seadog
Elias
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Adam Johnson - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 8:04 am

Morning Les Mis and a fair question. Various PM's were exchanged with Lord Tis by the mod team encouraging him to tone down his language. Those rules were drawn up to encourage a poster to change their behaviour and it was felt by the mods, in a unanimous vote, that no second chance would change Lord Tis's posting style, if anything would inflame it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:01 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Mod elections are in 2 months Suffs, so members are welcome to stand for election and reverse our decision.
Not sure trying to win a election on a Lord Tisdale sympathy ticket is a winner Frank, just think a permanent ban is harsh.

So do I.................. I have sympathy with Tis's comments and stance. What Johnson did was wrong but .........................
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Morning Les Mis and a fair question. Various PM's were exchanged with Lord Tis by the mod team encouraging him to tone down his language. Those rules were drawn up to encourage a poster to change their behaviour and it was felt by the mods, in a unanimous vote, that no second chance would change Lord Tis's posting style, if anything would inflame it.

Morning Dick. That's all well and good but I believe a long standing poster like Tis(a member of this forum for longer than most of the mods) should be afforded the number of chances written into the ATD rulebook. Whether or not you believe his behaviour would improve or worsen is speculation on your part and he would be well aware of the consequences if after a final warning and 1 week ban he continued in the manner that seemed so offensive to some on here.

I fully support the moderators right to permanently ban an obvious threat to the forum such as a new member clearly hear to stir up trouble but in this case I strongly feel such a veteran ATDer deserved to have all avenues exhausted before the axe was swung.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:54 am

Les, there are no hard and fast guidelines that we follow when it comes to bans. When Nool/Webb/De Liar come on here and flood us with abuse we just ban them without warning.

A few weeks ago we issued Tis with his first warning, and then followed it up later with a 24 hour ban. Both fell on deaf ears so we issued a permanent ban following his comments on this thread. His comments and attitude to the mods are pretty clear and I don't believe that he is going to listen to anyone about anything.

I am not a Pinky or Leftoe and I have no issue with him expressing his right wing views. I get his Clarksonesque attempt at edgy racial humour, but too often he goes over the top and he seems to think that its still 1973.

He is abusive to people who have different views to him. He is clearly bigoted towards Muslims. His comments about the women in the Adam Johnson and Ched Evans cases are abhorrent. This isn't about Right V Left - its about what those in the middle would deem offensive. This is a football forum - if you want to debate about race/EU/asylum you can always find a forum where the moderators are experts in what is acceptable. All the mods here signed up to moderate a football forum.

The warnings system doesn't work. It was brought in a couple of years ago during Hairygate. The problem is that too many posters think that they are above moderation and are refusing to accept our decisions. Most people quietly self moderate but there are a hard core of posters that refuse to believe that they are wrong and any warning that we issue just inflames the situation.

There is a mod election in May and there are going to be mod positions up for grabs. Our decision to ban Tis was made with one eye on the calendar, so that if anyone felt that strongly they can stand for election and reverse our decision.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:08 am

Would it have been such an ordeal/big deal/threat to the wellbeing of ATD to have followed the guidelines through and issued Tis with a final warning and 1 week ban? If nothing changed after that it could've been made permanent and nobody could've had any real complaints, you've left yourself open to criticism by riding roughshod over your own rules, if you don't believe they work, scrap 'em.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
This is a football forum - if you want to debate about race/EU/asylum you can always find a forum where the moderators are experts in what is acceptable. All the mods here signed up to moderate a football forum.

Isn't this exactly what the half-time board is for ? Same as the Opinions board over the road ?

Very poor decision IMO. Mods breaking established rules & making up their own at will is exactly what we all (including current mods) complained so bitterly about on PASOTI.

Lord Tisdale's posting style is indeed brash & straight talking but hell, are we not all adults who would hear exactly the same type of opinions on a match day at HP or in the pub ? Everyone has the opportunity to argue back.

Posters of Tis's intelligence & political stance are what makes this forum worth reading as a counter to the vomit inducing lefty nonsense posted by a few others.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 am

I rarely peruse or contribute to non club related debates on here, so haven't witnessed Tis causing such angst.

