seadog
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Wylde joins Millwall Empty
PostSubject: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:02 am

Big loss
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:03 am

2 year deal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:07 am

Indeed. Enigmatic player, crossing left a bit to be desired at times but contributed well overall, including 7 goals which is a good return for a flank man. Do hope the new signings prove to be adequate but the summers dealings so far haven't whetted my appetite for the new season.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:50 am

What's with these big clubs offering 2 year deals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Triffic, feck off Brent, my boycott will be absolute now, I've weaned myself off Argyle for the first time in my life, Wembley followed by the breakup of the team is the last straw.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:13 pm

You have to wonder if the players being brought in by DA are out of want or desperation, time will tell I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:51 pm

I wonder if he would have stayed if we had offered him a contract in January?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:04 pm

The players who have agreed to stay must be wondering what they have done. Expecting a team to invest and kick on and yet find all their ex-teammates getting two year contracts a division higher. 

I wonder if they're regretting it now?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Triffic, feck off Brent, my boycott will be absolute now, I've weaned myself off Argyle for the first time in my life, Wembley followed by the breakup of the team is the last straw.
Yep, until the Brentmare has gone there will be no trips to Homepark for me. poke your sustainable progress Jimmy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Huge loss to the team, Good luck to him at Millwall.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Not the biggest loss but only my opinion. Always felt the end product was poor too often
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Indeed. Enigmatic player, crossing left a bit to be desired at times but contributed well overall, including 7 goals which is a good return for a flank man. Do hope the new signings prove to be adequate but the summers dealings so far haven't whetted my appetite for the new season.

Me also.

It is going to be a long, long old season.

There are murmurings about the budget for the new season, murmurings that once again it is not a good budget ?.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Aberdeen is a good place to live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 9:08 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
There are murmurings about the budget for the new season, murmurings that once again it is not a good budget ?.
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, as any money funneled away from the playing budget can go to the capital cost of buying the stadium, next season. I noticed Adams comments a little whil back, and it would appear his boss would appreciate him keeping his mouth shut regarding the budget next season.

It all couldn't be happening to a nicer owner. Carey is the one I feel sorry for, but I would guess he is staying loyal to his manager. Could be a relegation fight if this all continues. Do I care ? No. Why should I when the owner is a squatting profiteer.
What on earth did Brent and Starnes expect, when treating their staff so abysmally. Did it not even cross their minds employees will just go elsewhere if they have options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 pm

It should be worrying the avivas that more first team players are leaving over staying and the calibre of players being signed up in their place which brings back memories of sturrocks janary sales norris or clark, Ebanks-Blake or MacLean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Jog on Wylde - hope you keep up the expert crosses for the Lions!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:16 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Not the biggest loss but only my opinion. Always felt the end product was poor too often
I agree Harve. I can just about understand players leaving for clubs in a higher league (Hartley, Wylde, Nelson tbc) but I wonder whether the clubs involved would have paid a fee had the players been contracted or would they have looked elsewhere for a freebie''
So, at present, I'm not too uncomfortable with those 2/3 going, however what will really pith me off big time is if any of our non-contract players join another Lge 2 club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 am

Bet millwall scouts will be in for a right old bollocking once they find out he cant cross a ball to save his life..9 out 10 of his crosses used to hit the demport end the barn park or outland rd ..i can only see more unrest head with jimmys piss poor budget
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:07 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

This, Championship level pace and trickery and the beating of any fullback he wanted to. But when it came to making a decision to cross or shoot he made the right decision only about 1 in 5 times and on top of that low ratio he'd then hit the intended target about 1 in 10 times.

Loved his late winner at Pompey, but apart from that my memories are of swearing profusely at his wastefulness and those bleddy day-glo boots.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:04 pm

X Isle wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

This, Championship level pace and trickery and the beating of any fullback he wanted to. But when it came to making a decision to cross or shoot he made the right decision only about 1 in 5 times and on top of that low ratio he'd then hit the intended target about 1 in 10 times.

Loved his late winner at Pompey, but apart from that my memories are of swearing profusely at his wastefulness and those bleddy day-glo boots.

If you like what I said you can say yes I agree with that........ lol! .

I'm deleting my account forthwith if words like "this" and "enjoy" and all the other American shight starts becoming commonplace here....!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:21 pm

^This^

For what it is worth I'm not much bothered by the departure of this particular player because inconsistent wingers are easy to replace.

On the downside we knew what we had with this particular inconsistent winger and it wasn't all bad.

I'm not sure there are any snippets to be gleaned re the budget here: it's likely that Millwall outbid us but on its own that is hardly a shock nor a condemnation; from his career perspective he's off to play at a higher level so you can hardly blame him for that.

His departure doesn't much matter but who his replacement is does.

As Douglas Adams once put it: so long and thanks for all the fish.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Although not directly concerning Wylde, this was on the pasoti Wylde thread-

Jackleslie21 wrote:
Gutted he's gone, yes his final delivery wasn't always the best, but that's wingers for you. He's not as replaceable as everybody is making out. Wylde is a goalscorer too. Even headers for a small chap. The main stumbling block for us is our new policy of offering 1 years deals. This was the only reason Matt didn't sign, he wanted a 2 year deal, if you joined a company who said I'll give you a 1 year deal, you probably would look elsewhere! I think Gregg will be sorely missed

justanother fan wrote:
You know this, how. Good luck at Millwall Greg but don`t let the door hit you on the bum on the way out, I believe he vacated his apartment some wee while ago.

jackleslie21 wrote:
My mate works at St Mellon golf club, and became quite friendly with Matt and a few others during last season. He came back to hold talks with Adams before he went on holiday, basically agreed terms apart from the length of contract, he was gutted I was told  Crying or Very sad big loss, a full pre Season and Matt would have been even better next season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Geddon Green Jim, prudent till the day he dies.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:42 am

Good luck Gregg, Jimmy's brexit budget could never compete against Millwall and their smaller crowds
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 6:21 am

The lure of big clubs, us apathetic janners don't deserve a good team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wylde joins Millwall   Wylde joins Millwall Empty

Back to top Go down

Wylde joins Millwall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next