Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:36 pm

A great day for all of us......Independence Day as Boris rightly stated. I've been quiet on this Forum but campaigned hard off it and I'm delighted by the outcome.
Before anyone snipes (and I knew it would happen) am currently £17,323 poorer on investments than this time yesterday but only a paper loss and expect to get it back and a lot more over the coming months
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:43 pm

The wicked witch of the north has been on one and has called for another Scottish referendum, good luck with that then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:44 pm

A sign in a Greek hotel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not even Greece wants our currency.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:45 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
The wicked witch of the North has been on one and has called for another Scottish referendum, good luck with that then.

Quite right. Scotland voted to remain part of the EU. Why should they be forced to leave?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
A sign in a Greek hotel.

Who gives a shit!

Get over it Franny.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:53 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
A sign in a Greek hotel.

Who gives a shit!

Get over it Franny.

Indeed so. Wonder how long we'll have to put up with this crap? Wish he'd go and start his own website.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Bad losers are just sooo unBritish old chap, have a bit of dignity.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:56 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
The wicked witch of the North has been on one and has called for another Scottish referendum, good luck with that then.

Quite right. Scotland voted to remain part of the EU. Why should they be forced to leave?

Let 'em stay then - minus the Barnett Formula.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Load of spineless wankers, slurs of racism, catostrophic global consequences ect, ect. Feck all noticeable will change, sterling has gone haywire cos of usual suspects betting and losing on it what a feckin shame that is. Lol. The sterling situation immediately makes export to rest of the world viable and an opportunity to be grabbed by both hands.
The liberal hand wringers hate democracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How the battle was won.

Funny that both my kids voted out, all their friends voted out, even the ones at Uni, even an accountant who lives in London. Why because they are completely disenfranchised by politics, they all voted although none bothered in the general election. Great day for our democracy and a great day for the youth who believe or not want this to happen. All your slurs and lies only tipped people to vote out you are as much to blame as anyone, feck you deal with it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
The wicked witch of the north has been on one and has called for another Scottish referendum, good luck with that then.

Can't come soon enough imo, and anyone else who is unhappy is welcome to leave too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How the battle was won.

Funny that both my kids voted out, all their friends voted out, even the ones at Uni, even an accountant who lives in London. Why because they are completely disenfranchised by politics, they all voted although none bothered in the general election. Great day for our democracy and a great day for the youth who believe or not want this to happen. All your slurs and lies only tipped people to vote out you are as much to blame as anyone, feck you deal with it. cheers

Wonder what proportions would have resulted if that break down had been compiled from English voters only? May have been similar but then again it may not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:13 pm

We need to learn from the mistakes of Brentexit and establish a timeframe for the "give it time" and "I told you so" arguments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Brentexit? You've lost me Frank. What needs to happen is exactly the same as would have happened had the vote gone the other way, lick your wounds and get on with life. The reality is that life is outside the EU. Well never know what would happen had we stayed however what is clear is that 17milion people didn't believe what the government was saying, they should go IMO. I've just spoken to a friend of mine, well off middle class and he changed his vote to leave because all the vitriol and hate from the remainers made him. The whole country needs to take a hard look at itself unless the politics of hate and self stop the country will tear itself apart, like it or not 17million people cannot and will not be ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Not a good outcome as far as I'm concerned.
How good to see the outers commenting on the so called bullshit from Cameron et all. I mean Farage, Johnson and others only told the truth didn't they?
One thing I don't understand with many is the fact that over the last 30-40 years, when the gap between rich and poor has been constantly expanding (apparently a good way of calculating happiness within a nation), we have been governed by right wing politics and now this has just been encouraged by the outcome.
Plus Trump thinks its a great idea, says it all really.
And as for Hodge she should join the Tories if she thinks Corbyn should resign. The lack of left wing politics within this country (although they didn't help themselves in the 70's) has created the scenario we now see, no-one able to really question what our government has been doing all this time. We all know Blair was a true blue.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm

mcfry wrote:
Not a good outcome as far as I'm concerned.
How good to see the outers commenting on the so called bullshit from Cameron et all. I mean Farage, Johnson and others only told the truth didn't they?
One thing I don't understand with many is the fact that over the last 30-40 years, when the gap between rich and poor has been constantly expanding (apparently a good way of calculating happiness within a nation), we have been governed by right wing politics and now this has just been encouraged by the outcome.
Plus Trump thinks its a great idea, says it all really.
And as for Hodge she should join the Tories if she thinks Corbyn should resign. The lack of left wing politics within this country (although they didn't help themselves in the 70's) has created the scenario we now see, no-one able to really question what our government has been doing all this time. We all know Blair was a true blue.

