125+1
Greenskin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:02 pm

greenjock wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Managers are never so good second time around, look at Sturrock and Alison. Lets have a proper new manager.

Maybe so Pete, but this time we cannot really do any worse than at present, and IF Warnock was willing, would you rather have him or Ya now Fletcher?

Course I would rather have Warnock or any experienced manager with contacts than Fletcher. Just dont see him as a potential messiah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:07 pm

pepsipete wrote:
greenjock wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Managers are never so good second time around, look at Sturrock and Alison. Lets have a proper new manager.

Maybe so Pete, but this time we cannot really do any worse than at present, and IF Warnock was willing, would you rather have him or Ya now Fletcher?

Course I would rather have Warnock or any experienced manager with contacts than Fletcher. Just dont see him as a potential messiah.

I see Fletcher as more a very naughty boy than a Messiah though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 am

Neil Warnock?

Do me a favour! What is cloud cuckoo land like there days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 am

I know something that you don't Wink i've got a certain persons phone number Wink he told me earlier........ Wink but I can't tell you as it will reveal my source but the source is one of the most reliable sources to ever be a source because I know something you don't know. Wink I will put it on twitter later as I am just that good Wink I know something from someone who knows someone else and someone else knows someone else and my name and he told me Wink

Excuse any typos as i'm on my Iphone 55 in James Brent's limo on the way to meet Ne...... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 am

Hate to pish on everyone's fire, but Ian Newell doesn't like Warnock!

I look forward to Ian's change of opinion should Warnock ever return!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

GOB wrote:

Well that's that then, pig will give Brent his opinion and that's it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am

I wonder if the uninterested Brent could gift Warnock the club in a kinda Heaney way?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Woah!, missed this last night.

Always said he wanted to finish down here.

Has ALWAYS done the bizarre in terms of job moves (turned down Chelsea & dropped leagues to come here 1st off) so would think nothing of and dropping three leagues to join again.

Come on down Colin.

I've been a stout supporter of Carl Fletcher and I seriously think he just needs some support in the transfer market, he's doing a good job otherwise in terms of morale and tempo. Get them working together and my much cherished continuity is maintained (bit late for root & branch for me) while gaining in bucket loads experience and passion. Then again Colin would have his finger on the pulse of Home Park already, there probably isn't another manager who could slip in more seemlessly.

This is Neil Warnock, this is MR motivator, MR promotion, MR canny, MR success and the genuine MR doesn't-do-failure.

The opportunity, if it's there, simply MUST NOT be passed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 pm

X Isle wrote:
Woah!, missed this last night.

Always said he wanted to finish down here.

Has ALWAYS done the bizarre in terms of job moves (turned down Chelsea & dropped leagues to come here 1st off) so would think nothing of and dropping three leagues to join again.

Come on down Colin.

I've been a stout supporter of Carl Fletcher and I seriously think he just needs some support in the transfer market, he's doing a good job otherwise in terms of morale and tempo. Get them working together and my much cherished continuity is maintained (bit late for root & branch for me) while gaining in bucket loads experience and passion. Then again Colin would have his finger on the pulse of Home Park already, there probably isn't another manager who could slip in more seemlessly.

This is Neil Warnock, this is MR motivator, MR promotion, MR canny, MR success and the genuine MR doesn't-do-failure.

The opportunity, if it's there, simply MUST NOT be passed up.

amen to that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 pm

lets make a move NOW i say give him a bit of time left in jan to bring in one or two.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

GOB wrote:

Oddly enough, that was not long after Webb said the same thing on twitter - a coincidence, I'm sure.

Anyhoo, I'd be delighted to see Warnock back, but I would be very, very surprised to see it happen. It's certainly what the club needs, an experienced, been there and done it manager, who, as he's said, would like to come back one day.

Will Brent have the wherewithall to contact him, or will Webby tell him not to bother?

I would hope someone like Peter Jones would have been in Brent's ear by now telling him Warnock would be exactly what we need at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
GOB wrote:

Oddly enough, that was not long after Webb said the same thing on twitter - a coincidence, I'm sure.

Anyhoo, I'd be delighted to see Warnock back, but I would be very, very surprised to see it happen. It's certainly what the club needs, an experienced, been there and done it manager, who, as he's said, would like to come back one day.

