Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:14 pm

The two biggest prophets of doom here make me laugh. One lives in Germany ffs, and the other STILL hasn't grasped that all posting about 50 links, pie charts and Guardian quotes a day does, is bore people shitless to the point that I'd be amazed if more than 10% of ATDers actually bother to click or read any of them.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I think what should happen post referendum.

Cameron the quitter should trigger article 50 as soon as possible like tomorrow or at the meeting with the eu leaders this week.

An all party team made up of the leave leaders go to Europe to start negotiations. The Labour lady, Stuart should be the leader/ chair of the team with a high ranking civil servant as well. Someone from all parties who declared they wanted to leave should be in the team. I would also include Fararge as well.

Proper LOL at that avatar Mouldy lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 pm

refresh page to update numbers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The two biggest prophets of doom here make me laugh. One lives in Germany ffs, and the other STILL hasn't grasped that all posting about 50 links, pie charts and Guardian quotes a day does, is bore people shitless to the point that I'd be amazed if more than 10% of ATDers actually bother to click or read any of them.

Maybe that's the problem. People are more likely to believe the "guy down the pub" than do some research to try and ascertain the facts for themsleves !

As for being a prophet of doom, I feel that we have all been conned!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Maybe that's the problem. People are more likely to believe the "guy down the pub" than do some research to try and ascertain the facts for themsleves !

As for being a prophet of doom, I feel that we have all been conned!

The point I was making Moist, was to highlight the utter futility of Frannies campaigning.

People do not read ATD to be relentlessly preached at.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:33 pm

I guess the next few days/weeks/months/years will enable this thread to outperform Pepsi's Word Game thread!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:51 pm

The actual likelihood of us leaving the EU are diminishing. There are a number of options available to us none of which are remotely as good a deal as the one we currently have
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:55 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Maybe that's the problem. People are more likely to believe the "guy down the pub"

You keep mentioning this mythical pub!

Are you newly married and she/he (you never know) has barred you from going or are you a reformed Alky?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Maybe that's the problem. People are more likely to believe the "guy down the pub"

You keep mentioning this mythical pub!

Are you newly married and she/he (you never know) has barred you from going or are you a reformed Alky?

Neither..... free and single Wink and a practicing alky! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Now ain't that the truth. A trip back in time to pre election days,which admittedly seems a long time ago,and a post from the 22nd June;

"Anyhow......

Whatever the result I will respect it.

I hope that everyone else can do that too".

Three guesses as to who made that post.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Now ain't that the truth. A trip back in time to pre election days,which admittedly seems a long time ago,and a post from the 22nd June;

"Anyhow......

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

"Anyhow......

Me.

But that was pre the lies (broken promises - the day after the vote!!!!). Like it or agree/accept it or not lots of people have been conned.

You may call it democracy, I don't!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Am I the only person that has expressed an opinion here? No.

Isn't the ability to do that essential to the democratic process? It seems not.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

But also you are required as an adult, when you vote, to accept the result which ever way it goes.

You seem incapable of doing so.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:58 pm

In the here and now, the daily mail report that haste is the order of the day.

The EU are a tad pushy.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

"Anyhow......

Me.

But that was pre the lies (broken promises - the day after the vote!!!!). Like it or agree/accept it or not lots of people have been conned.

MvL, I respect your views and hence your disappointment, But... C'mon... In politics how many promises are kept these days? And were these promises made by people in a position to make them?

And it's early days yet, who is to say there won't be another reversal of position?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
I think the really good thing that will come from this is that the government won't be able to blame any laws on Europe.

As far as I can gather (if I'm wrong, please let me know) is that the vast majotity of these "laws" relate to consumer safety and protection as well as environmental protection. Most of them being administrative.

Also, every major "law" has to be ratified by both the European Parliament and the individual country's parliament.

The UK has representatives in these "law" making bodies.

I don't get where all this "Brussels control" comes from.

Give me say 5 examples where Brussels have "fecked us over"?

I can only think of two off hand at the moment, bananas and fishing. Unless you wish to include Hair dryers, kettles and toasters.

There is also this from 2013.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

"Anyhow......

Me.

The vote was the democracy, are you so obsessively subjective that you can't see even that? People get conned by governments in their manifesto every 5 years-bears shit in the woods, politicians lie,dissemble and break promises. Do you seriously believe that anyone on this site would trust people like Johnson, Gove, Farage etc any further than they could throw them? You're not talking to some 18-24 year old idealist who doesn't know his/her arse from their elbow. I trust them about as much as I trust Cameron, Osborne or any of the other arsewipes who did their level best to blackmail, bully and scare people into voting for their cause during the campaign-they got their answer with a bit of interest added and rightly so. Johnson, IDS and the others are the means to end AFAIC and as long as they get Britain out of the EU, then the end will have been achieved.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
But also you are required as an adult, when you vote, to accept the result which ever way it goes.

Not at all.

Here's my post on the subject of the result itself. Take note of the opening sentences.

Quote :
There no going back. The referendum has been done. The result is in and that is that.

