US Open

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

US Open Empty
PostSubject: US Open   US Open EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Starts tomorrow. Quite looking forward to seeing some of the top professionals shoot scores similar to my average efforts. Laughing Brutal course apparently, the US open is always tough but this is being talked of as a sort of sadists Carnoustie. Certain players are whingeing already but it's the same for everyone when push comes to shove and who knows, it may not prove to be such a monster after all. I'll go for Furyk but if the course is a lottery, then anyone can win it-should make for good viewing.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Where do you play skinny? Tavistock GC .
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Foxy wrote:

No, at Hurdwick which is just outside of Tavistock on the Brentor road. I have played at Tavistock GC quite a lot-our club has a reciprocal agreement with them, Launceston and Okehampton whereby members of the respective clubs can play at our place for a tenner and vice versa. Always enjoy playing there but our club is much smaller and has the advantage of always being able to get a game without booking tee times or any of that sort of stuff-turn up and play basically-if the course is busy then there are a lot of different tees where you can start, which you can't do at Tavvy. Tavvy is a good course though, very Moorland but very well maintained.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 pm

[quote="Greenskin"]
Foxy wrote:

No, at Hurdwick which is just outside of Tavistock on the Brentor road. I have played at Tavistock GC quite a lot-our club has a reciprocal agreement with them, Launceston and Okehampton whereby members of the respective clubs can play at our place for a tenner and vice versa. Always enjoy playing there but our club is much smaller and has the advantage of always being able to get a game without booking tee times or any of that sort of stuff-turn up and play basically-if the course is busy then there are a lot of different tees where you can start, which you can't do at Tavvy. Tavvy is a good course though, very Moorland but very well maintained.[/quote

I've never played at Hurdwick but have seen the signs on the road from Okehampton to Tavistock across the moors road, played all the other 3 and Tavvy is very nice and some lovely houses on the road up to the club.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:25 am

80 for Tiger in the 1st round deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Bleary eyed this morning, stayed up until about 0330 watching the bleeding stuff. Wonder how long it'll be before people start asking if Spieth is going to break Jack's record rather than Tiger? He's certainly got the game and temperament to win quite a few more, nightmare 3 putt for Johnson to win it, not the first time he's had a disaster when in sight of victory. In spite of the interminable whingeing about the course, 5 under is a pretty good score for a US open and Ooosthuizen notched 29 on the back 9,so it certainly wasn't unplayable. Roll on St Andrews-will young Spieth be able to keep the ball rolling? Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Young Spieth is a cool customer foreshore, as you say the course was difficult but not unplayable and I'm all for difficult courses for the World's best players or else there's a danger of them strolling around making it look all too easy and pissing cloggers like myself off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

US Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Open   US Open Empty

Back to top Go down

US Open
Page 1 of 1