Les Miserable
SteelCannon
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

"Minute" silence - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Elias wrote:
To remember those who died in the blitz isnt 'worthy' ? Good grief.
If you can't be bothered to understand my sentiments clearly expressed above, you can feck off. I've had enough of the likes of you.

LOL..

Steady on m'lord...
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 pm

For years I have thought the number of ''silences'' and ''remembrance parades'' was totally diluting the actual Remembrance Day in November. The whole country remembers all those who have paid the ultimate price on Remembrance Day which covers all wars and conflicts. How many warships left Devonport in WW2 and were sunk with huge losses? Why do we not have a silence for them? Far far too many.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:10 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Thanks for that SC. For a moment, I thought you were getting all Bishop all over everyone. As it turns out, you were fecked off as much as anyone that yet another remembrance of tenuous death centuries ago of mortal folk was politically decided upon by, I would assume, the club. Just who do they think they are when unsuspecting customers and fans turn up for some innocent sport ?
I'll tell you something about the bombing raids in Plymouth. There is STILL a bombed out crescent in Stonehouse where I used to live. No one has decided to put up the money to rebuild the crescent in honour of the 10 people that died that night, despite planning permission being given years ago. Yet, speculators, like Brent, are looking instead at green space to put residential accomodation on in several areas of far more profitable Central Park. That's the reality of respect in Plymouth, and at the football club. It's all bullshit, business and parish politics.
I detest their stance on so many things these days. What's happened to the club I have followed ? I still can't rid my head of that Newcastle joke, that was nothing more than pissing on Argyle fans the very night of our relegation, just to please the wider football WCup  authorities. How dare they.

Keeping it real as always, dear boy....................

The low grade, holier than thou, don't you know who I am, Avivafesting continues apace at Home Park and gentleman jim has all the covering fire he requires to get on with his real business...................... just sitting on it while the wannabes play.

Nauseating.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
There's your answer. So sorry for not answering within a minute of my post.....

Funny, you started the thread at 18.03 and you answered at 18.35. I make that 32 of them.

Oh, you posted at 18.26 so it could have been only 23 minutes but never mind!

I was merely pointing out that I don't, after making a post, stand here poised with phone in hand waiting for replies to come up in case a question comes up.

And my original point was to ask what whistle people heard that ended the silence? I was in block 2 and I didn't hear a whistle......
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:54 am

Rickler wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
There's your answer. So sorry for not answering within a minute of my post.....

Talking of answers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Frank and I need one.

Thanks.

I have responded on that thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 8:15 pm

I understand some of the sentiments on here and some i don't, but a minute of our time doesn't seem much of an ask really does it ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 am

Most football people seem to love a minute's silence, or nowadays applause, showing their 'respect'................before they get back to foul rantings and abuse that reveals what sad, tribal arseholes they really are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

Graiser wrote:
I understand some of the sentiments on here and some i don't, but a minute of our time doesn't seem much of an ask really does it ?

You've missed the point as usual. It's not the time they take Its the fact that constant minute silences dilute their effect. We used to only take a minute to remember our war dead, now it feels like almost every week you're being asked to observe a minutes silence for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:37 am

Can we all have a minutes silence for PASOTI please? It's been dead for ages and frankly is starting to smell a bit, it really should be buried, peeeeeppppppppp......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 am

I was reasonably happy with the silence once a year. That remembers all those poor fallen souls of many generations conscripted up at the Riflemans or wherever, to fight wars, against their better sober judgement. I also understood the Churchill silence.

It all went wrong with the Diana thing. Her death and it's circumstances hit a note with the whole population somewhere, and for a while it shook the monarchy and the establishment. Even the untouchable on was under threat. It was the start of the 2 minute silence, almost demanded by the extraordinary circumstances. After they recovered their footing, and not to be outdone, the conservative with a small c establishment extended their own annual silence needlessly to 2 minutes, and then silences to every known excuse under the sun for very dubious reasons. Not so much nation building as regime maintenance. The age of overt outpouring of "respect" had arrived, or rather, returned.  It's been downhill ever since.

Can we have a minute's silence please for Akkeron Hotels and the great Civic Centre plan. This will be another first in football. The first internet minute's silence. I will blow my whistle with my next post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:56 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:03 am

Peeep.

Well done ATD cheers cheers cheers
Impeccably observed, apart from the Tavi poacher over on Half Time wittering on about the EU. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 am

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:36 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Peeep.

Well done ATD cheers cheers cheers
Impeccably observed, apart from the Tavi poacher over on Half Time wittering on about the EU. Very Happy

You're silence was just plagerism of my pasoti silence that was completely ruined by the mods all taking the piss and clapping half way through.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Somebody outside the ground whistled FFS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

You've missed the point as usual. It's not the time they take Its the fact that constant minute silences dilute their effect. We used to only take a minute to remember our war dead, now it feels like almost every week you're  being asked to observe a minutes silence for one reason or another.

I haven't missed your point at all, for those that want to revert to type and who like to just moan about anything going, you crack on, but for a minute of our time I just don't see the point in getting so wound about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks for reverting to type, Graiser. Crack on.
Well argued logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Thanks for reverting to type, Graiser. Crack on.
Well argued logic.

"Revert to type" that's rich coming from you, it's all about opinions, if they don't suit you or anybody else, just too fecking bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 8:05 pm

I despair lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I despair lol!

"You despair" your so precious aren't you, despair is what those families who lost their relatives and friends at Hillsborough feel or are you fed up with the repetition of that as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Graiser wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
I despair lol!

"You despair" your so precious aren't you, despair is what those families who lost their relatives and friends at Hillsborough feel or are you fed up with the repetition of that as well

Won't somebody please think of the children Graiser. In fact let's have a minutes silence....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 am

What's good for the goose etc............
With that in mind, today it so happens to be the worlwide Workers Memorial Day to remember those countless souls no longer with us who have died at the workplace striving to give us all a better life. There will be a minute's silence at noon for those that want to show their respect. As Graiser says, surely a minute out of our day is not a lot to lose. Lest we forget.
Maybe Jimmy could arrange a tribute at the next home game. He's into employees' rights and interests.

TUC wrote:
The purpose behind Workers' Memorial Day has always been to "remember the dead: fight for the living" and unions are asked to focus on both areas, by considering events or memorial to remember all those killed through work but at the same time ensuring that such tragedies are not repeated. That can best be done by building trade union organisation, and campaigning for stricter enforcement with higher penalties for breaches of health & safety laws.  

Especially poignant today as Pritti Patel was on the radio this morning opening the Brexit campaign for "lighter workers/packaging/food regulation" in a separate UK out of the EU. Whatever could be their intention ? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Confirmed just a pair of pricks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2