The saddest part of it all will be the destruction of what we have all grown up with: Great Britain, the United Kingdom... Call it what you will.

There will be a second Scottish referendum. They will vote to leave the Union this time. That'll be the end of Great Britain although I suppose nominally the United Kingdom could survive. Northern Ireland might go too.

Cameron will go down in history as the man who called the referendum that allowed the Union to be destroyed. For a self-avowed "one nation Conservative" that is the biggest and worst failure imaginable.

UKIP will go down in history as a movement that destroyed the UK. It won't have won independence for the UK at all because what it wanted independence for won't exist any more. What it will have done is create a separate English parliament because Wales, N Ireland and Scotland will either be independent or have their own. UKIP, in efect, will have created an English Nationalist State.

We'll, us Brits that is, need a new flag, too. The Union Jack will be meaningless without the Scots being part of what it represents. Might as well just go straight to the cross of St George and bury that thing with the blue in it.

I went to sleep last night as a Plymothian, Devonian, Englishman, Briton and European and woke up to find that I am going to have the last two parts of that taken from me before long.

If, as I do, you loved GB/UK (call it what you will) and you voted Leave then you have destroyed the very thing you profess an affection for.

I'm bound to be ripped into for saying this... well fill your boots. I'm too busy mourning the death of the country that raised me to care.

You guys have not "got your country back" (not that it ever existed or was possible to get back anyway) you have torn it asunder and jumped up and down on the pieces that once constituted it to be left with a pale imitation of what once was once, truly, a great Great Britain.

That is the victory you have won. I hope you think it was worth it.

Anything I've said since is about the aftermath and isn't this the place - and the thread title is something of a clue - to chew such things over?

It's less than an hour until the Far East financial markets open. Do you think Singapore will be up or down?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:17 pm

A question posed like a novice..    

It's where they close that matters.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:

The vote was the democracy, are you so obsessively subjective that you can't see even that? People get conned by governments in their manifesto every 5 years-bears shit in the woods, politicians lie,dissemble and break promises. Do you seriously believe that anyone on this site would trust people like Johnson, Gove, Farage etc any further than they could throw them? You're not talking to some 18-24 year old idealist who doesn't know his/her arse from their elbow. I trust them about as much as I trust Cameron, Osborne or any of the other arsewipes who did their level best to blackmail, bully and scare people into voting for their cause during the campaign-they got their answer with a bit of interest added and rightly so. Johnson, IDS and the others are the means to end AFAIC and as long as they get Britain out of the EU, then the end will have been achieved.

Fine. So you will have no problem whatever if for any reason given by the politicians we don't Brexit then.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

"Anyhow......

Me.

MvL, I respect your views and hence your disappointment, But...   C'mon...  In politics how many promises are kept these days?  And were these promises made by people in a position to make them?

And it's early days yet, who is to say there won't be another reversal of position?

You may well be right Rickler.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Rickler wrote:
A question posed like a novice..    

It's where they close that matters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Not at all.

Here's my post on the subject of the result itself. Take note of the opening sentences.

Quote :
There no going back. The referendum has been done. The result is in and that is that.

The saddest part of it all will be the destruction of what we have all grown up with: Great Britain, the United Kingdom... Call it what you will.

There will be a second Scottish referendum. They will vote to leave the Union this time. That'll be the end of Great Britain although I suppose nominally the United Kingdom could survive. Northern Ireland might go too.

Cameron will go down in history as the man who called the referendum that allowed the Union to be destroyed. For a self-avowed "one nation Conservative" that is the biggest and worst failure imaginable.

UKIP will go down in history as a movement that destroyed the UK. It won't have won independence for the UK at all because what it wanted independence for won't exist any more. What it will have done is create a separate English parliament because Wales, N Ireland and Scotland will either be independent or have their own. UKIP, in efect, will have created an English Nationalist State.

We'll, us Brits that is, need a new flag, too. The Union Jack will be meaningless without the Scots being part of what it represents. Might as well just go straight to the cross of St George and bury that thing with the blue in it.

I went to sleep last night as a Plymothian, Devonian, Englishman, Briton and European and woke up to find that I am going to have the last two parts of that taken from me before long.

If, as I do, you loved GB/UK (call it what you will) and you voted Leave then you have destroyed the very thing you profess an affection for.

I'm bound to be ripped into for saying this... well fill your boots. I'm too busy mourning the death of the country that raised me to care.

You guys have not "got your country back" (not that it ever existed or was possible to get back anyway) you have torn it asunder and jumped up and down on the pieces that once constituted it to be left with a pale imitation of what once was once, truly, a great Great Britain.

That is the victory you have won. I hope you think it was worth it.

Anything I've said since is about the aftermath and isn't this the place - and the thread title is something of a clue - to chew such things over?

It's less than an hour until the Far East financial markets open. Do you think Singapore will be up or down?

the oracle has spoken mouldy Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:27 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

So taking it to the extremes MOG, that would also apply if we all had guns to our heads to make sure we voted correctly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next