Greenlander
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Season Ticket pricing Empty
PostSubject: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

English football could be like this if it wanted to be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:15 pm

The Premier League certainly could, not the lower leagues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:41 pm

The solution to the problem is easy, look at football as a whole and not the prem, the other leagues then non league. More importance needs to be given for grassroots football and development and training. Only trouble is that the British are regarded as cash cows to be milked by every political party in the land, our problems go far deeper than just football.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Is this the same Uli Hoeness who has been sentenced for tax evasion?

He's correct though - ticket revenue as a percentage of overall income is decreasing for those at the top. The issue still stands that if top tier clubs decide to do something about match day prices then there has to be more cash trickling down for clubs through the leagues as their tickets would have to reduce too.

Why do it though - clubs hate fans and higher prices mean less of the riff-raff bothering the turnstiles.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Spare seats in the Lyndhurst and others stands are being reserved again this season  for the ST holders in the Mayflower stand to move to in case it is demolished by next May. (2016)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:23 am

Three tickets windows were open yesterday, they said they were busier then expected.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:51 am

Bayern Munich and Plymouth Argyle - big difference. For the Premier League it would be a must, though I believe a Chelsea or Arsenal season ticket would cost you a couple of grand.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 am

pilgrimfather wrote:
Bayern Munich and Plymouth Argyle - big difference. For the Premier League it would be a must, though I believe a Chelsea or Arsenal season ticket would cost you a couple of grand.

Expensive ones yeah, but I think their cheapest ones are about half that or less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:23 pm

A mate of mine was in Germany and went to see a second tier match, he said the standard of football was good, well supported and only about a tenner. With a game at Argyle costing £22 although I could afford to go to every game it's a question of value for money and I think that league 2 has priced itself out of the value for money sector by about £7. Not Argyles fault blame the FA.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

Expensive ones yeah, but I think their cheapest ones are about half that or less.

A soul-destroying couple of minutes on the Chelsea website reveals that their cheapest season ticket is £750. They seem to average out at about £830ish.

Given that Chelsea can't have too many more than 30,000 season-ticket holders because of their relatively small ground, cutting £300 off each season ticket would cost them roughly £9m. What's that to Chelsea? Apparently, how much they spent on agents' fees for the transfers of Ramires and Yossi Benayoun in 2011. But English football doesn't have fans, it has customers. Long live the free market, eh?

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 pm

A few other prices from around European football:

Barcelona's cheapest matchday ticket: £16
Real Madrid: £15
Valencia: £8
Schalke: £12
Werder Bremen: £6
Lazio: £11
Exeter: £26
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Iggy wrote:
A mate of mine was in Germany and went to see a second tier match, he said the standard of football was good, well supported and only about a tenner. With a game at Argyle costing £22 although I could afford to go to every game it's a question of value for money and I think that league 2 has priced itself out of the value for money sector by about £7. Not Argyles fault blame the FA.

My German friends can't believe the cost of 4th/5th tier football in England.

For my local 5th tier side, I pay €5 per game (€7 for non members). The most expensive ticket cost me €9 for a regional cup semi final.

I love it as I can sit with friends, drink a beer and have a smoke whilst watching the game!

Ref SFD above. Bayern also have over 200,000 members. At €60 per year they rake in over €12 million a year just from
their members!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

A soul-destroying couple of minutes on the Chelsea website reveals that their cheapest season ticket is £750. They seem to average out at about £830ish.

Given that Chelsea can't have too many more than 30,000 season-ticket holders because of their relatively small ground, cutting £300 off each season ticket would cost them roughly £9m. What's that to Chelsea? Apparently, how much they spent on agents' fees for the transfers of Ramires and Yossi Benayoun in 2011. But English football doesn't have fans, it has customers. Long live the free market, eh?

Aye but it is not just season tickets where the paying fan loses out...have you seen the kick off times for the L2 play off semi-finals and final?

We could be playing at home to Bury on Sunday 10th May with a kick off time of 6.35pm. Now forget Bury fans but there are a fair few exiles wanting to attend that game and they won't be leaving Plymouth until gone 8.30pm on a Sunday.

The final itself kicks off at 5.30pm and would mean that anyone travelling from Plymouth would be unable to make the last train. Would be better to get slaughtered and catch the sleeper.

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

I quite agree that lowering the cost of season tickets for Premier league clubs is something that they could quite easily do but I would also venture that £830 is better value to watch some of the best players in the world in full to capacity stadiums than £380 to watch the shite on offer in league 2.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

I quite agree that lowering the cost of season tickets for Premier league clubs is something that they could quite easily do but I would also venture that £830 is better value to watch some of the best players in the world in full to capacity stadiums than £380 to watch the shite on offer in league 2.

I don't know.... I have seen so many dull Premier League games over the last few seasons... for evert Arsenal v Spurs there are about two dozen dull equivalents.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:

Aye but it is not just season tickets where the paying fan loses out...have you seen the kick off times for the L2 play off semi-finals and final?

We could be playing at home to Bury on Sunday 10th May with a kick off time of 6.35pm. Now forget Bury fans but there are a fair few exiles wanting to attend that game and they won't be leaving Plymouth until gone 8.30pm on a Sunday.

The final itself kicks off at 5.30pm and would mean that anyone travelling from Plymouth would be unable to make the last train. Would be better to get slaughtered and catch the sleeper.

6.35pm kickoff on a Sunday in May means potentially a full day on the piss in the sun - so it ain't all bad news! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I went to the Milan Derby 2010 and the ticket in the scond tier, away end (Inter) was 21euros - something like 80 odd thousand in there, ok not sure how much now.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Fair point Pilgrim Father, although a ticket for Hull is the 10th most expensive and is still only £500. I know you get less games but an extra £120 to watch Rooney, Hazard et all seems good value.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:55 pm

IN order to allow as many of the Green Army to take advantage of the Early Bird prices on offer for 2015-16 Membership the deadline for grabbing the discounts on offer have been extended by 24 hours.

Our Ticket Office will be open to process applications for 2015-16 Membership up until kick-off at 7.45pm on Tuesday, as we meet AFC Wimbledon at Home Park. The office will then be open for a short time after the match as well
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 11:34 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Fair point Pilgrim Father, although a ticket for Hull is the 10th most expensive and is still only £500. I know you get less games but an extra £120 to watch Rooney, Hazard et all seems good value.

1) You don't watch Rooney and Hazard every week. For instance, this weekend Leicester City fans will be paying on average about £35 to watch Angel Rangel, Ashley Williams and Wayne Routledge, all of whom played several times at Home Park in instantly forgettable Championship games. When I lived in Manchester I'd quite often venture to places like Bolton, Blackburn or pre-takeover Manchester City to take in a Premier League game, and they were generally poor games. I don't think a 0-0 draw at home to Newport in League 2 would feel much different to a 0-0 draw at home to Burnley in the Premiership.

2) The Premier League is so hopelessly lopsided it's hard to imagine that it's remotely enjoyable unless you're a supporter of one of the very richest clubs. In the lower leagues we can at least hope for a season at the business end - that will never, ever happen to us, or even to historically big clubs like Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds or the Sheffield clubs.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 am

I understand Chris. Personally I would beg to differ but each to their own. Redundant argument in many ways because one of the reasons sky can take the piss is that supporters don't tend to shop around clubs in the summer looking for "value". Most stick with the one that they were sentenced to at birth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket pricing   Season Ticket pricing Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket pricing
Page 1 of 1