Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far)

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm

A bit of light hearted banter - but TRUE!!

Just talking to a relation and her 2 over 18's who voted ''leave''
They actually voted 'leave' because they thought that DC would step down if it was 'leave' and there would have to be a general election. I've explained how it sort of works. Their reply was ''oh Christ didn't realise''
How about an IQ test before you are allowed to vote?
If that statement doesn't bring out the fun and banter on this thread then nothing will.
Banana

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far)

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I am geniunely concerned that the UK will break apart and that The UK's world influence will be diminished as a result. The EU will want to teach us a lesson as a deterrent to other countries leaving. It looks like we will also have Johnson as the new PM!

I'm finding it hard to see any positives so far.

Come on Le Mis, say something to give me some hope.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Oh!!!! Now he tells us......

You've been duped!!!!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nigel Farage calls £350m a week promise to NHS "a mistake"
Farage admitted that there was no guarantee the money will go to the NHS, but reassured viewers that £350m a week will be spent on something.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:12 pm

I understand your concerns MVL, short term there may well be some pain, medium term things will start to improve and long term coming out of the failing European superstate will be a Godsend imo. I was actually laughing at your assertion that the experts had been right so far.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I understand your concerns MVL, short term there may well be some pain, medium term things will start to improve and long term coming out of the failing European superstate will be a Godsend imo. I was actually laughing at your assertion that the experts had been right so far.

The bookies and pollsters certainly didn't have things spot on yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

I still say that without access to the single market we will be screwed.

I also think that if we are allowed to join the single market, it will be under far worse conditions than we have at present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 pm

Like it or not Frank and Moist you both felt Europe was the best this for you but more people thought they wanted out, that is democracy and a rare example at that. The trouble with referendums is that you don't always get the answer you want.
As for Moist have you been asked to leave Germany? I bet the answers no and I bet you don't either, they like selling us our cars and will protect it. I also expect there are as many Germans working here as we have in Germany and the status quo will be maintained. I didn't believe the scare stories before Brexit I don't believe it now.
As for Biccy same old tired crap.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:11 pm

I maybe wrong but do we not run a trade deficit with the EU?
If true and we import more from the EU than we export then would any new 'free trade' terms be worse?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Farage admitted that there was no guarantee the money will go to the NHS, but reassured viewers that £350m a week will be spent on something.

I've just answered elsewhere about this. The Battle Bus clearly had the £350 Million that we (initially) send to Europe each week with the clear "implication" that it "could" be spent on better issues like the NHS.......nobody in their right minds can possibly have thought every penny was going to the NHS period......Farage is not even a MP to start with.

Two non politicians that more than anyone contributed to the Remain Campaigns loss of votes was the odious Eddie Izzard making a twat of himself and savaged by Farage on the BBC Forum and secondly that drug fuelled Bob Geldof flicking the V's on the Thames to the Fishery Vessels.....They fecked up, Cameron fecked up along with that snivelling Osbourne and now their history   cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:25 pm

The majority wants to leave thats fine thats how Democracy works, Cameron's going he gave it his best shot but it was not enough, what really annoys me though and i think he should do one is Jezza Corbs, an absolute pathetic joke of a leader, Labour will never get elected with that drippy fart as leader, his performance during the referendum was worse than useless!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
like it or not 17million people cannot and will not be ignored.

So, the great electorate have voted. The results are in and we all have to accept them.

We can all play with figures though.

What about the 29 million who didn't vote to leave?

Only 36% of the electorate voted to leave. If you count the whole population then it is only 26%.

Grumpy old men and women who will mostly have passed on before things are stable again (at what prosperity level though?) have basically fecked up the UK.

It's a mess at the moment alright. Once the impact really starts to affect people's pockets and jobs.....Then what? And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far).

Scotland will go. NI too?? Pretty soon, there will be nothing left to be proud of and our negotiating strength will have disappeared. We will be a third rate nation!!!!

The single market is our biggest asset. Why have we thrown it away? Please don't think that any future trade negotiation with the EU will be easy. Little England and Wales will need the EU far more than the EU needs little England and Wales.

It will be a take it or leave it deal involving the free movement of people and adopting ALL EU laws. Independance day my arse!. Hey, they might even insist on the euro and Schengen!!!!! You won't have to worry about immigrants though because nobody will want to come!

Also, if we don't have access to the single market, who will be interested in trading with us? What do we have (besides fish) that they would want?

What a sad day for the UK.

I wonder if I can apply for a Scottish passport..........

Please feel free to call me names and insult me in any way you think fit (why change now?).

