Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark

Go down 
+2
Mock Cuncher
Elias
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark Empty
PostSubject: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great achievement for someone only 22 years off age.

hopefully if the club are savvy enough they will like with Reid start contract talks with him now rather than wait till the end of the season while the vultures are circling.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Great achievement by Nelson shame we lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Elias wrote:
Indeed.
Love it when he goes on his one surging run every game!
You never know where he's going to end up.
One day he will run the length of the pitch and unleash a screamer into the back of the net.
One day...
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 1:35 pm

If he plays for another 10 years, all time leading appearance maker?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Yet another exceptionally average 4th division player elevated by the Aviva Church to mythical status.
Thank heaven the Adams class of 2015 has actually brought in a couple of players with some ability.
I assume no offers have been received for this exceptional talent, unless the lad is unusually settled in this area. Doesn't happen often among the footy lathe operators
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:01 pm

One of the very few professionals associated with our club to have come through the last 5 years or so with any real merit. A relatively low earner during the administration period who could've walked and no doubt would've found a decent contract elsewhere but stayed on anyway. A good solid no fuss pro and a credit to the club IMO.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:13 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
Indeed.
Love it when he goes on his one surging run every game!
You never know where he's going to end up.
One day he will run the length of the pitch and unleash a screamer into the back of the net.
One day...
That rang a bell. Colin Sullivan, LB a few years ago, did just that at home vs ?? and I think it was a game that won us promotion - but could be wrong.
Any anoraks?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:43 pm

I think you're mistaken there tigger although I expect Greenskin will correct me if I'm wrong.

Colin Sullivan never got promotion with us, he joined Norwich at the start of the 74-75 season. 257 appearances by the age of 22 though, some going.

Surely you're not thinking about Kellet's goal last season?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Remember Nicky Marker doing it, cant remember who against.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I think you're mistaken there tigger although I expect Greenskin will correct me if I'm wrong.  

Colin Sullivan never got promotion with us, he joined Norwich at the start of the 74-75 season.  257 appearances by the age of 22 though, some going.

Surely you're not thinking about Kellet's goal last season?

Correct Coxers, Sully didn't get promotion with us but I do remember him scoring a screamer in one game, may well have been in his early days at Argyle. Definitely remember the Nicky Marker goal that Pepsi referred to, that was against Stoke, he beat four or five players from the halfway line and waltzed around the keeper before slotting home, brilliant solo effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:37 pm

The trouble is, virtually every other time he whacked the ball, it sailed into touch. A tight player, kept to his winger as best he could, I liked him for his frailties, and no one could fault his fitness and effort. We could afford someone like him with the  other back players we had at the time. There were some characters then. Andy Nelson I remember liking very much at the back. He was a full Nelson. Granted, few of them were athletes, but they had certain abilities, one of which was making me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:07 am

My earliest memory of "virtually every other time he whacked the ball, it sailed into touch" was John Delve, albeit the ball landed in the zoo somewhere.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:49 am

He got one against Swindon Town on boxing day, and spent the rest of his career trying to repeat it. I always blame him for the zoo closing, killed all the giraffes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:39 am

pepsipete wrote:
He got one against Swindon Town on boxing day, and spent the rest of his career trying to repeat it.  I always blame him for the zoo closing, killed all the giraffes.

Poor Camelopards my favourite animal. We had the skin of one in front of the fire at home, it also led to the dining room and kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark   Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain Nelson reaches 200 game landmark
Page 1 of 1