they want their names known or to be able to discuss the project is obviously not up for discussion...
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:05 am

BBC1 wrote:
Holy cow!
TGWU, over to you to post the latest Herald article from yesterday, titled 'Grandstand working group hailed a success by James Brent'.
I'm no good at posting links, but I've just read the article after it was put of Freechat a few minutes ago.

A couple of quotes...

The Pilgrims' chairman has also defended the decision not to reveal the identities of those supporters who were selected to be part of the Green Army Grandstand Working Group after putting their names forward.

"We have got a professional team who are providing all the technical ability, but this is to get a group of smart supporters to tell us what the fans want.
"What we didn't want to do was to have them being distracted.
"I don't do social media, which is probably a good thing, but elements of social media can be quite nasty and it can be quite personal.

"We wanted that group of supporters to focus on helping us get the offer right for the club, and not to be picked on and have people being unpleasant to them on social media.

"I'm an absolute believer in candour and transparency. I'm passionate that is the right thing to do.
"But I don't think that means you disclose everything to everyone.
"I think you have got to look at what's in the interests of the football club, and say 'By disclosing those individuals' names are they going to perform better or worse in terms of the advice they give'?
"I don't think it would be in the club's interests, or their personal interests, to disclose their names."

popcorn3 popcorn3
I think we all know the arselickers in the group that will do anythink to rush jimmys manky makeover through for him as quietly as possible no wonder jimmy dont want to mention names  :pighug:
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:09 am

Had to laugh at the "transparency" quote Brent is a total prick of the highest order
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next