LondonGreen
Dick Trickle
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread Empty
PostSubject: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle

Man in the middle  TIM ROBINSON GAMES 30 YELLOWS  135 REDS 8
Refereed us twice this season showed 6 yellows 3 in each game

Assisted by Ian Cooper and Adam Crysell

Fourth Official Anthony Da Costa 

Argyle news

Players were in for training today, no new on injuries, hoping Forster and Sawyer will be added the squad

more new to follow, if I can edit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 am

Looking forward to this one now. Having a few beers in Befnel Green beforehand and a lot after. Apologies to the GiddyIans as my mate has bought the tickets so I can't let you know where I am sitting.

Last edited by Frank Bullitt on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 am

Mods mobbing up. Likewise looking forward to a few ales in Leytonstone with Innocent. Found a couple of cracking boozers.

Geddon.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:38 am

I shall be there too to sample the delight of the lovely Leyton area...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Mods mobbing up. Likewise looking forward to a few ales in Leytonstone with Innocent. Found a couple of cracking boozers.

Geddon.

Geddon player

Will be in touch today with beer menu
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 am

LondonGreen wrote:
I shall be there too to sample the delight of the lovely Leyton area...
cant make this one so i will just have to miss out the joys of this comopolitan hotbed of culture of leyton lol!
But one thing i do miss is me pie & mash Wink
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:30 pm

One I was looking forward to. Unable to travel owning to unfinished decorating. Youngest son lived in Leyton (Crawley Rd)when he was doing his master degree.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Loads of pressure on both teams. Leyton O have to win this home fixture to stay in the play-off race.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Tgwu wrote:
One I was looking forward to. Unable to travel owning to unfinished decorating. Youngest son lived in Leyton (Crawley Rd)when he was doing his master degree.

You need to reclaim possession of those trousers she's wearing, TG.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 pm

I ll be there, hope i dont bump into any afc sympathisers !
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

You need to reclaim possession of those trousers she's wearing, TG.

Two
Gonads
Were
Unbolted
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Striker reflects on Daggers win and previews Plymouth encounter

Striker Jay Simpson will be hoping the O’s can carry on where they left off on Saturday when they entertain Plymouth Argyle at the Matchroom Stadium tomorrow evening.

The O’s ended a run of four games without victory by overcoming the Daggers 3-2 – thanks to two from Simpson and one for strike partner Armand Gnanduillet.

The goals ended a seven-game drought for the 24-goal man, and fresh from breaking the barren run, is keen to replicate his display in front of goal against fifth-placed Argyle.

“The quick turnaround will hopefully give us that confidence going into the game, but we know it will be tough against a side still fighting to go up automatically,” Simpson told Orient PlayerHD.

“We made it hard for ourselves in the end at the weekend, but we showed a bit of character to overcome that. It’s been a tough couple of months for me but I was delighted to get a couple against Dagenham and the three points as well.

“It’s been a tough week but it was nice to give the fans something to cheer about and the early goal settled everyone down.

“I was disappointed to not get the hat-trick against Dagenham, but I couldn’t have done much more without the ball going in the back of the net.”

Despite Saturday’s win the O’s still remain two points off AFC Wimbledon, who currently occupy the final Play-Off spot, and Simpson knows they have to put a good run together over these final four games to give themselves the best possible opportunity of a Play-Off place.

“We are two points off the Play-Offs at the moment, but in any division you want to go into the Play-Offs with some momentum,” he added.

“The sides that do that tend to do well and hopefully that can be us. We have four games to go now and we will keep on pushing.”

Get behind the O's for the final three home games of the season

At present the team sit just outside the Play-Off places with just two points separating us from seventh position in the table. Here at Orient, we’re desperate to get into those play-off places and win promotion and we really need your help.

In order to boost the team’s chances of success with three games to go, we’d like to offer a special deal – if you buy a ticket for the games against Dagenham & Redbridge and Plymouth Argyle, we will give you a free ticket for the match against Mansfield Town.

This offer applies to all prices categories and all areas of the ground, so it is a considerable saving compared to our normal ticket prices.

We have three games left this season and we want to fill the stadium and make as much noise as possible and cheer the team on towards those vital three points!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:18 am

Freathy wrote:
Loads of pressure on both teams.  Leyton O have to win this home fixture to stay in the play-off race.

That's as close to optimism as I've ever seen one of your preview comments come, Freathy Wink
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 6:19 am

Leyton news

Leyton Orient interim boss Andy Hessenthaler admits owner Francesco Becchetti helped pick team to face Dagenham & Redbridge

Rumours have circulated of the Italian owner making team selections and when quizzed after today's clash, Hessenthaler said the owner had played some part in this.

The former Gillingham boss said: “It was the staff who got together, Andy [Edwards], Webby [Peter Webb] and Richard Thomas along with the owner, I’ll be honest.

We sat round a table and that is the team we put together.

He said: “I don’t think we can look beyond anything other than the next game, which sounds cliché, but it is true.

We’re playing on Tuesday against Plymouth, who will be full of confidence and difficult to beat.

But we know what we have to do and we just have to make sure we put another performance together on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Leyton injurie list

It is a massive game and we need to improve on what we showed at the weekend and in terms of the goals that we gave away,” Hessenthaler told leytonorient.com.

“Plymouth are a very good team and having won on Saturday at Portsmouth they will be full of confidence.

“We know what we have got to do. We have to make sure we put in another performance tonight and try and get the positive result we all want.”

Injuries and illnesses have beset the O’s squad in recent weeks and provided an update on the likes of Sammy Moore, Jobi McAnuff and Nigel Atangana, with the latter coming off on Saturday with a hamstring problem.

“Hopefully Sammy will be available for tonight but he has had a bad virus and has been out for a while,” he added.

“Jack Payne was back on the bench against Dagenham but hasn’t done a lot of training and Nigel picked up a hamstring problem in the Dagenham game so is a doubt, while Jobi will be out for a few more weeks.”

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Just realised the fa cup steelers are playing at dagenham ! Lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 2:10 pm

POTG tonight news

We have returned a few hundred tickets to Orient, and we are told they will be sold on the gate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I don't remember us ever winning at Brisbane Road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:23 pm

No rallying calls from Webby as yet either.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:58 pm

His hands and middle leg is to busy doing other things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:07 pm

In the William IV for a livener, ahead of meeting Dick T. COYG (and beers).
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
No rallying calls from Webby as yet either.
his to busy singing play up pompey from saturday lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:
rather him than me have you seen the state of her lol!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:49 pm

[quote="Hugh Watt"]I don't remember us ever winning at Brisbane Road.[/quot

We drew 2-2 (Green, Mariner) in Sept 1976...the year that we set up PASALB (40yrs old this year)....then got relegated to the old Div3.

Next time we played them was in Div3 in 1982/3 when we won 2-0 ....(Hodges, McCartney).
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:58 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
rather him than me have you seen the state of her lol!

Careful Reg, mage might knock you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyton Orient v Plymouth Argyle match thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next