Freathy
Tringreen
Charlie Wood
Rickler
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent and new board in Devonport Empty
PostSubject: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:27 pm

...Fun fun fun Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Pitbull wrote:
...Fun fun fun Rolling Eyes

Pasoti News Flash .
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 pm

"All will be revealed at 2:50ish on Saturday.

No point guessing because it kind of ruins the 'surprise' if I say who it is"

Yes it does, doesn't it, El Presidente?

Maybe you had to show your hand as your 'mate' couldn't help but open his big mouth and give everyone a clue!

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 pm

This a big deal, is it? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 pm

No.

Which is exactly why it should't have been revealed.

Why will anyone want to go now? After all, this surely isn't just a 'one off' publicity stunt is it?

Won't Brent the new football fan now be in the Devonport everyweek?

Last edited by Rickler on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm bloody disappointed now I wanted it to be jedward.

But never mind we have got a big flag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Thought it would be alot better to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Where's Webby is so nauseatingly Uriah Heap and as for his mate Rolling Eyes

Would anyone other than an Aviva be at all excited by Jimmy B and chums joining them in the Devonport ?

It's just so nerdy and needy. Forza Verde my arse !
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Maybe when Crawley are cruising at 3-0 and people are leaving early brent & co may get a few uncomfortable questions from real fans about the REAL reason we haven't strengthened and why brent hasn't sacked and replaced fletcher instead of poncing about trying to find him a 'mentor'.

We are a joke

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Freathy wrote:
Maybe when Crawley are cruising at 3-0 and people are leaving early brent & co may get a few uncomfortable questions from real fans about the REAL reason we haven't strengthened and why brent hasn't sacked and replaced fletcher instead of poncing about trying to find him a 'mentor'.

We are a joke

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

If that's the scenario, so be it, I'll raise a wry smile but I am (once again) travelling in the hope of seeing us win. Some vestige of optimism lurks deep in my bones. My son will be joining us in the Cherry Tree but in reply to my query as to whether he would accompany me to the match...the reply came "I'm not wasting another twenty quid on that shit!" He's a clever lad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Good, I'm in block 6 so I know which direction to swear at.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Anyone just happy for the board to be the board. It was something perhaps when Peter Jones et al took their place with the fans after Luggy left or Nic Warren always and genuinely being in the Devonport end but I find this all a bit much. Of little interest to me to be honest but I guess no harm done if others get off on it.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 pm

The circus has come to town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:20 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

"More than could be said for you, Lippy?" Rolling Eyes

edited to add: Sorry, just came across this again - written when I was knackered last night - the words were a quote from the response to this on another site. clown

Last edited by knecht on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

And we've got the biggest clown of the whole circus world!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 am

The board sat in the Devonport.......i can feel the excitement coursing through my veins!! jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am

I hope they all have their aviva scarves and hymn sheets song sheets.

This is getting more and more cringeworthy by the week, I can imagine the old devonport end of the 70's/80's/90's would've had none of this crap going on.

Moist was right, it's like one big circus! What happened to turning up at 2:45 after having a few pints in the Brit and enjoying a game of football, chanting what you want and being able to walk into the ground without it seeming like an organised choir performance!

Atleast Brent and co will be nice and close to hear any racist chanting coming from the area though.........

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 am

I wonder if Nic Warren has been following all this, possibly with something of a wry smile on his face? I don't remember him needing a fanfare and a special announcement whenever he took his seat in the Demport when he was a Director.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Freathy wrote:

We are a joke

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

If that's the scenario, so be it, I'll raise a wry smile but I am (once again) travelling in the hope of seeing us win. Some vestige of optimism lurks deep in my bones. My son will be joining us in the Cherry Tree but in reply to my query as to whether he would accompany me to the match...the reply came "I'm not wasting another twenty quid on that shit!" He's a clever lad.

Sorry my back has flared up again, will be unable to make it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
I wonder if Nic Warren has been following all this, possibly with something of a wry smile on his face? I don't remember him needing a fanfare and a special announcement whenever he took his seat in the Demport when he was a Director.

Quite. In fact, he went out of his way to seek anonymity.

Hope I don't get to my seat today and find a director in it ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:13 am

pepsipete wrote:
Sorry my back has flared up again, will be unable to make it.

Sorry to hear that, Pepsi. Look after yourself and remember - there's always next time flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 am

They'll probably get applauded by hundreds if not thousands of regular supporters at today game but not by half a dozen contrary folk on here . It's not the fault of these people the Club is fooked . If they want to build bridges then good for them .
Cue the abuse .....

Enjoy your day people and take care .
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 am

I'm sure they will GG, but what exactly is the point of this stage managed exercise? Don't you find this procession of stunts and staged leaking of non news a distraction to the simple task of going to watch your team play and cheer or moan as necessary.

Are you going to manage a quick one in the CT at 1pm before the fanfest? It would be very nice to buy you a pint.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:00 am

Peggy wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Quite. In fact, he went out of his way to seek anonymity.

Hope I don't get to my seat today and find a director in it ...

easy tell him to copulate and commute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:32 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm sure they will GG, but what exactly is the point of this stage managed exercise? Don't you find this procession of stunts and staged leaking of non news a distraction to the simple task of going to watch your team play and cheer or moan as necessary.

Are you going to manage a quick one in the CT at 1pm before the fanfest? It would be very nice to buy you a pint.

Ok Charlie this is how I see it Argyle as a club is woefully low on support from the younger generations . Walk around Plymouth to see all the Premiership shirts etc. So lets come up with an idea to get kids involved and talking and enjoying the match experience . Hey lets form a group and call it Forze Verde lets give em a big flag lets make them feel special . Lets make them feel special so they say to their mates "Come along to Argyle its great fun " . To make them feel more wanted lets get The Board of Directors to mix with them on occasion . Lets encourage them to sing and create an atmosphere . Me and mine moved into Block 4 last game and the Forze Verde thing started to take off and the atmosphere was great . the kids were loving it . An older guy at the back had the courage to stand up and sign 2 songs over and over again ( some of us thought it was odd at the time ) . Eventually people started to join in . You'll hear those 2 songs today for sure .

I've said it before and I'll say it again . This Club will take years to build back upo again . It'll be slow and it'll be hardwork . Some ideas will fail and some will work but lets not knock the efforts of those who try .

This whole thing is for the younger ones . Grumpy old gits like me and maybe you might not be able to see it right away but by god I hope it works .
lest not knock every new effort .

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent and new board in Devonport   Brent and new board in Devonport Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent and new board in Devonport
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next