Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Surprised by this but (as has been said) its far too late. Will come in handy if we make the play-offs though.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Good news but really emphasises the pitfalls of over reliance on loan signings and the whims of other clubs. Great to see him back though, hopefully it will be the boost that Argyle desperately need.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Angry wrote:
the other two threads not enough to post in zyph? lol

Obviously not....but you'll be there to let me know of course.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Excellent news.

Let's hope he carries on where he left off.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:48 pm

we may aswell send matt back early i say or naridello if matt's loan can be extended. no point in having 7 loan signings and only able to have 5 in any match day squad. Threlkeld is off on the 9th April as we know so the number will drop to 5 then.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Angry wrote:
we may aswell send matt back early i say or naridello if matt's loan can be extended. no point in having 7 loan signings and only able to have 5 in any match day squad. Threlkeld is off on the 9th April as we know so the number will drop to 5 then.

Houghton would be the obvious one to drop but I also agree with you Matt will probably be sacrificed given his loan expiry. What a position for a manager to be in at this stage of the season and it's hardly the 'headache' you'd want to have.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:

Houghton would be the obvious one to drop but I also agree with you Matt will probably be sacrificed given his loan expiry.  What a position for a manager to be in at this stage of the season and it's hardly the 'headache' you'd want to have.

Houghton is a genuine midfielder something we need more of even with Boateng coming in plus he is here for the rest of the season so it makes sense to keep him here not to mention threlkeld is going back to bolton which will leave us short in that postition and simpson cant kick a ball without taking time off to recover.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:

Houghton would be the obvious one to drop but I also agree with you Matt will probably be sacrificed given his loan expiry.  What a position for a manager to be in at this stage of the season and it's hardly the 'headache' you'd want to have.

Houghton is a genuine midfielder something we need more of even with Boateng coming in plus he is here for the rest of the season so it makes sense to keep him here not to mention threlkeld is going back to bolton which will leave us short in that postition and simpson cant kick a ball without taking time off to recover.

I'd happily keep 'em all but our job at the moment is second guessing Brent and his budget. It seems to me he has now overspent because he didn't spend in January. Same as last year. Hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Matt's loan being extended, which is a pity.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Excellent news.

It will be fascinating to see if he is the missing link. It all went pear shaped after his injury, barring the winter holiday success.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Is Boateng a loan signing?
Well he must be because you can't sign permanent deals with players from other clubs. Thought you might have known that SS68.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Tiger. I think you'll find Suffers was mocking.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Excellent news.

It will be fascinating to see if he is the missing link. It all went pear shaped after his injury, barring the winter holiday success.

I think he was the missing link but I'm less sure that he still is.

The early part of the season was fantastic: new season; faith in the new manager; new players; new team; optimism. It was all there to see us succeed and for a while we did. Our bandwagon was rolling and momentum was with us.

Obviously things changed and the change seemed to coincide with Boateng's injury but now we have a very different set of circumstances - where there was once not a cloud in our sky we now have a cloud around every silver lining: questions about the manager; unsettled team; fans scapegoating players; injuries; players playing out of position; poor recent results; momentum gone from positive to neutral and well into negative.

Boateng's return is a massive boon but will it be enough to reverse our direction of travel? Let's hope so.

Boateng coming back allows the re-introduction of a lin-up along the lines of:

McCormick

Mellor Nelson Hartley Sawyer

McHugh Boateng

Carey

Jervis Reid Wylde

... and that did the biz earlier in the year.

The chances of it working are there but with confidence at an obvious low ebb it is going to be tough.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 12:09 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Oh yea - I'm old with limited brain cells left. tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 12:46 am

Lord Biro wrote:

It went well over his head rest assured and currently floating somewhere in the Channel.......
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:09 am

Crystal Palace view on the loan move

Crystal Palace have confirmed that midfielder Hiram Boateng has joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the 2015-16 season.

A statement released on Palace's official website read: "Hiram Boateng has joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the season, having already spent time with The Pilgrims earlier this term.

"Boateng will remain at Argyle until the 7th May 2016, though there is the option for his loan to be extended if the League Two side finish the campaign in the play-offs.

"The 20-year-old was forced to cut short his first stint in Devon due to injury and made his Premier League debut during the months he was back in south London, but he will now return to Home Park in an effort to help Argyle secure promotion to League One."

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:41 am

Tgwu wrote:
Crystal Palace view on the loan move

Crystal Palace have confirmed that midfielder Hiram Boateng has joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the 2015-16 season.

A statement released on Palace's official website read: "Hiram Boateng has joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the season, having already spent time with The Pilgrims earlier this term.

"Boateng will remain at Argyle until the 7th May 2016, though there is the option for his loan to be extended if the League Two side finish the campaign in the play-offs.

"The 20-year-old was forced to cut short his first stint in Devon due to injury and made his Premier League debut during the months he was back in south London, but he will now return to Home Park in an effort to help Argyle secure promotion to League One."

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:

I'd happily keep 'em all but our job at the moment is second guessing Brent and his budget.  It seems to me he has now overspent because he didn't spend in January.  Same as last year.  Hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Matt's loan being extended, which is a pity.

Exactly, why weaken the squad if you don't have to ? It's not as if we can't afford to keep them all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:11 pm

Hiram Boateng ‏@Hiram_8 5h5 hours ago

Delighted to be back on loan at @Only1Argyle until the end of the season! Now time to push for this promotion
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:47 am

Good news to have this player back.
Regarding the " too little too late" cries aimed at Brent. If this refers Boateng himself, did the club even have a choice? My understanding is Palace would not release him due to injuries in their squad.

Criticism of the club should be based on the available EVIDENCE, and in this matter it is clear they have done what they could.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 am

Its got nothing to do with wether Palace would release him or not. Its to do with brent and the useless board not funding a core squad needed to get out of this appalling division (despite one of the highest attendances) and forcing DA to depend on the unreliable loan system. The very welcome return of this player wont help as the damage is already done.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:43 am

Of course its good he's back, given his previous level of performance wearing the green stripes.
Stating the bleeding obvious we need six points from the next two games whether Boateng is playing or not.
I don't think the York game will be at all easy.
It's in our hands still.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 am

nzgreen wrote:
Regarding the " too little too late" cries aimed at Brent. If this refers Boateng himself, did the club even have a choice? My understanding is Palace would not release him due to injuries in their squad.

Criticism of the club should be based on the available EVIDENCE, and in this matter it is clear they have done what they could.

And what EVIDENCE to based your facts have you seen all the way over there in new zealand?
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 3:48 am

Angry wrote:
nzgreen wrote:

And what EVIDENCE to based your facts have you seen all the way over there in new zealand?

You're funny!
Yes here in NZ's West Island we don't get internet, can't read, can't form our own opinions and we aren't praaaper faaans, cos we don't live within earshot of the dockyard siren.

Now where have I heard this train of argument before? Oh yeah. That's it. That forum which used to be really good till it got taken over by that porky fella. What's his name again?

Last edited by nzgreen on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 3:51 am

Well done Plymouth Argyle FC on a good away win.
Back to top Go down

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:10 am

Was Bwoteng any good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boateng   Boateng - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boateng
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next