Will Brent have the wherewithall to contact him, or will Webby tell him not to bother?

I would hope someone like Peter Jones would have been in Brent's ear by now telling him Warnock would be exactly what we need at the moment.

Actually, that really is a coincidental lol!

No I don't bother with Twitter, I have an account but only to support the ATD account. I've not bothered with it since the day I registered which will be much to the disappointment of my fan club it seems but it's just not my thing. Maybe I'll give it another go when I'm bored......Newell's mentioned it dozens of times over the years on Pasoti, I don't think it's any secret.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:40 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
GOB wrote:

Yep. Also, I wonder what Ridsdales relationship status is with Warnock? That could be a very important factor if he is still 'advising' Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 pm

What the hell has happened to Jones, he seems to have vanished from the radar when he should be standing on the stage?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
GOB wrote:

Yep. Also, I wonder what Ridsdales relationship status is with Warnock? That could be a very important factor if he is still 'advising' Brent.

I'm not sure that Ridsdale's still in the picture. I know he said he'd still help, but he says a lot of things. I do worry about who's advising Brent. Surely it's not just Webb and Newell is it? Because that would be bad.

A pair of self seeking control freaks who don't know the first thing about what a football club needs.

Just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Everyone is Quoting Warnock as saying he would like to come back here one day. When did he actually say this? Was it when we were in the championship? When it was looking like we were a club that had finally got our house in order?

I suspect Warnock made these comments when it looked like we were on the up and it would have been a nice retirement job for him. Cant see him wanting to be anywhere near argyle now.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:49 pm

GOB wrote:
What the hell has happened to Jones, he seems to have vanished from the radar when he should be standing on the stage?

He's around GOB. Could be the new Chairman. Wink
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 pm

dane_b wrote:
Everyone is Quoting Warnock as saying he would like to come back here one day. When did he actually say this? Was it when we were in the championship? When it was looking like we were a club that had finally got our house in order?

I suspect Warnock made these comments when it looked like we were on the up and it would have been a nice retirement job for him. Cant see him wanting to be anywhere near argyle now.

He said it some time ago. You must have been in an important meeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
GOB wrote:

I'm not sure that Ridsdale's still in the picture. I know he said he'd still help, but he says a lot of things. I do worry about who's advising Brent. Surely it's not just Webb and Newell is it? Because that would be bad.

A pair of self seeking control freaks who don't know the first thing about what a football club needs.

Just my opinion. Smile

Self seeking, Are you saying they are spiritual travellers? scratch

I wouldn't have thought Ridsdale was still knocking about, surely the FL would come down on that like a ton of bricks. Anyway he doesnt seem to be in a rush to appoint a proper board, which is alarming given how much trouble we're in.

For what its worth though, Warnock has always said when he retires, it would be to his cottage in Cornwall and he would have a season ticket down here. Can't see him wanting to manage us in our current state, buit god I hope he does..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
GOB wrote:

He's around GOB. Could be the new Chairman. Wink

Cheers PP, I wish he would step up sooner rather then later, we could do with him on board now!

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:29 pm

If the thread could perhaps be dragged back from the 'house topic' for a second Rolling Eyes.........

Phenom wrote:
lets make a move NOW i say give him a bit of time left in jan to bring in one or two.

That's the crucial bit, speed.

There's a rumour of PASOTI that players are turning us down, hardly surprising i'd say given when we look down past our meat & two veg we can see the crack of the trap door.

Appointing Colin, even in a DOF or overseer capacity would end that overnight, we'd have profile AND pulling power. This window is even more important than the (allegedly necessary) January firesale of last year and if we're struggling to attract players then FFS why wait a single second if someone as 'attractive' as Neil warnock is now unemployed?.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

The next person to mention Pasoti gets a free banner!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:34 pm

The Football League may also have an influence.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of any potential transfers have been, or will be kyboshed by the FL. They are actively scruitinsing every deal we are involved in. Not just authorising/approving every deal like they normally do, but actively scruitinising due to our circumstances/recent history.

This may make all talk of a Warnock return immaterial anyway.

PASOTI!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

GibGreen wrote:

PASOTI!!

Congratulations GibG, here's your winnings....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:54 pm

I would like to copy Yeovil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neil Warnock sacked!!!   Neil Warnock sacked!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Neil Warnock sacked!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next