In my view, as long as what is being written is within the law, it should remain. As for constantly attacking or whining at the admin, then after the stated protocol has been followed a ban can be issued, if it doesn't cease.

The admin are all volunteers and do not use their position to impose their views, as on other forums. If they feel they have made a mistake it will be rectified I'm sure. If not, then the upcoming election is free for all to stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:53 am

There's been no mistake here whatsoever. Tisdale's BNP racist stuff has been around for many years on many football forums and elsewhere, as Tringy knows very well. He has been banned on all of them for the very same reasons, along with his constant personal abuse. I thought I had got away from that sort of thing when I left pasoti.
But his comments on the pedophilia case were just beyond the pale. Young people are impressionable and are easily groomed by preying adults, and that is exactly why the law of consent consent has been enacted all over the planet. To call the young child a slapper, and worse, is just unforgivable.

There may be some posters on here who are quite happy to have ATD known as a forum that has posters espousing paedophilia. I am not one of them, and as Frank has said, several posters have left this forum ( banned themselves ) in the past, including myself, because of the likes of Tisdale.

For years Tisdale has berated muslims for having a poor regard for women, stating war refugees are nothing but rapists, yet this thread, and his comments, show he has probably worse regard for women's and children's rights than anyone. The wealthy footballer/squire is always in the right apparently, as was always the case in this country many years ago. Thank god we have laws in place these days, although sadly the courts could do a far better job in dealing with guilty individuals that have connections and power. His rhetoric has been proved to be the racist shit it is. He couldn't care less about the protection of women. "They're all gagging for it" seems to be his attitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
This is a football forum - if you want to debate about race/EU/asylum you can always find a forum where the moderators are experts in what is acceptable. All the mods here signed up to moderate a football forum.

Isn't this exactly what the half-time board is for ? Same as the Opinions board over the road ?

Very poor decision IMO. Mods breaking established rules & making up their own at will is exactly what we all (including current mods) complained so bitterly about on PASOTI.

Lord Tisdale's posting style is indeed brash & straight talking but hell, are we not all adults who would hear exactly the same type of opinions on a match day at HP or in the pub ? Everyone has the opportunity to argue back.

Posters of Tis's intelligence & political stance are what makes this forum worth reading as a counter to the vomit inducing lefty nonsense posted by a few others.

So LT's right wing stance is brash and straight talking, but the opposite view from the left is vomit inducing?

If Tis spoke in the pub like he speaks to people on here he would get a smack in the gob. If he spoke like he does in most workplaces he would face disciplinary and probably the sack. If he called players at the match "nazis", "mussi rats" and "rapefugees" he would arrested.

He has been told on numerous occasions that his language on ATD is not acceptable. He has decided to ignore the rules. He can't really complain that we have broken our established rules to speed up a process that was clearly only a few weeks away.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm

We cannot please everybody, we cannot even please ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:58 pm

But you could follow the rules and ethos of the forum, then any beefs would be less justified.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

So LT's right wing stance is brash and straight talking, but the opposite view from the left is vomit inducing?

If Tis spoke in the pub like he speaks to people on here he would get a smack in the gob. If he spoke like he does in most workplaces he would face disciplinary and probably the sack. If he called players at the match "nazis", "mussi rats" and "rapefugees" he would arrested.

He has been told on numerous occasions that his language on ATD is not acceptable. He has decided to ignore the rules. He can't really complain that we have broken our established rules to speed up a process that was clearly only a few weeks away.

Vomit inducing to me personally, but we are all entitled to our views.

What the point of having rules & due process if you just ignore it ? He may well have carried on as before earning himself a justified ban but we'll never know will we. I don't think it gives a lot of credence to the Democratic tag.

That said I will concede his personal abuse of members goes too far & his language could be more diplomatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm

lets just remember that lord tis wasn't a proppa fan in more ways than one and did nothing during the wor which is unforgivable.

tisdale's problem was he went ott too often with his views but mainly with the abuse especially when he was goaded by a few who were just as bad with their replies to him. When he left out the aggression he could have a debate on matters whether others agreed or not but i never suspected that was his intention. He was here because exeweb wouldn't have hi back in truth.

if he failed to heed warnings given to him how much more leeway can the mod team keep giving him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Vomit inducing to me personally, but we are all entitled to our views.

