sufferedsince 68
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

BRENT OUT. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Graiser wrote:
I don't think Adams should be escaping from all this all this vitriol, WTF's the point of playing one up front at Home FFS, we did play some good stuff but the final third we were fecked in our thinking and some credit to Luton's defence as well.

Adams done everything he could to lift the club and increased attendances as a result. What more could he have done to get the support he needed in January?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
I don't think Adams should be escaping from all this all this vitriol, WTF's the point of playing one up front at Home FFS, we did play some good stuff but the final third we were fecked in our thinking and some credit to Luton's defence as well.

DA kept Argyle top 3 for as long as he did despite brent. I don't care what the on message brentophiles say it's 100% brent's fault we'll still be stuggling div 4 shit next season. Don't worry though, DA will be gone soon enough - to a proper team with a proper owner.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Oxford didn't put up with kassam whom is the same as Brent. A property developer. We just seem to tug our forelocks bow down and move on ton the next season it's sad really
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The sheepo are baying for Adams blood.. New manager next season? Jesus how many good managers do we have to sack before they realise the issues is elsewhere
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:04 pm

I can see that thread being shut down soon..
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:05 pm

argyl3 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The sheepo are baying for Adams blood.. New manager next season? Jesus how many good managers do we have to sack before they realise the issues is elsewhere

Thick as pigshit all of them. They have the joke of a club they deserve. I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:16 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Oxford didn't put up with kassam whom is the same as Brent. A property developer. We just seem to tug our forelocks bow down and move on ton the next season it's sad really

The cap doffing gene is strong in this neck of the woods, beggin'y'pardon squire. If the miners strike had happened down 'ere it would've lasted 3 or 4 days before the inevitable cave in. As a people, militant we aint.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:17 pm

They're absolute clowns but surely we don't have 8000 of them. Failure this season must surely spell the end of the reluctant one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Has the tight fisted cvnt ever paid a transfer fee in his 5 years at the club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Has the tight fisted cvnt ever paid a transfer fee in his 5 years at the club?

i believe he paid a fiver for cowan-hall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:24 pm

I was thinking about this and January in particular earlier on when waiting for the inevitable " where's Messi? Do you expect Argyle to pay millions for a striker when we have debts to pay bullcrap?" and no I don't expect Messi, I don't expect a £4m striker to turn up even, not even a signing of £500k, I'd be gobsmacked if we paid say £150k for a Hourihane level player. What I was hoping for though was for Adams to be given enough of a wage budget to pay the wages of say four players of the equal to the players that Accrington, Northampton, Oxford and Rovers managed to sign with gates of 25% of ours or less. It's a fecking joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

The cap doffing gene is strong in this neck of the woods,  beggin'y'pardon squire. If the miners strike had happened down 'ere it would've lasted 3 or 4 days before the inevitable cave in. As a people, militant we aint.

In this neck of the woods we would have had the union boss driving over to Poland to bring the scabs in for the bosses. We wouldn't have even had a strike.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

The cap doffing gene is strong in this neck of the woods,  beggin'y'pardon squire. If the miners strike had happened down 'ere it would've lasted 3 or 4 days before the inevitable cave in. As a people, militant we aint.

Some of us are.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Green mugs2

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:00 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
I was thinking about this and January in particular earlier on when waiting for the inevitable " where's Messi? Do you expect Argyle to pay millions for a striker when we have debts to pay bullcrap?" and no I don't expect Messi, I don't expect a £4m striker to turn up even, not even a signing of £500k, I'd be gobsmacked if we paid say £150k for a Hourihane level player. What I was hoping for though was for Adams to be given enough of a wage budget to pay the wages of say four players of the equal to the players that Accrington, Northampton, Oxford and Rovers managed to sign with gates of 25% of ours or less. It's a fecking joke.

My first post on here after registering a while ago. I have to be honest, I've found some of the anti-Brent stuff on here a bit extreme. I don't consider myself an 'Aviva' (whatever that's meant to mean, by the way), nor a freak (not sure about that either). As an exile (and I know that is a dirty word to some) I read both to try and get a feel for things. I started that thread as I couldn't believe some of the grief being directed at Adams. Has he got things wrong? Undoubtedly, but it just appears in the absence of Mellor or any of the other usual suspects, Adams is the next target. I felt my points were valid, but a part from one to two, most seem to gave missed the thrust of my argument.

The above sums it up for me, yet the main argument over there seems to be that Northampton, Accrington and Oxford ( Shocked ) are over-achieving, so why aren't we. I don't get it.

Am I disappointed at things sliding away? Of course. Did I expect automatic promotion this season? No.

I didn't intend my post as an anti-Brent rant, but the question of how long he gets a free ride is valid and not one of the replies seems to have considered that. Not trying to play to an audience with that, but constant scape-goating without the board being questioned is just starting to make me uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:13 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Some of us are.

