Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adams to wait until first game before naming captain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Adams to wait until first game before naming captain Empty
PostSubject: Adams to wait until first game before naming captain   Adams to wait until first game before naming captain EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams says he will not decide who will be the new club captain until the opening day of the new season.
The Pilgrims need a new skipper after Curtis Nelson spurned the offer of a new contract and joined Oxford United.
"We're just passing it around the senior players at this moment in time," 41-year-old Adams told BBC Sport.
"The captain will be the captain in the first game of the season, but nobody will know that before then."
Among the senior players to have worn the armband in pre-season are Gary Sawyer, Luke McCormick and Graham Carey.
"Your captain needs to lead on the pitch and I think it's important that we have that," added Adams.
"Off the pitch as well they've got an important aspect of looking after the players and it is an important job for someone to do.
"We don't want to say too early and I think that it's important that we take our time."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Adams to wait until first game before naming captain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams to wait until first game before naming captain   Adams to wait until first game before naming captain EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Aslong as the new captain isnt mccormick i can live with whoever he picks with ease. There is no obvious choice anymore like mchugh was before he slithered off to motherwell. maybe between Sawyer or Miller if i had to choose the captain.
Back to top Go down

Adams to wait until first game before naming captain
Page 1 of 1