SteelCannon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Seems some people don't know what a whistle sounds like....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:06 pm

It was a long minute though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Whos died ?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 pm

They did at Pompey!
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:15 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Seems some people don't know what a whistle sounds like....

Do I detect another "they don't respect nufink" post.
Was there yet another minute's silence at Home Park today ? And if so, what for FFS ?
Attending public sport is getting a bit like a school assembly. Take yer cap off and thank yer betters.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I ask again......whos died ?( apaft from the automatic promotion dream)
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Some decided to start cheering be fire the minute was up...before hastily shutting up again. Just wondered what whistle they thought they heard?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Elias wrote:

The bloke who discovered Portland cement, or something.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks Les.

Maybe SteelCannon is taking a leaf out of the club's book and not answering a direct question!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 pm

There was 1 mins silence today to remember those who were killed in the blitz of 1941 (75 years this weekend) and the direct hit on the air raid shelter in portland square.

Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:34 pm

It was for people who died in a part of Plymouth in the war? Didn't really hear what the announcer said. I do agree of you start having them all the time, they lose their poignancy. One day we'll start having them for someone's pet rabbit and I mean no disrespect for genuine moments and people when I say that.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:35 pm

There's your answer. So sorry for not answering within a minute of my post.....
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:40 pm

drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:52 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Talking of answers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Frank and I need one.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Elias wrote:

Where the feck have you been? Didn't you hear that Prince died FFS!
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Thanks for that SC. For a moment, I thought you were getting all Bishop all over everyone. As it turns out, you were fecked off as much as anyone that yet another remembrance of tenuous death centuries ago of mortal folk was politically decided upon by, I would assume, the club. Just who do they think they are when unsuspecting customers and fans turn up for some innocent sport ?
I'll tell you something about the bombing raids in Plymouth. There is STILL a bombed out crescent in Stonehouse where I used to live. No one has decided to put up the money to rebuild the crescent in honour of the 10 people that died that night, despite planning permission being given years ago. Yet, speculators, like Brent, are looking instead at green space to put residential accomodation on in several areas of far more profitable Central Park. That's the reality of respect in Plymouth, and at the football club. It's all bullshit, business and parish politics.
I detest their stance on so many things these days. What's happened to the club I have followed ? I still can't rid my head of that Newcastle joke, that was nothing more than pissing on Argyle fans the very night of our relegation, just to please the wider football WCup  authorities. How dare they.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:01 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
It was for people who died in a part of Plymouth in the war? Didn't really hear what the announcer said. I do agree of you start having them all the time, they lose their poignancy. One day we'll start having them for someone's pet rabbit and I mean no disrespect for genuine moments and people when I say that.

A very worthy reason. Shame but im afraid i concur with others here.....once there was a minutes silence when two kids had been murdered.
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:06 pm

It's not worthy at all. We all die. Look at my post above to understand just how little respect these people actually have for the bombed out folk of Plymouth. I detest being made to be part of some agenda just by turning up at a football match. There were alterior motives for that silence today. You can bet your life on it. And one more thing.......2020, the Brent schmooze has started.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 pm

To remember those who died in the blitz isnt 'worthy' ? Good grief.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Part of the Demport started clapping at about 45 seconds because a whistle was blown from outside of the ground, that they mistakenly had thought to be refs whistle.

I concur that there seem to be black arm bands and a minutes silence every other week these days. But on this occasion, given the poignancy, it was more than justified.
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:25 pm

i got into the ground just after it ended i wasnt aware who it was for or why so i asked the guy sat next to me who told me it was for Prince!!!!

of course i didnt believe him, reading this thread now is how i have learnt who it was actually for.
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:33 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Elias wrote:

Where the feck have you been? Didn't you hear that Prince died FFS!

It ws me you were sat next to Angers, shame you didn't introduce yourself. Razz
Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Elias wrote:
To remember those who died in the blitz isnt 'worthy' ? Good grief.
If you can't be bothered to understand my sentiments clearly expressed above, you can feck off. I've had enough of the likes of you.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:37 pm

i agree there seems to be a mins silence to much these days at argyle but this one is justified for me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:45 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Funny, you started the thread at 18.03 and you answered at 18.35. I make that 32 of them.

Oh, you posted at 18.26 so it could have been only 23 minutes but never mind!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Minute" silence Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Minute" silence   "Minute" silence Empty

Back to top Go down

"Minute" silence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next