Charlie Wood
Rickler
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:33 am

To be honest, with the amount of creepy types loitering around the back of the grandstand these days I'm not surprised they're looking for an escape. Me, I'd rather watch the game from Bobby's Garden...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
To be honest, with the amount of creepy types loitering around the back of the grandstand these days I'm not surprised they're looking for an escape. Me, I'd rather watch the game from Bobby's Garden...

"creepy types at the back of the grandstand " . With on small post you manage to diss a swathe of Argyle supporters . Lovely .
Enjoy your day Mock - heres hoping for 3 points .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:37 am

I'm sure Mock will lose sleep over that! lol!

Can't beat a good old fashioned anti climax lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

GOB wrote:

You don't have to be opposed to everything do you ? Or is that ATDs raison d'etre ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 am

greengenes wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

"creepy types at the back of the grandstand " . With on small post you manage to diss a swathe of Argyle supporters . Lovely .
I hope they don't hurt me!

alien

As for the 3pts...I'd take 1!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:46 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

I hope they don't hurt me!

alien

As for the 3pts...I'd take 1!

You going today ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 am

Fair enough GG, I'm certainly a grumpy old git, one of the reasons for me migrating here from pasoti was the increasingly inane amount of threads started by the young element that had been done to death time and time again. I'm not daft enough to not recognise they are the future of the club but their internet (and match day) desires aren't mine so going to the pub then the game as I've always done is my bag. I also enjoy the critical edge to this website, some of it may be over the top but that's a necessary function of having somewhere/group/thing to ask the awkward question and having contributors like yourself to give the contrary view makes it an even better experience. Our history has surely taught us that ANY owner of this club, and by extension their cheerleaders, needs an unwavering eye kept on them.

We'll catch a pint one day
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am

In the very recent past, can you imagine this new Board mingling with the only real creators of atmosphere in blocks 15-17? lol!

Nope. Me neither.

I think it's cruel in a way. Put them there and watch them squirm in a 'fish out of water' style.

How many of them would choose to sit there?

The only good thing to come of it will be that they'll realise how shit the atmosphere is, first hand.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am

No, I'm a 24 hour flight away and will try to stay awake all game whilst following it online, but it does get awfully warm over here even at night so I can't promise anything! Not that it matters, I went to 4 games before I left; I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing an improvement on those four nightmare excursions (P4 W0 D0 L4 F0 A 11) when I return in April/May time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 am

Czarcasm wrote:
In the very recent past, can you imagine this new Board mingling with the only real creators of atmosphere in blocks 15-17? lol!

Nope. Me neither.

I think it's cruel in a way. Put them there and watch them squirm in a 'fish out of water' style.

The only good thing to come of it will be that they'll realise how shit the atmosphere is, first hand.

Brents been in there a few times actually and at away games as well in with the fans . Or do you prefer The never at Home Park Tokyo Pinocchio director styleee ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Nope. Me neither.

The atmosphere in The Devonport End WILL BE GREAT today .
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 am

greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Nope. Me neither.

Brents been in there a few times actually and at away games as well in with the fans . Or do you prefer The never at Home Park Tokyo Pinocchio director styleee ?

Yes I know - would he choose to sit there (a la Nic Warren) without Chris Webb to hold his hand, every week?

I think we both know the answer to that.

That goes for all of them. When they choose to sit there without the fanfare, then fair play.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:00 am

greengenes wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Nope. Me neither.

The atmosphere in The Devonport End WILL BE GREAT today .

Why? Are they employing professional atmosphere creators or summat?

The atmosphere against Torquay and Burton was a total embarrassment.

But it'll be different today eh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:01 am

greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

You don't have to be opposed to everything do you ? Or is that ATDs raison d'etre ?

If the choice is Aviva P-Bay or ATD I think it's obvious what side of the fence I'll be sitting on lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 am

GOB wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:

If the choice is Aviva P-Bay or ATD I think it's obvious what side of the fence I'll be sitting on lol!

Thats not what I asked actually . I'm being myself as per the advice in your tag line by the way .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 am

greengenes wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm sure they will GG, but what exactly is the point of this stage managed exercise? Don't you find this procession of stunts and staged leaking of non news a distraction to the simple task of going to watch your team play and cheer or moan as necessary.

Are you going to manage a quick one in the CT at 1pm before the fanfest? It would be very nice to buy you a pint.

Ok Charlie this is how I see it Argyle as a club is woefully low on support from the younger generations . Walk around Plymouth to see all the Premiership shirts etc. So lets come up with an idea to get kids involved and talking and enjoying the match experience . Hey lets form a group and call it Forze Verde lets give em a big flag lets make them feel special . Lets make them feel special so they say to their mates "Come along to Argyle its great fun " . To make them feel more wanted lets get The Board of Directors to mix with them on occasion . Lets encourage them to sing and create an atmosphere . Me and mine moved into Block 4 last game and the Forze Verde thing started to take off and the atmosphere was great . the kids were loving it . An older guy at the back had the courage to stand up and sign 2 songs over and over again ( some of us thought it was odd at the time ) . Eventually people started to join in . You'll hear those 2 songs today for sure .

I've said it before and I'll say it again . This Club will take years to build back upo again . It'll be slow and it'll be hardwork . Some ideas will fail and some will work but lets not knock the efforts of those who try .

This whole thing is for the younger ones . Grumpy old gits like me and maybe you might not be able to see it right away but by god I hope it works .
lest not knock every new effort .

Rob

Just to be clear: I haven't got any problem with attempts to improve the atmosphere at Home Park, and nor have I got any problem with trying to attract more young support - although I'd argue, if this really is about helping young people find a direction, then it would be better to let them organise it themselves (as some tried not that long ago) and to take a look at whether ticket prices are preventing youngsters going to matches. Oh - and I still find some of the iconography very disturbing.

