Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)

Go down 
+18
Josh Pope
pepsipete
Elias
Greenskin
Jethro
Damon.Lenszner
akagreengull
Motorservices
sufferedsince 68
Chemical Ali
tigertony
Czarcasm
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Les Miserable
AstiSpumante
X Isle
GreenSam
Cornish Rebel
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How many will we sign?
4+ - Sheridan will go mad panic buying
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
4 - Ambition we want out of this League
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Reasonable number
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 - Not too ambitious pending on who they are
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
1- Better than nothing i guess
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 10 ]
0 - Sums it up a treat
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap30%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 9 ]
- 0 - we dont need to sign anyone we got stripes and chicken dances.
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:02 am

ejh wrote:
Very pleased about O'Connor.

Flabbergasted at the way Thomas has been treated this entire season to be honest.

We can't afford to carry any dead wood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 am

ejh wrote:

Flabbergasted at the way Thomas has been treated this entire season to be honest.

If it had been Harvey the Aviva's would have been up in arms.

Shit decision in letting him go. A far better player then Harvey imho.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:06 am

Kellett to Man Utd just confirmed on SSN.

also this on bbc-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 am

ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:
Sheridan has had three signings these last weeks, don't forget. Why does he deserve more? He's got enough defenders, midfielder and strikers now. It isn't JB's fault that all three are poor players, average at best.

Bit early to be that judgemental, two of them scored yesterday.

lol! FOOKIN cracks me up. And the same guy thinks that all our midfielders are better players than we had before even though non of them have any history of scoring goals? scratch

When did I say that, knobhead?

Try quoting me on the subject and I can respond on topic, instead of behaving like a coward and waiting for someone else to break the ice, eh?

Here are a few facts for you:
- Goals scored is not the only measure on the quality of a midfielder. Olly Lee has scored a goal but he is NOT a patch on Cox or O'Connor.
- Lee Cox came from Swindon and is on decent money, as opposed to Hourihane who we took from Ipswich without an appearance to his name (is this the history of goals you were referring to, that we need to choose our new signings on?). PMSL!
- This slump is not JB's fault.
- Despite your exciting new players scoring yesterday, we still played crap as a team and lost to a diabolical side.
- I identified our lack of goals from midfield as a major concern long ago - want me to bump those threads and posts for you so you can stop posting  as if you are teaching me something I don't know?

Right then, I'll ignore the knobhead and the other waffle and I can't be bothered to link to it but you only recently made a post outlining how Cox, Mellor and a.nother were better or as good as the players they replaced. Your argument is that the squad is good enough and Sheridan is failing there fore Sheridan should go. The flaw in your argument is that all these players have a history of not scoring many goals. To reach the playoffs we need goals, to proceed through the playoffs we need goals, these players are never going to score us enough goals, we need better players. Go and think about the simple things because they are what matters.
Football manager has a lot to answer for foreshore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:08 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Kellett to Man Utd just confirmed on SSN.

also this on bbc-

On the other thread transfer deadline thread it was said that SSN said it was Manu but it's actually Sheffield Utd. Sounds more likely to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:09 am

Andy Kellet > Luke Shaw :S

Last edited by Angry on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:10 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:

It is how Thomas came to be viewed as 'dead wood' that has pickled my brain.

When Thomas runs at defenders, leaves them lying on their backs and gets good crosses in, what is it that Sheridan sees that makes him think 'I can't be doing with this, I much prefer Jason Banton who hasn't had a good game in 18 months'.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:10 am

Defo Man U

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:18 am

Iggy wrote:
ejh wrote:
Iggy wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:
Sheridan has had three signings these last weeks, don't forget. Why does he deserve more? He's got enough defenders, midfielder and strikers now. It isn't JB's fault that all three are poor players, average at best.

Bit early to be that judgemental, two of them scored yesterday.

lol! FOOKIN cracks me up. And the same guy thinks that all our midfielders are better players than we had before even though non of them have any history of scoring goals? scratch

When did I say that, knobhead?

Try quoting me on the subject and I can respond on topic, instead of behaving like a coward and waiting for someone else to break the ice, eh?

Here are a few facts for you:
- Goals scored is not the only measure on the quality of a midfielder. Olly Lee has scored a goal but he is NOT a patch on Cox or O'Connor.
- Lee Cox came from Swindon and is on decent money, as opposed to Hourihane who we took from Ipswich without an appearance to his name (is this the history of goals you were referring to, that we need to choose our new signings on?). PMSL!
- This slump is not JB's fault.
- Despite your exciting new players scoring yesterday, we still played crap as a team and lost to a diabolical side.
- I identified our lack of goals from midfield as a major concern long ago - want me to bump those threads and posts for you so you can stop posting  as if you are teaching me something I don't know?

Right then, I'll ignore the knobhead and the other waffle and I can't be bothered to link to it but you only recently made a post outlining how Cox, Mellor and a.nother were better or as good as the players they replaced. Your argument is that the squad is good enough and Sheridan is failing there fore Sheridan should go. The flaw in your argument is that all these players have a history of not scoring many goals. To reach the playoffs we need goals, to proceed through the playoffs we need goals, these players are never going to score us enough goals, we need better players. Go and think about the simple things because they are what matters.
Football manager has a lot to answer for foreshore.

I apologise for calling you a knobhead, seems out of order now you are talking to me sensibly.

The lack of goals (from midfield) wasn't an issue before Christmas. Our performances were so strong with the defensive pivots of Cox and O'Connor in midfield, that we bossed games and dominated teams. All it needed was a Reuben penalty or a Hartley header and the game was won.

iMHO it was the defensive injuries that cost us over Christmas. We lost our best CBs, then lost our best Defensive mid filling in as a bog standard CB. The biggest problem with O'Connor at CB is that he has no O'Connor protecting him. We have been piss poor as a team throughout that period and the results haven't lied.