So what bearing does those figures have when you apply them to the remain vote?

I still say any eu company on the continent that trades with the UK will continue to do so.

It is all scare stories and smears by the losers.

I'm sorry MOG but it's just not going to be that easy. Nobody has any idea what will happen once the divorce starts. We don't even know what the make up of any UK will be.

Still, it's not over yet and the new PM may be in for a shock.....

What a mess we've put ourselves in.

Yes it is that simple.

Any company that trades with us will not stop doing so just because we are leaving the eu.

As for not knowing what the future will bring you are right. But you, franny and the remain campaign were always telling us what WOULD happen. What you should have said was COULD happen.

As for the breakup of the UK it has always been on the cards for a second referendum on Scotland leaving because the bitter bitch didn't win last time.

People like her go on about the the dangers of us leaving the eu but have no worries about Scotland leaving the UK. It was put to some MSP this morning that they would have to have their own currency. If they applied to join the eu then might even have to use the euro.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 5:56 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
like it or not 17million people cannot and will not be ignored.

So, the great electorate have voted. The results are in and we all have to accept them.

We can all play with figures though.

What about the 29 million who didn't vote to leave?

Only 36% of the electorate voted to leave. If you count the whole population then it is only 26%.

Grumpy old men and women who will mostly have passed on before things are stable again (at what prosperity level though?) have basically fecked up the UK.

It's a mess at the moment alright. Once the impact really starts to affect people's pockets and jobs.....Then what? And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far).

Scotland will go. NI too?? Pretty soon, there will be nothing left to be proud of and our negotiating strength will have disappeared. We will be a third rate nation!!!!

The single market is our biggest asset. Why have we thrown it away? Please don't think that any future trade negotiation with the EU will be easy. Little England and Wales will need the EU far more than the EU needs little England and Wales.

It will be a take it or leave it deal involving the free movement of people and adopting ALL EU laws. Independance day my arse!. Hey, they might even insist on the euro and Schengen!!!!! You won't have to worry about immigrants though because nobody will want to come!

Also, if we don't have access to the single market, who will be interested in trading with us? What do we have (besides fish) that they would want?

What a sad day for the UK.

I wonder if I can apply for a Scottish passport..........

Please feel free to call me names and insult me in any way you think fit (why change now?).

So what bearing does those figures have when you apply them to the remain vote?

I still say any eu company on the continent that trades with the UK will continue to do so.

It is all scare stories and smears by the losers.

I'm sorry MOG but it's just not going to be that easy. Nobody has any idea what will happen once the divorce starts. We don't even know what the make up of any UK will be.

Still, it's not over yet and the new PM may be in for a shock.....

What a mess we've put ourselves in.

Yes it is that simple.

Any company that trades with us will not stop doing so just because we are leaving the eu.

As for not knowing what the future will bring you are right. But you, franny and the remain campaign were always telling us what WOULD happen. What you should have said was COULD happen.

As for the breakup of the UK it has always been on the cards for a second referendum on Scotland leaving because the bitter bitch didn't win last time.

People like her go on about the the dangers of us leaving the eu but have no worries about Scotland leaving the UK. It was put to some MSP this morning that they would have to have their own currency. If they applied to join the eu then might even have to use the euro.  

Scotland and Northern Ireland should respect the vote, no point in throwing the toys out of the pram. What if the outcome had seen the vote to remain in the EU won at the expense of England and Wales ?.

For the SNP to get another referendum, they have to get approval from Westminster and that will not happen.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:07 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The majority wants to leave thats fine thats how Democracy works, Cameron's going he gave it his best shot but it was not enough, what really annoys me though and i think he should do one is Jezza Corbs, an absolute pathetic joke of a leader, Labour will never get elected with that drippy fart as leader, his performance during the referendum was worse than useless!
Well, your wish has started with 2 MPs starting a ''vote of no confidence'' against that dimwit Corbyn.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:12 pm

The SNP do not need permission from Westminster for another referendum. There has been a material change in circumstances since the last one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I maybe wrong but do we not run a trade deficit with the EU?
If true and we import more from the EU than we export then would any new 'free trade' terms be  worse?

In the gospel according to Lord Tisdale, they'll be falling over themselves to sell us their goods. The issue I have is that trusting people to make the right deal. I fear the country will become even more of a haven for the super rich
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:56 pm

It's not going to be easy or straightforward, don't believe anyone ever said it would be, but what's the alternative ? Leave yourself shackled to the economic corpse of the EU ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
The SNP do not need permission from Westminster for another referendum. There has been a material change in circumstances since the last one.

