PlymptonPilgrim
VillageGreen
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:16 am

John Hawkins wrote:
Lavery serves to illustrate my point. As soon as it appeared he might be any good, he was rudely hooked back to his parent club. Subsequently loaned again to the massive Chesterfield.  Still an unproven player with less than 50 games under his belt at the age of 22/23.
Fans down here have become accustomed to second best where any professional under the age of 35 and with two functioning legs is considered a world beater.

The Aviva football opinion has long been unrealistic ever since the ludicrous 'headless chicken' routine... More an attempt at local political correctness than a serious football opinion. Can't be doing with it.

Eeeeee's naaaaat a praaaaaaper faaaaaan ! Shall we ban him peeps ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 am

Yeah ban him cos you not a prapppper fan you if you dont sit in the village green wankfest tent singing jannnnners jannnnnners with Dave the cucumber or banana or what ever his name is..lol
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:01 am

No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades[ peeps], and then where should we be?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 am

Tringreen wrote:
John Hawkins wrote:
Lavery serves to illustrate my point. As soon as it appeared he might be any good, he was rudely hooked back to his parent club. Subsequently loaned again to the massive Chesterfield.  Still an unproven player with less than 50 games under his belt at the age of 22/23.
Fans down here have become accustomed to second best where any professional under the age of 35 and with two functioning legs is considered a world beater.

The Aviva football opinion has long been unrealistic ever since the ludicrous 'headless chicken' routine... More an attempt at local political correctness than a serious football opinion. Can't be doing with it.

Eeeeee's naaaaat a praaaaaaper faaaaaan ! Shall we ban him peeps ?

I'm not banning 'im. I have Hawkins in my wife's family and they are all 'ard as nails. That's just the women! Shocked

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:58 pm

John Hawkins wrote:

I don't think Lavery serves your point at all really. He joined in November on a short term basis, just the month I believe. After performing well we extended it by another month, however Wednesday who were short of attacking options recalled him soon into that 2nd month and we has used semi-regularly by Wednesday throughout the remainder of the season - not immediately plonked out to Chesterfield as your rewriting of history suggests. He picked up an injury at the start of the following season I believe and once fit again was loaned out to Chesterfield at the end of last Jan's transfer window - its not unreasonable for Wednesday to want him to play League One over Two after he'd spent half a season more than coping at Championship level. 

Its worth remembering that the reaction of Lavery's signing was largely negative - an unknown young striker who hadn't done anything of note. Not even the Aviva's could muster any general excitement about the signing, but his performances soon spoke for themselves. Hiram is another young uncertainty, could be absolute crap, could be the perfect addition to our squad. Who knows? I wouldn't judge so soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 am

John Hawkins wrote:

Lavery was taken back because Wednesday had a shortage of strikers. I remember Lavery going back there, coming off the bench and scoring one or two against Leeds when they battered them about 5-1 in the Yorkshire derby.

By the time Wednesday had enough depth to consider loaning him out again, it was clear he wasn't far off decent enough to become a regular in the second tier. A loan to League One was always going to prepare him better than slotting dozens past League Two defences.

As for the rest of your point about 'if the players were good enough, clubs wouldn't send them out on loan'. That is just wrong. Look at Tyler Harvey. He scored extremely well for the youth team, and infected Argyle's forward line with his enthusiasm before a long spell of being dropped by Fletch. Sheridan has knocked him backwards if anything. It's clear what he needs is a loan out dropping down a few tiers to have a 20 goal season to get some confidence back, and some first team regularity.

And that us all we are doing with a much better prospect - giving him a platform to play first team football, 90 minutes week in week out, to generate some confidence and develop his game in a way that making the Palace subs bench here and there won't.

As for a few other examples of good players very well regarded by their parents clubs leaving for a loan spell to come back a better article; David Beckham (Man Utd to Preston), Joe Hart (Man City to Birmingham), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal to Bolton), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea to Atletico Madrid).

These players became senior first teamers at the top level almost instantly after returning from loan spells out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Ej, I wasn't referring to loans in general, but loans to a bereft L2 outfit in deepest Devon. Not loaning obvious international quality to Birmingham or Madrid. Get a grip lol.

We had the likes of the excellent Sinclair loaned to us when we had something to offer as a successful ccc club. And your comment re Harvey says it all. Players that probably won't make it being loaned out for their own benefit and fitness, not the benefit of the receiving club dragging it' feet. That's where even talented players can learn bad mindsets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:17 pm

I don't think I am quite grasping your point regarding loans then. Do you think Boateng coming to Argyle is a bad thing? How do you see his 6 months to a season (possibly) panning out?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 4:17 am

Reading from his twitter, it looks like he is back in town.

Hiram Boateng
‏@Hiram_8

Someone open busaba and vapiano in plymouth, thanks

and on gos from Saturday Carey is shown running around pitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:17 am

hope he is back for the rest of the season i really do
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:50 am

I got all excited then. We've missed him badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:19 am

Cannot get him back in quickly enough!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Maybe DA could ask Pardew for a loan of Bolasie instead - just while he gets fully fit again, like. He'd love to come back. Lol.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
Maybe DA could ask Pardew for a loan of Bolasie instead - just while he gets fully fit again, like.  He'd love to come back. Lol.

Now that would put 5,000 on the Gates !! Could probably pay his full wages ourselves !!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:00 pm

We could all chant "bring on Bolasie" just like we used to during the glory days of the championship.
bounce
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:34 am

His been missed badly hopefully jimmy gets his short arms in his long pockets to sign him for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:24 am

I'm reading elsewhere that Boateng has returned to Home Park
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:48 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
well lets hope it is to sign a new loan deal cos otherwise theres no point his contract with us ends the 2nd of jan
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:49 am

RegGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
well lets hope it is to sign a new loan deal cos otherwise theres no point his contract with us ends the 2nd of jan

Only Via here on FB

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC ‏@Only1Argyle 3h3 hours ago Plymouth, England

He's back... #pafc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:09 pm

Not for long - his loan expires on Saturday
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Not for long - his loan expires on Saturday

gone fishing..............................
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Played in the under 21 at Bristol City today which they lost 2 1

team was: Perntreou; Wynter, O'Dwyer, Fryers, Scales; Boateng, Dreher; Jonny Williams, Berkeley-Agyepong; Binnom-Williams; Bissaka
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 am

Crystal Palace duo set to leave, amid Kilmarnock, Shrewsbury and Plymouth links

CRYSTAL Palace youngsters Sullay Kaikai and Hiram Boateng are on the verge of completing loan moves.

That's according to boss Alan Pardew, who is evaluating the options presented to him and his coaching staff.

The manager has hinted Kaikai may head back to Shrewsbury Town, although it was reported this week that the attacking midfielder was set for a loan move to Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock.

Boateng may end up back at League Two high flyers Plymouth Argyle, too.

"Sullay, I think, will head out on loan," said Pardew.

"Hiram Boateng will also go out on loan, it's just where they go. Sullay did well (at Shrewsbury), so I think he'll go back."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:11 am

To me all the clues (comments of Pardew and Bright) suggest that Palace would prefer HB playing a higher standard of football now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Signing - Hiram Boateng   New Signing - Hiram Boateng - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Signing - Hiram Boateng
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next