Keyboard militancy won't suffice.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:02 am

The amount of Avivas on the FB groups blaming it all entirely on Adams is simply staggering with no mention of that lovely man at the helm..... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
The amount of Avivas on the FB groups blaming it all entirely on Adams is simply staggering with no mention of that lovely man at the helm..... jocolor

I'm lost for words where they're concerned. I really hoped "the fans get the club they deserve" would've been smashed down and beaten should we fail to go up this season but they're kicking their heels in deeper than ever. I'm at the stage now they can have their club, feck 'em. Plymouth Parkway seems a better bet.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:50 am

Too many fans are thick and easily led. Green jim spotted this from the outset. That is why he rewarded his janner jamboy cheerleaders with seats in the DB, loyal Avivas like drummer boy n sue buckets get titles, he loves a tent, volunteers and a bucket rattle, while the sheep file in to rub shoulders with past 'legends' and get their mugs on GOS.

It is as predictable as it is cynical by the city boy.

From Animal Farm..................for 'Animalism' read 'Avivaness'

'But the luxuries of which Snowball had once taught the animals to dream, the stalls with electric light and hot and cold water, and the three-day week, were no longer talked about. Napoleon had denounced such ideas as contrary to the spirit of Animalism. The truest happiness, he said, lay in working hard and living frugally.'................and taking part in auctions, bucket rattles, the wheeling out ex players etc etc etc brain dead wannabes.............very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:12 am

Tringreen wrote:
Too many fans are thick and easily led. Green jim spotted this from the outset. That is why he rewarded his janner jamboy cheerleaders with seats in the DB, loyal Avivas like drummer boy n sue buckets get titles, he loves a tent, volunteers and a bucket rattle, while the sheep file in to rub shoulders with past 'legends' and get their mugs on GOS.

It is as predictable as it is cynical by the city boy.

From Animal Farm..................for 'Animalism' read 'Avivaness'

'But the luxuries of which Snowball had once taught the animals to dream, the stalls with electric light and hot and cold water, and the three-day week, were no longer talked about. Napoleon had denounced such ideas as contrary to the spirit of Animalism. The truest happiness, he said, lay in working hard and living frugally.'................and taking part in auctions, bucket rattles, the wheeling out ex players etc etc etc  brain dead wannabes.............very sad.

That's about it Tringy - HP is our pen.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 am

Green mugs2 wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

My first post on here after registering a while ago. I have to be honest, I've found some of the anti-Brent stuff on here a bit extreme. I don't consider myself an 'Aviva' (whatever that's meant to mean, by the way), nor a freak (not sure about that either). As an exile (and I know that is a dirty word to some) I read both to try and get a feel for things. I started that thread as I couldn't believe some of the grief being directed at Adams. Has he got things wrong? Undoubtedly, but it just appears in the absence of Mellor or any of the other usual suspects, Adams is the next target. I felt my points were valid, but a part from one to two, most seem to gave missed the thrust of my argument.

The above sums it up for me, yet the main argument over there seems to be that Northampton, Accrington and Oxford ( Shocked ) are over-achieving, so why aren't we. I don't get it.

Am I disappointed at things sliding away? Of course. Did I expect automatic promotion this season? No.

I didn't intend my post as an anti-Brent rant, but the question of how long he gets a free ride is valid and not one of the replies seems to have considered that. Not trying to play to an audience with that, but constant scape-goating without the board being questioned is just starting to make me uneasy.

So youre not anti brent ? .no bother here son, you get posting !
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Well look on the bright side - The Reluctant Bidder has at least given you a unique claim to fame.

You must be the only club to be taken for a ride by a rapacious property developer who doesn't develop any of your property.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:46 pm

I think we know that Jabba ,thanks for the insight
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Although, despite the understandable gloom, you're hardly out of it yet, there are some interesting parrallels with our season in 2012-3.

Some of you may remember that we spent nearly all of that season until very late on (March/April) in the automatic or playoff spots, before stumbling at the final hurdle. We too had a thin squad that ultimately couldn't cope with injuries to key players. I suppose the difference is that we had a good reason for giving Tisdale the fourth-lowest budget in the division, whereas you have a supposedly wealthy former Master of The Universe financier in charge.

I don't really lurk on PASOTI like I do here sometimes, but if its true that the tone is predominantly one of attacking Adams - who seems to be a decent manager with a bit of tactical flexibility - instead of asking the blindingly obvious questions, then I'm surprised. I thought this would be the moment when things got a bit uncomfortable for the CITI/cityboy and his cronies. You have to hand it to them for being absolute experts at dodging flak ("chaff" is the word I think fighter pilots use - oh the irony).

BTW - somebody I know who works in SW football reminded me last night how I scoffed when he told me a while ago, while you were way out in front of the chasing pack, that he thought you would implode due to The Reluctant Bidder's parsimonious attitude and the consequent lack of depth available to Adams. (One thousand per cent true story).
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:06 pm

You never mentioned it at the time.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Graiser wrote:
I don't think Adams should be escaping from all this all this vitriol...

Well obviously I haven't seen you play much, but it's not that long ago since I read and heard him being complimented in the media for shrewd  tactical changes and so on.

Quote :
WTF's the point of playing one up front at Home FFS...

Lots of teams have played one up front at home, depending on the opposition and available players.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRENT OUT.   BRENT OUT. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRENT OUT.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next