According to the Telegraph they do.

Paragraph 23 - ''A legally binding referendum would also require the approval of Westminster and David Cameron has repeatedly reminded Mr Salmond and Ms Sturgeon that they promised in 2014, when Scots voted 55-45 to remain part of the UK, that it was a “once in a generation” event''.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
It's not going to be easy or straightforward, don't believe anyone ever said it would be, but what's the alternative ? Leave yourself shackled to the economic corpse of the EU ?

Exactly right, your grace. We'll sort it even as Greece and as the coming Italian banking crisis is coming around the corner to drag the EU further in the mire.

Still, isn't fun to hear Frannie and Von Earwig's continued griping Wink
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

I've just answered elsewhere about this. The Battle Bus clearly had the £350 Million that we (initially) send to Europe each week with the clear "implication" that it "could" be spent on better issues like the NHS.......nobody in their right minds can possibly have thought every penny was going to the NHS period......Farage is not even a MP to start with.

Two non politicians that more than anyone contributed to the Remain Campaigns loss of votes was the odious Eddie Izzard making a twat of himself and savaged by Farage on the BBC Forum and secondly that drug fuelled Bob Geldof flicking the V's on the Thames to the Fishery Vessels.....They fecked up, Cameron fecked up along with that snivelling Osbourne and now their history   cheers cheers

Duped, duped duped!

Lies, lies, lies!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Duped, duped duped!

Lies, lies, lies!

Here,sign this like a true democrat;

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Like it or not Frank and Moist you both felt Europe was the best this for you but more people thought they wanted out, that is democracy and a rare example at that. The trouble with referendums is that you don't always get the answer you want.

I don't like it but I have to accept it. My only problem is that people were misled by both sides and IMO many people voted on the wrong issue. I really hope that you are 100% correct in your predictions and that I am 100% wrong because (even) if we meet in the middle, you Brexiteers IMO, have really screwed everyone.

For what??

As for Moist have you been asked to leave Germany? I bet the answers no and I bet you don't either, they like selling us our cars and will protect it. I also expect there are as many Germans working here as we have in Germany and the status quo will be maintained. I didn't believe the scare stories before Brexit I don't believe it now.
As for Biccy same old tired crap.

No, I haven't been asked to leave but in two years and three months time (if the negotiations turn sour), who knows?

I have a young daughter here. Luckily, she has dual citizenship. I don't. I have to think about me and her as well. Should it come down to it, I'm actually looking at taking German citizenship (if it comes to it) - (are we not all Anglo Saxons?), as I'd rather be a European than a Little (isolationist) Englander!

I'm British (English) and proud of it. I am ashamed of my fellow countrymen though for having such small minds in what is the 21st century!

Just answer this question please (with some detail to back up your statements).

What exactly have the Brexiters won?

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Duped, duped duped!

Lies, lies, lies!

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Cribbed from a post on FB, a much more optimistic view.

Goodness me what a depressing day! What on earth has happened?!? And I'm not talking about the referendum results. I'm talking about the REACTION to the results.

How many times have I read the phrase "I'm ashamed to be British" today?!!

I totally understand that today's results have been disappointing to a LOT of people. And that is absolutely fair enough. If it's not what you believed in and not what you voted for, then obviously it is disappointing. But ashamed to be British?!? Is this how we want to face the future? With pessimism, and anger and rage?

The irony is that this is the time we need to embrace being British! We need to be proud! Have we forgotten that we are one of the most powerful economies in the world? Yes the FTSE 100 took a blow first thing this morning, but check it out, it's rising again. Have we forgotten we have one of the most incredible Armed Forces in the World? Some of the top Universities IN THE WORLD? What about our Music? Our Art? Our Countryside? Our Coastline? Our Entrepreneurs? Our Language?!! The list goes on...so much to be PROUD of!

We are World Class.

Times will be tough, of course they will in such a period of change, no one is questioning that. But how tough? Well that's up to us.

It's time to decide whether we sink or swim.

If we face the future with fear and negativity then how will we ever succeed? And how does this negativity and regret look to the rest of the world?!? A World who we are trying to impress?! A World who we must show we are standing strong and ready to take on! As a friend, and an ally.

We, as a nation, voted out. That's democracy. And it's done. Now we have to move on and live with the consequences. And I'd much rather face this future with excitement and optimism and hope.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Duped, duped duped!

Lies, lies, lies!

The referendum for a start.

Seems that the "European unification process" has been halted according to your chancellor, which has to go down as a victory in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next