What I have got a problem with is the failure to take into account the views of season ticket holders in the areas affected before imposing this on us. And no, I don't see why I should have to move from a seat I've held for nearly ten years.

Must go and do my hair ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 am

I think we're all into any attempts whatsover to increase the fun at Home Park. But that flies against closing Blck 17 for a few quid, and I do have concern with the organised nature of it and the Cameron Youth type thing. I see bristol City have now got a Forza thing.
They need a decent job, not a flag to wave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 am

Peggy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm sure they will GG, but what exactly is the point of this stage managed exercise? Don't you find this procession of stunts and staged leaking of non news a distraction to the simple task of going to watch your team play and cheer or moan as necessary.

Are you going to manage a quick one in the CT at 1pm before the fanfest? It would be very nice to buy you a pint.

Ok Charlie this is how I see it Argyle as a club is woefully low on support from the younger generations . Walk around Plymouth to see all the Premiership shirts etc. So lets come up with an idea to get kids involved and talking and enjoying the match experience . Hey lets form a group and call it Forze Verde lets give em a big flag lets make them feel special . Lets make them feel special so they say to their mates "Come along to Argyle its great fun " . To make them feel more wanted lets get The Board of Directors to mix with them on occasion . Lets encourage them to sing and create an atmosphere . Me and mine moved into Block 4 last game and the Forze Verde thing started to take off and the atmosphere was great . the kids were loving it . An older guy at the back had the courage to stand up and sign 2 songs over and over again ( some of us thought it was odd at the time ) . Eventually people started to join in . You'll hear those 2 songs today for sure .

I've said it before and I'll say it again . This Club will take years to build back upo again . It'll be slow and it'll be hardwork . Some ideas will fail and some will work but lets not knock the efforts of those who try .

This whole thing is for the younger ones . Grumpy old gits like me and maybe you might not be able to see it right away but by god I hope it works .
lest not knock every new effort .

Rob

Just to be clear: I haven't got any problem with attempts to improve the atmosphere at Home Park, and nor have I got any problem with trying to attract more young support - although I'd argue, if this really is about helping young people find a direction, then it would be better to let them organise it themselves (as some tried not that long ago) and to take a look at whether ticket prices are preventing youngsters going to matches. Oh - and I still find some of the iconography very disturbing.

What I have got a problem with is the failure to take into account the views of season ticket holders in the areas affected before imposing this on us. And no, I don't see why I should have to move from a seat I've held for nearly ten years.

Must go and do my hair ...

So you'd move seat Peggy because you don't like what ? As for letting the kids organise it - it simply won't happen . It took an older bloke last week to take the lead . Lower ticket prices for the youngsters ? absolutely ! I'm sure it will happen .On the point of moving seat peggy is it just the flag going over head before the match - I seem to recall you saying that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I think we're all into any attempts whatsover to increase the fun at Home Park. But that flies against closing Blck 17 for a few quid, and I do have concern with the organised nature of it and the Cameron Youth type thing. I see bristol City have now got a Forza thing.

Unfortunately thats a cost cutting exercise to save money on Police attendance . The more that turn up the better the atmosphere . Don't worry though those of us who do attend will keep the club going and you can come back when things get better . Its your free choice of course .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 am

I might well not come back this time... and the Torquay experience behind the Lyndhurst was disappointing to say the least.
This time, I might just hang up my regular old fashioned pay cash on the day status, and join the disaffected casual tribe.

I'm not planning another home game before I drop into the away Wimbledon game in March. There's been a lot of stuff I don't agree with, and you have to believe in what you support.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 am

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Unfortunately thats a cost cutting exercise to save money on Police attendance . The more that turn up the better the atmosphere . Don't worry though those of us who do attend will keep the club going and you can come back when things get better . Its your free choice of course .

No. It was a drastic desperate action of a man (Ridsdale) looking to save every penny possible because we were in grave danger of going out of business.

THAT SITUATION NO LONGER EXISTS.

It is now penny-pinching at the expense of fans wishes and ground atmosphere.

Still, we've got a big flag. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 am

Personally I think the atmosphere and experience is too aimed at kids...I think the generation missing at Home Park is 18-40.

I'd happily alienate kids a bit by raising the price for u18s to a tenner (I remember paying that much in the 90s as an u18), and bringing down adult prices by a couple of quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

No. It was a drastic desperate action of a man (Ridsdale) looking to save every penny possible because we were in grave danger of going out of business.

THAT SITUATION NO LONGER EXISTS.

It is now penny-pinching at the expense of fans wishes and ground atmosphere.

Still, we've got a big flag. Rolling Eyes

Your not in favour of a sensible budget at PAFC then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Personally I think the atmosphere and experience is too aimed at kids...I think the generation missing at Home Park is 18-40.

I'd happily alienate kids a bit by raising the price for u18s to a tenner (I remember paying that much in the 90s as an u18), and bringing down adult prices by a couple of quid.

PMSL ! Longer term planning not your forte then Mock ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:45 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

cheers Very Happy
Music to my ears Mock. I've never understood this "fans of the future " thing. If that's so important, then the "fans of the present" must be a lot more important. Too much social engineering and emphasis on trying to increase the income/foot fall ratio that follows family things everywhere.
The Argyle ticketing database shows that less than a third of customers are full price paying adults. there's a reason for that..... it's too epensive.

I've got an innovative idea. How about a £1 reduction for every goal we score .... that should improve the atmosphere. We win 3 0 and we collect £3 from a machine on the way out. flower

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent and new board in Devonport
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next