I think with this signing we might just scrape 6th. A decent LWB on loan has to be high on Shez's list now though.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 am

ejh wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:

When Thomas runs at defenders, leaves them lying on their backs and gets good crosses in, what is it that Sheridan sees that makes him think 'I can't be doing with this, I much prefer Jason Banton who hasn't had a good game in 18 months'.

I agree that in the short spells he's been on the pitch he's looked a better option than Banton or Harvey but for whatever reason the man who picks the team and watches him in training doesn't seem to fancy him, we've all got opinions about who we would like in the team but at the end of the day the manager should know best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:21 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:

I can think of a few players in the squad who could fall into the deadwood category but Thomas wasnt one of them. He had the potential to be a game changer and was a genuine threat going forward. I believe he should have had a fair run in the side before being judge but it is impossible to make much of an impact when sheridan only brought him on with 5 minutes to go...

I wish him luck where ever he ends up probably chelsea given the random news of kellet but i cant agree with you on calling him deadwood.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:24 am

He clearly was dead wood if he wasn't being played, whether you agree with that decision or not is a different issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:30 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
He clearly was dead wood if he wasn't being played, whether you agree with that decision or not is a different issue.

when your playing 352 its difficult to play wingers Basketball Basketball plus sheridan would rather play temp players and disrupt his squad everytime they leave. Thomas will go on to better things that much is true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:41 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:

I agree that in the short spells he's been on the pitch he's looked a better option than Banton or Harvey but for whatever reason the man who picks the team and watches him in training doesn't seem to fancy him, we've all got opinions about who we would like in the team but at the end of the day the manager should know best.

He should, but he is only human and we all make mistakes. Managers in any industry often have personality clashes with their staff. They can't sack them, but they can deny them overtime, deny them preferential holidays and just treat them like arseholes. Think Thomas has had a bit of this treatment off Sheridan? It wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

I think 100% of Argyle fans would agree Thomas has not been given the game time he deserves this season.

He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is dynamic and a game changer, the best in that regard at the club, rivalled only by a red hot Banton (anyone seen one of those lately?). He came on for 6 minutes against Morecambe and created the chance of the match by all accounts. What more did he have to do to get a game out of Sheridan? It really is genuinely baffling. Just hasn't had a chance despite several performances last season which were pretty electrifying.

I'd say a fair sized percentage of Argyle fans would even pick Thomas as our best player, our player with the most potential, and their favourite player. So on all 3 counts, giving him away aged 21 just beggars belief.

Unlike Luke Young, I think this one will come to bite Sheridan on the are a lot quicker.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:55 am

Kellett to Manure..WTF!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 am

ejh wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
ejh wrote:

Exaggeration surely ? If he was that good he d be in the 2nd tier
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:13 am

On the whole not a bad time, managed to hold onto Rubin Reid, forecast by some to leave. Resigned Bobby Reid and O'Connell plus Brunt and Lee.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 am

Not really an inspiring deadline, pleased to see O'Connor back but concerned that the issue of having a midfielder or two who can get forward and get a goal doesn't seem to have been addressed, maybe too much to hope for at this stage of the season. Not bothered about the outgoings, Morgan was gone as soon as Brunt was signed and can't really understand the fuss about Thomas, much rather have seen Kellett return but it was not to be. Good luck to the players leaving and welcome back Anthony O'Connor but I can't say that confidence in Argyle having a hugely better time in the weeks to come has been that much enhanced, hope i'm wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 am

Thomas has signed for Motherwell, I guess it was a mutual agreement to cancel his contract?

Certainly had potential, he was fantastic in the 3-3 away game at Pompey, replacing the hopeless Banton at half time. He never seemed to fit into our system and was mainly used as a late sub when we were losing. Under the right coaching I think he could develop into a very good player.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Kellett has joined Sheffield United, old Jim definitely said Manchester United though.

On BBC website it states that Kellet HAS joined Man Utd in a loan swap deal for Saidy Janko

Fook me, Jim did get it right. Didn't think Kellett was THAT good but there you go, sounds like a hell of an opportunity for him to make a name for himself-presumably United will take a good look at him between now and the end of the season. Good luck to him, he always put in a good effort for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:00 am

See Lavery has signed for Chesterfield.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

Greenskin wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Kellett has joined Sheffield United, old Jim definitely said Manchester United though.

On BBC website it states that Kellet HAS joined Man Utd in a loan swap deal for Saidy Janko

Fook me, Jim did get it right. Didn't think Kellett was THAT good but there you go, sounds like a hell of an opportunity for him to make a name for himself-presumably United will take a good look at him between now and the end of the season. Good luck to him, he always put in a good effort for Argyle.

I actually did think Kellett WAS that good.
Whatever team we have - we need a run for any chance of being in the playoffs come the last game.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:15 am

akagreengull wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I actually did think Kellett WAS that good.
Whatever team we have - we need a run for any chance of being in the playoffs come the last game.

He was class - but not that class.

Good luck to the lad, really hope he even gets onto the bench for a game or two.. Just a great opportunity. Because it hasn't really sunk in I'm barely even disappointed yet.

Oh yeah, haven't we signed someone called Anthonny.. Anyone hear about that? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:21 am

Blimey, I stand corrected, thought he was good, but manure good? Best of luck to the boy, dream move.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:33 am

Really disappointed about Thomas. Against Luton and Morecambe he put in fantastic crosses from the left as soon as he came on. Nobody else in the squad can do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next