shonbo
akagreengull
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

The FES Devonport End Empty
PostSubject: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:16 pm

The Devonport End has been sponsored by First European Securities (announced on the official site). FES are the same mob who have paid for Forza Verde bilboards etc.

Quote :
FIRST European Securities are the new sponsors of the Devonport End.
Under the terms of the agreement the Devonport End, which is the home of the Argyle Arms and Forza Verde 1886, will be designated in the future as “The FES Devonport End”.

First European Securities have been a sponsor of Argyle since the 2011-12 season.

An FES spokesman said “First European Securities are delighted to be in a business partnership with Plymouth Argyle as the first ever sponsors of the famous Devonport End.

"Hopefully, at the end of this particular arrangement, the club will be in a higher division and in a better position to return to where this fine club belongs.”

The deal represents the first of its kind at Home Park, with no doubt more to follow.

Argyle Commercial Operations Manager James Greenacre added: "We are delighted that FES have decided to extend their level of support to Plymouth Argyle and its promising future.

"The sponsorship agreement will clearly raise the profile of their business, and I am sure you have already noticed their presence around the ground, either on a static advertising hoarding or on our digital advertising boards.

"We hope to announce more sponsorship deals throughout the current campaign."

FES Devonport End
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Money can buy pretty much anything, but it can't buy respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Unbudgeted income?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:24 pm

That should help with the staff wages repayments. It will won't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm

The Devonport End has been known as such for donkey's years, I won't be calling it the FES Devonport End.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Nikkk FES buy what he they want it seems.

Still will always be known and calle the Devonport End no matter what they call it. Hopefully the money spent on advertising will go on the debts including the staff one.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm

My loyalty and support of Argyle can't be bought - at any price! How long before Brent sells the name "Home Park"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm

akagreengull wrote:
My loyalty and support of Argyle can't be bought - at any price! How long before Brent sells the name "Home Park"?

Oh it will happen you can put your mortage on it. The club is nothing but sell outs now and not in terms of bums on seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm

akagreengull wrote:

I'd imagine he's already had talks about it!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:11 pm

TBH, I think thats quite a cool thing to have done. It'll be known to us all as the Devonport End still. Some unbudgeted income is good. I can't see FES getting much out of this, tbh apart from the Nik connection, I have no idea who they are.

Anyway it isn't what it was since the big flags descended.

Still no feking cheerleaders.....
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Tis the way of the world but why oh why does it always come down to money. I can barely be bothered to get disgruntled anymore but I just find it awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 pm

In the wake of First European Securities sponsorship, the lads have been told that they should no longer give 110%. Instead they should be giving 39.9% (representative APR).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

The whole world is one APR merrygoround.... the government lends money for virtually nothing, and it finds it's way down to all sort of loan entities, large and small, that include the likes of Ticketus and their quantative easing chums, and then they nearly charge 20% APR. Nice work if you can get it.

It used to be illegal in this country to charge interest for monetary loans, but since loans were extended to ordinary folk, rather than just the landed gentry, they thought they would abandon that nonsense, and now the sky's the limit.
A little known fact ... if it were not for debt repayment, the government coffers would still be in credit each year to the tune of a quite a few billion. So much for blaming the poor. It's all one big money trick.

Last edited by Penzance on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Well we all know what the F will stand for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Fudge ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:50 pm

I can't believe they are thinking of changing the name..... Just like that......
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

someones started sponsoring football grounds ?,,,,thats what i love about this site,,,,allways first with the news,,,before you know it they will be sponsoring players shirts,,,,bemused of totnes. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 pm

But people aren't bemused in Totnes. They've made it quite clear to Costalot Coffee and their ilk that they're not wanted, and off they scuttled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Bogsider wrote:
I can't believe they are thinking of changing the name..... Just like that......

I saw what you did there lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I genuinely couldn't care less if Home Park was called something else and it brought money into the club. They've recently changed St James' Park in Newcastle back to St James' Park but, in all honesty, how many Newcastle fans referred to it as something else during that brief period? None. We would be no different.

If England had won the World Cup bid, our stadium would have been rebuilt and it would have been called something like the Vodafone Stadium and that would have virtually paid for the entire rebuild. Even if that had happened, we'd still call it Home Park.

Unfortunately, that's modern professional football and without big sponsorship deals and all the commercial stuff, 95% of clubs wouldn't survive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 pm

hairy j wrote:
If England had won the World Cup bid, our stadium would have been rebuilt and it would have been called something like the Vodafone Stadium and that would have virtually paid for the entire rebuild. Even if that had happened, we'd still call it Home Park.

I think you'll find 99% of Arsenal fans call their home pitch the Emirates, not Highbury.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:12 pm

hairy j wrote:
I genuinely couldn't care less if Home Park was called something else and it brought money into the club. They've recently changed St James' Park in Newcastle back to St James' Park but, in all honesty, how many Newcastle fans referred to it as something else during that brief period? None. We would be no different.

Unfortunately, that's modern professional football and without big sponsorship deals and all the commercial stuff, 95% of clubs wouldn't survive.

With some many firsts in football happening at the club why couldnt we be the first to say thanks but no thanks.

It's not as if Nikkkkkk wouldn't find some way of handing over the cash anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Penzance wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I think you'll find 99% of Arsenal fans call their home pitch the Emirates, not Highbury.

It moved geographically - that's entirely different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
In the wake of First European Securities sponsorship, the lads have been told that they should no longer give 110%. Instead they should be giving 39.9% (representative APR).

How much would they be giving if we'd got sponsorship from Wonga?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

I quite liked the "John Smith's Grange End" at Cardiff. Sponsorship is ok so long as it fits. Linking Argyle and a loans company who charge horrific rates isn't exactly bringing the club back to the community.

I'm willing to have my garage renamed for sponsorship if there's money going, though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The FES Devonport End   The FES Devonport End Empty

Back to top Go down

The FES Devonport End
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next