Les Miserable
Elias
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 10:36 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Croatia and Portugal is terrible. I turned over to watch the Musketeers.

Still 0-0 in extra time. Penalties looming.

Bet D'Artagnan will miss his.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Feel a bit sorry for the Irish player og but if he hadn't made contact the player behind would have knocked it in. Did I see Wales vs Belgium or Hungary ? Winnable.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:07 am

Fair play to Wales.

They could get to the SFs (next up are Hungary or Belgium), even to the final, not a bad return.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Ireland are very impressive, given they're playing skilled hosts.
The Ireland keeper is a very cool customer. Well done to him .
As I have said most of my life, come on you boys in green. Good to have a green team again I can get behind.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:53 pm

I cheer on the Irish with the same enthusiasm that they cheer on England.

That said, we could potentially have a great route to the Semi's if they can hang on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 pm

They're playing very well. Physical, direct and determined. They really could just shade this if they have a tad of luck. A second goal would seal it. Probably go to extra time though. Entertaining game, just as I like it.
I don't share the anti Irish thing. They live on these north west fringe islands the same as we do. They understand rain and wind as we do.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Tough for Ireland now. A goal and a man down.

France have lost two for their next game so far and if Giroud and Koscielny can pick up a silly yellow too........
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:41 pm

There's just something about the French that is unlikeable.

Not bad coming forward, but poor defensively.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Tough for Ireland now. A goal and a man down.

France have lost two for their next game so far and if Giroud and Koscielny can pick up a silly yellow too........

Should England beat Iceland, then France is the next team up as it stands. That will be a cracking game.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Jerry are looking mighty impressive atm, Moist must be moist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Good team foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Jerry are looking mighty impressive atm, Moist must be moist.

LOL

Not a bad game is it. As stated by some on here, teams can't really afford to put 11 man back in the knockout games.

Had there been so may gaps against England I wonder how many we might have got.

Looking forward to beating the Germans in the semis.........
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:51 pm

Totally dominant performance, efficiency personified.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Germans looking like the team to beat, Belgium good but seem to perform less than the sum of its parts should.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 pm

I'd say on paper Belgium have possibly the strongest squad at the tournament but as you say they don't quite seem to click as a team. I've got a feeling that missing so many chances could prove costly, Hungary are no mugs.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I'd say on paper Belgium have possibly the strongest squad at the tournament but as you say they don't quite seem to click as a team. I've got a feeling that missing so many chances could prove costly, Hungary are no mugs.

Was just about to say the same. Extra time?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Not now.......3 - 0
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:36 pm

All over now!!!!

Damage limitation for Hungary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Feckers have clicked now. lol! It cracked me up when the second one went in and the commentator said, "Lukaka probably sitting on the bench wondering why he never had a cross like that all night?"
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Different class from England. Looks like the German ability to pace a tournament is coming to the fore again. One odd stat given out by someone last night was that Germany have failed to beat Italy in 8 attempts in major championship finals. Of no particular relevance ATM but intriguing none the less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Italy have the fluence over Germany because they don't give them too much respect, and never have. They kick them and bully them, put them off their stride. And why not ? Provided it's within the rules of the game interpreted by the referee on the day. It's a physical contact sport, and everyone cheats throughout the 90 minutes in any case at this level.
If you let Germany strut with too much Corinthian space, they'll take you, unless you yourselves have the individuals to do the same, but better.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Different class from England. Looks like the German ability to pace a tournament is coming to the fore again. One odd stat given out by someone last night was that Germany have failed to beat Italy in 8 attempts in major championship finals. Of no particular relevance ATM but intriguing none the less.

Definitely seen by the Germans as their bogey team. I'm pretty sure it's in the plyer's minds as well.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:35 pm

1-0 Italy v Spain
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Including tonight, 10 Italian players are on a yellow! 7 are playing and 3 on the bench!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Good de gea save stops Italy going 2-0 up at ht.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The current game in progress thread..   The current game in progress thread.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The current game in progress thread..
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next