Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

Go down 
+48
Big Robby
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
downthetrack
Lord Melbury
Flat_Track_Bully
green_genie
Cornish Rebel
PatDunne
zyph
Cerbera
Rickler
Cousin Jack
Hoof Hearted
devonportlad
Sturtz
Geezer
Hugh Midde
pepsipete
lawnmowerman
Motorservices
mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
Rollo Tomasi
Elias
jabba the gut ecfc
Chemical Ali
Coxside_Green
argyl3
tigertony
harvetheslayer
Dane
VillageGreen
Dick Trickle
Freathy
Foxy
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
Hitch
Charlie Wood
Les Miserable
Tgwu
AstiSpumante
MikeWN
Lord Tisdale
Greenskin
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Motorservices

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
If we don't get an auto place then with your nice little earner from the Liverpool game next season you'll easily pass us. We all know Adams is a good manager but with the obvious £1.50 January war chest we are fecked. Threadbare squad, tactics Sussed and the manager only able to afford "good league 2 players" we're doomed I tell 'ee.

any views on Gomez turning Pro in the boxing world? atleast he has confirmed what most know already....that argyle are a horrible little club that cause trouble regardless of who they play, Fans, players, managers and forum owners, one brush covers the lot

Go feck yerself, at least we know where and who we are, you cravat wearing wankers prefer to live closer to Muff than Shitty, inhabit our forums more than your own yet when you get a chance to meet you all run away. Curious behaviour.

hmm, funny that, maybe you should take a look at the amount of green scum posting on EW nowadays (lots from here) nice to know the arse end of Devon has a manager that not only talks complete shite about algae on the pitch (i have genuinely never heard such bollocks in my life) will actually fight another manager because his shite side lost, all alittle sad really, but then, the fans down there have always been the same, must be something in the water that you lot drink........

Anyway, 1st and 3rd have 2 games in hand now (Oxford will get 3pts saturday thats for sure) seems you lot started counting chickens before they hatched...... better wait a while before starting the bus engine laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry you're so far away I can hardly hear you.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

gaining on you everyweek, game in hand...... never pays to get to cocky in jan, still a long way to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I see Nichols has gone, for an "undisclosed fee". That means either Exeter have got too little or Posh have paid too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I see Nichols has gone, for an "undisclosed fee". That means either Exeter have got too little or Posh have paid too much.

knowing posh they over paid by quite a bit.. still nevermind exeter you still have clinton morrrison
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

gaining on you everyweek, game in hand...... never pays to get to cocky in jan, still a long way to go

Says the cockiest fecker on here.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

knowing posh they over paid by quite a bit.. still never mind Exeter you still have clinton morrrison

Til your lot come in for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

knowing posh they over paid by quite a bit.. still never mind Exeter you still have clinton morrrison

Til your lot come in for him.

highly unlikely seeing is about as popular as herpes lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

knowing posh they over paid by quite a bit.. still nevermind exeter you still have clinton morrrison

Word is about what you would expect from a visit to the tribunal, about £400k with another £150k or so in add ons and a 25% sell on. It's a fair price for us, Tom has not really trained on, he is still lightweight and doesn't look half the finisher he did at 17, we lost far more by letting Sercs go to Oxford, except of course if his goals bugger you lot up. Far more important is Wheeler signing a contract extension, with Stockley they will be a real handful for the rest of this season plus Taylor coming in will be good for our play off push.

No need to knock the Clinton, he is what he is, he rarely starts and if Stockley, Wheeler, Nicholls, Holmes, Taylor and Reid are all injured he will step up and do a job if Tis doesn't trust the couple or three decent kids who gave us such a good run in the FA Youth Cup, how did you boys do in that?

Hopefully Tisdale will use a lump of the new cash to get us a decent loanee cenner back and maybe a sneaky left back as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:44 pm

over paid it is
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:39 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Hopefully Tisdale will use a lump of the new cash to get us a decent loanee cenner back and maybe a sneaky left back as well.
Has he used a lump of the Grimes money yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Word is about what you would expect from a visit to the tribunal, about £400k with another £150k or so in add ons and a 25% sell on. It's a fair price for us, Tom has not really trained on, he is still lightweight and doesn't look half the finisher he did at 17, we lost far more by letting Sercs go to Oxford, except of course if his goals bugger you lot up. Far more important is Wheeler signing a contract extension, with Stockley they will be a real handful for the rest of this season plus Taylor coming in will be good for our play off push.