What the point of having rules & due process if you just ignore it ? He may well have carried on as before earning himself a justified ban but we'll never know will we. I don't think it gives a lot of credence to the Democratic tag.

That said I will concede his personal abuse of members goes too far & his language could be more diplomatic.

After 3042 posts I think we could all make a pretty safe guess that Tis would have carried on exactly as before. He wasn't particularly good at seeing any point of view other then his own.

The Democratic tag was created by GOB in relation to moderator elections. The mods created the mod/keyholder structure and the voting process. We could have just as easily scrapped the warnings/banning process without consultation. As I said previously, too many people refuse to accept any type of moderation and accuse us of becoming like Pasoti if we do something they don't agree with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Angry wrote:

tisdale's problem was he went ott too often with his views but mainly with the abuse especially when he was goaded by a few who were just as bad with their replies to him.
I'm not having that. You're making out people who engaged in debate with this guy are "just as bad". Absolute rubbish. You're making a victim out of a real heartless BNP bully who calls abused children slags when they're abused by an adult male who is one of his own.  As, no doubt, I will be one of those supposedly righteous indignant souls that have been "just as bad", please give examples. People get banned from forums like this because they are beyond the pale. Let's see these "just as bad" examples that deserve a banning from this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Angry wrote:

tisdale's problem was he went ott too often with his views but mainly with the abuse especially when he was goaded by a few who were just as bad with their replies to him.
I'm not having that. You're making out people who engaged in debate with this guy are "just as bad". Absolute rubbish. You're making a victim out of a real heartless BNP bully who calls abused children slags when they're abused by an adult male who is one of his  own.  As, no doubt, I will be one of those supposedly righteous indignant souls that have been "just as bad", please give examples. People get banned from forums like this because they are beyond the pale. Let's see these "just as bad" examples that deserve a banning from this forum.

this being a classic example of my point..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Examples please. The last two posts are just normal ATD exchange. Where are these examples of "just as bad as Tisdale " ?

Or don't you like strong debate ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm

You can waffle all you like Frank the forum is democratic it's in the name. I don't think that there is anybody here who didn't agree that Tis went to far but rules are rules. You could have banned Tis for a week as per the rules then asked the membership whether the rules should be changed to allow you to permanently ban anyone in these sorts of circumstances. To say "were off soon so don't fret" is wrong, very Noolesque.
I've kept out of this and won't enter into any more debate in this but this is my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:04 pm

i see the dickhead has chipped in so for that reason i'm not continuing any more with the discussions on this matter other than to say this proves the point i was making. attitude towards a poster results in attitude back and so on and you lord biro are just as guilty of doing that than tis was. Perhaps not in content but certainly in style.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:19 pm

What LT said was wrong and whatever course of action has been handed out, fair shout.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:26 pm

So, Angry thinks Tisdale was the way he was because the poor love felt bullied by those horrible people that clearly stated he wasn't very nice. Yeah ok. How naive can you get jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
So, Angry thinks Tisdale was the way he was because the poor love felt bullied by those horrible people that clearly stated he wasn't very nice. Yeah ok.  How naive can you get jocolor jocolor

thats not what i said now was it? i said you give it you get it and in your case your just as bad as tis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Still waiting for those mythical examples Angers. I've got the feeling I'll be waiting some time jocolor
I'm nailing you down Angers, lets have those examples of what a horror of a man I've been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Not sure who is being called a dick head but it's not unusual for me to be confused by his ramblings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Still waiting for those mythical examples Angers. I've got the feeling I'll be waiting some time jocolor
I'm nailing you down Angers, lets have those examples of what a horror of a man I've been.

how about i already answered you more than once be content with that and move on. With every passionate reply you give keeps proving my point. I refuse to play your games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Johnson   Adam Johnson - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Johnson
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next