But he cried today at the outcome Rolling Eyes .....roll on Chilcot Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:46 pm

And the Blairites are as we speak are ousting the only true lefty to lead the party in years, that I am sad about. As for Boris and Farage they stand for me no more than Oddjob Osbourne and the Liar Cameron. This is a victory for the people who felel disenfranchised by the establishment, they must take note or take the consequences.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Brentexit? You've lost me Frank. What needs to happen is exactly the same as would have happened had the vote gone the other way, lick your wounds and get on with life. The reality is that life is outside the EU. Well never know what would happen had we stayed however what is clear is that 17milion people didn't believe what the government was saying, they should go IMO. I've just spoken to a friend of mine, well off middle class and he changed his vote to leave because all the vitriol and hate from the remainers made him. The whole country needs to take a hard look at itself unless the politics of hate and self stop the country will tear itself apart, like it or not 17million people cannot and will not be ignored.

"Brentexit" as in James Brent. As in the "ee saved us" argument that some use as a never ending shield against criticism of St Jimmy.

I think both sides need to show a bit of grace and humility. 16 million people did believe in what the Remain campaign were saying and are concerned as to what the future holds. And another 14 million or so didn't bother to vote.

What the Leave campaign need to do now is to come up with a plan on how they are going to sort this out and lead us into the future.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

"Brentexit" as in James Brent. As in the "ee saved us" argument that some use as a never ending shield against criticism of St Jimmy.

I think both sides need to show a bit of grace and humility. 16 million people did believe in what the Remain campaign were saying and are concerned as to what the future holds. And another 14 million or so didn't bother to vote.

What the Leave campaign need to do now is to come up with a plan on how they are going to sort this out and lead us into the future.

Good post.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
like it or not 17million people cannot and will not be ignored.

So, the great electorate have voted. The results are in and we all have to accept them.

We can all play with figures though.

What about the 29 million who didn't vote to leave?

Only 36% of the electorate voted to leave. If you count the whole population then it is only 26%.

Grumpy old men and women who will mostly have passed on before things are stable again (at what prosperity level though?) have basically fecked up the UK.

It's a mess at the moment alright. Once the impact really starts to affect people's pockets and jobs.....Then what? And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far).

Scotland will go. NI too?? Pretty soon, there will be nothing left to be proud of and our negotiating strength will have disappeared. We will be a third rate nation!!!!

The single market is our biggest asset. Why have we thrown it away? Please don't think that any future trade negotiation with the EU will be easy. Little England and Wales will need the EU far more than the EU needs little England and Wales.

It will be a take it or leave it deal involving the free movement of people and adopting ALL EU laws. Independance day my arse!. Hey, they might even insist on the euro and Schengen!!!!! You won't have to worry about immigrants though because nobody will want to come!

Also, if we don't have access to the single market, who will be interested in trading with us? What do we have (besides fish) that they would want?

What a sad day for the UK.

I wonder if I can apply for a Scottish passport..........

Please feel free to call me names and insult me in any way you think fit (why change now?).

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
This is a victory for the people who felel disenfranchised by the establishment, they must take note or take the consequences.

I thought it was about EU membership only?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: G   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Greenskin wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
A sign in a Greek hotel.

Who gives a shit!

Get over it Franny.

Indeed so. Wonder how long we'll have to put up with this crap? Wish he'd go and start his own website.

The thing is we have voted to leave the eu not the euro so whatever happens to the pound there is an exchange rate between them. The exchange rate moves up and down all day every day.

That sigh is a probably a made up one by a sad little remain voter who is pissed at the result.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

So, the great electorate have voted. The results are in and we all have to accept them.

Only 36% of the electorate voted to leave. If you count the whole population then it is only 26%.

Grumpy old men and women who will mostly have passed on before things are stable again (at what prosperity level though?) have basically fecked up the UK.

It's a mess at the moment alright. Once the impact really starts to affect people's pockets and jobs.....Then what? And it will get worse (as the experts have predicted - they have been right so far).

Scotland will go. NI too?? Pretty soon, there will be nothing left to be proud of and our negotiating strength will have disappeared. We will be a third rate nation!!!!

The single market is our biggest asset. Why have we thrown it away? Please don't think that any future trade negotiation with the EU will be easy. Little England and Wales will need the EU far more than the EU needs little England and Wales.

It will be a take it or leave it deal involving the free movement of people and adopting ALL EU laws. Independance day my arse!. Hey, they might even insist on the euro and Schengen!!!!! You won't have to worry about immigrants though because nobody will want to come!

Also, if we don't have access to the single market, who will be interested in trading with us? What do we have (besides fish) that they would want?

Please feel free to call me names and insult me in any way you think fit (why change now?).

So what bearing does those figures have when you apply them to the remain vote?

I still say any eu company on the continent that trades with the UK will continue to do so.

It is all scare stories and smears by the losers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:18 pm

This is the sort of thing that nationalism and protectionism  spawns.
I know of many places in Plymouth that have never accepted Scottish notes despite it being legal tender, ant there isn't even an exchange rate problem. Totem Timber for one. And many businesses don't accept cash at all.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

So what bearing does those figures have when you apply them to the remain vote?

I still say any eu company on the continent that trades with the UK will continue to do so.

It is all scare stories and smears by the losers.

I'm sorry MOG but it's just not going to be that easy. Nobody has any idea what will happen once the divorce starts. We don't even know what the make up of any UK will be.

Still, it's not over yet and the new PM may be in for a shock.....

What a mess we've put ourselves in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next