No need to knock the Clinton, he is what he is, he rarely starts and if Stockley, Wheeler, Nicholls, Holmes, Taylor and Reid are all injured he will step up and do a job if Tis doesn't trust the couple or three decent kids who gave us such a good run in the FA Youth Cup, how did you boys do in that?

Nichols reminds me of a young Ian Stonebridge. Nice technique, Tidy finisher, about the same goals/ games rate but lightweight and not really the sort to rescue a game when you're a goal down at Dagenham on Tuesday night.

As for £400,000 don't make me laugh.. try £250,000 with a few add ons should he pull up any trees at the Posh. Not bad but Exeter have hardy chucked the Grimes cash around so I wouldn't expect much from this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:52 am

Tisdale pays more a year for cravats and hats than he does for players.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Nichols  reminds me of a young Ian Stonebridge. Nice technique, Tidy finisher, about the same goals/ games rate but lightweight and not really the sort to rescue a game when you're a goal down at Dagenham on Tuesday night.

As for £400,000 don't make me laugh.. try £250,000 with a few add ons should he pull up any trees at the Posh. Not bad but Exeter have hardy chucked the Grimes cash around so I wouldn't expect much from this.

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 CaNyg0FWwAAyY6E
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Nichols  reminds me of a young Ian Stonebridge. Nice technique, Tidy finisher, about the same goals/ games rate but lightweight and not really the sort to rescue a game when you're a goal down at Dagenham on Tuesday night.

Yeah, cos I would definitely believe a source which couldn't even get the boys name right.

Huge Tw@ thinks he knows, he don't know jack shiite, the deal is just over £500k with all the add ons, appearances, promotions etc. with a 25% sell on, it's about the deal we should have got from a tribunal and we have taken the money now because, to be fair, Tom has never really been a nailed on, first choice, selection.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Yeah, cos I would definitely believe a source which couldn't even get the boys name right.

Huge Tw@ thinks he knows, he don't know jack shiite, the deal is just over £500k with all the add ons, appearances, promotions etc. with a 25% sell on, it's about the deal we should have got from a tribunal and we have taken the money now because, to be fair, Tom has never really been a nailed on, first choice, selection.

I was showing you the reply the owner (Darragh MacAnthony) said in response to the Peterborough account claiming the 250k figure (And spelling his name wrong) saying don't be so soft and you have to pay more for young talent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Hmm who do I believe, figure quoted widely in news sources or unpleasant gobshite on the internet?
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Hmm who do I believe, figure quoted widely in news sources or unpleasant gobshite on the internet?

I would recommend you believe the owners response that it's more than that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Geezer wrote:

I was showing you the reply the owner (Darragh MacAnthony) said in response to the Peterborough account claiming the 250k figure (And spelling his name wrong) saying don't be so soft and you have to pay more for young talent.

Yes I know, my point was that were this two faced tw@ actually involved in the deal he would at least have spelled Nichols correctly, he repeatedly denied that they were after Tom at all.

On the other hand of course his club have proved to be a great conduit for young players from smaller clubs, I watched Oztumer for years in the Ryman, every time we would leave the ground astonished that he was still at that level, Posh have taken him and turned him into a star, if he was 6 inches taller he would be in the England team.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Geezer wrote:

This is Huge Tw@ we are talking about, he is the biggest moron on here, which is saying a lot.

Having said that I wouldn't trust anything that two faced tw@ said either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Geezer wrote:

This is Huge Tw@ we are talking about, he is the biggest moron on here, which is saying a lot.

Having said that I wouldn't trust anything that two faced tw@ said either.

Bearing in mind Moron applies to pretty much everyone who disagrees with you, why post on here if the level of poster intellect is so low.

Go on, feck off. No one will miss you, believe me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Come on girls, keep it a bit civil, oh and welcome Geezer, it's not always as boorish as this.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:42 pm

As an aside, is there a bigger complete and utter knob jockey in football, than Darragh McAntony?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
As an aside, is there a bigger complete and utter knob jockey in football, than Darragh McAntony?

Fecking Hell is your memory that short , how about Gareth fecking Ainsworth for the "knob jockey" title!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I think the future for ECFC is brighter than that for Argyle in the Medium term at least, they have a better youth policy( one that actually produces good first team or better players) New stand going up, not reliant on short term loans to fill the squad ( exeter have very few) plus Exeter is a prosperous city and they dont have the Brent Factor, on balance Exeter's future looks far better to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
Page 17 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next