18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:37 pm

zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Give me strength...

Other opinions to take on board Les.....this isn't a closed shop...like some would prefer.

Leave the mods out of this they do a hard job for no pay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:38 pm

zyph wrote:
Maybe the administration debt is more important at present to clear...after the failure of the Grandstand replacement (what ever size) plans went wrong....a proper Grandstand development without the none football add ons is surely the correct way ahead....including al the associated football additions with it.......club shop....new offices etc......and a green army bar and restuarant....much missed at the moment a source of income much missed.

No problem with that. So where's the money coming from? Not from James Brent if his record in Plymouth and Torquay is anything to go by.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:
The most disturbing aspect about some of the above posts is that absolutely zero thought seems to have been given about the longer term prospects of the club under the current board.For sure,on the field matters have improved vastly compared to the dark Fletcher days-the appointment of two managers who knew what they were doing certainly helped and their hiring is to the board's credit.But can anyone honestly say that the longer term prospects are any brighter now than when Mr Brent took over? IMHO,it certainly isn't impossible for Argyle to "do a Swansea,Bournemouth,Hull" if the infrastructure and finance are right.But plainly [one look at the ground and training facilities is confirmation] that is not the case and a massive opportunity is being wasted to put things right-we are no better off [probably worse off in fact] than in 2002 when the clubs rise up the leagues was not backed up sufficiently off the field with the inevitable crash and burn scenario.I thought it was an extraordinary statement from Mr Brent awhile back that the club are not looking for extra investment,especially when the success of the clubs mentioned earlier and now possibly Bristol Rovers,would indicate that is a prime requisite for real progress.Why would that be? It will certainly be needed on field next season with the cessation of the emergency loan system,let alone for the more long term issues.Nobody was more delighted than me when Argyle won on Friday-the sooner the club is out of this division the better-but to let it cloud discussion about future prospects is not the way to go and clearly there have been issues even this season with the allocated budget,which has been constantly referred to by DA in his press releases and conferences.If Argyle fail to go up,then that period from Christmas onwards when injuries and suspensions really kicked in will have been crucial,surely food for thought for even the most die hard loyalist.

A good post Skinny and what I would have said if I could be bothered. It's actually occurred to me that some people might enjoy backing the wrong horse, does the boom and bust with resulting claps on the back for supporting the newest squire to tug yer forelock to actually turn some people on? Stapleton has gone from Hero to villain after having the same protectionist ring around him until his bubble burst. Never again was the cry and we have Brent and his brown shirts telling us it could always be worse and why should we assume the worst? The answer of course is history.
If the Brentorian guard would only allow it we may now actually be in a position to know what the amount of club debt is that they keep harping on about paying, as it is we can only guess but it gives the apologists a straw to clutch to.
Something Brent should remember is that most of the Roman Emperors were killed by the praetorians when he didn't keep upping their wages, fickle feckers that they are.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Feck me, Boateng's got a lot to answer for !
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 pm

There seems to be a whole lot made about the protection afforded Brent by Nool and Co. But actually, what is that protection in reality ? Just stopping a few souls having an online pop on Pasoti, and no more. And the subjugation of one online forum has just succeeded in creating this one, so no big deal. The only success Nool can claim is the bullying of a few youngsters on the AFT. And that wasn't anything to do with Brent, but purely Nool seeing the AFT as competitors for attention from the squire. That's the main reason he has always undermined them.
If Pasoti were pro Brent or anti Brent, it wouldn't make the slightest difference to Brent's intentions. I've seen their "demonstration" capabilities at first hand, and believe me, they're a bunch of pussies. Toothless wonders looking blankly at each other wondering what on earth to do. They couldn't organise a demonstration in a brewery, and never have.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Give me strength...

Other opinions to take on board Les.....this isn't a closed shop...like some would prefer.

Leave the mods out of this they do a hard job for no pay. Very Happy

Nothing wrong with the present mods....in the past there have been dodgy ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boateng - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boateng
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4