Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)

Go down 
+18
Josh Pope
pepsipete
Elias
Greenskin
Jethro
Damon.Lenszner
akagreengull
Motorservices
sufferedsince 68
Chemical Ali
tigertony
Czarcasm
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Les Miserable
AstiSpumante
X Isle
GreenSam
Cornish Rebel
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

How many will we sign?
4+ - Sheridan will go mad panic buying
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
4 - Ambition we want out of this League
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Reasonable number
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 - Not too ambitious pending on who they are
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
1- Better than nothing i guess
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap33%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 10 ]
0 - Sums it up a treat
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap30%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 9 ]
- 0 - we dont need to sign anyone we got stripes and chicken dances.
Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
pilgrimfather

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:04 pm

As transfer windows go, it wasn't a total disaster - didn't lose and key perm players and got Reid and O'Connor back... still don't think it'll be enough to lift us up the league though.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't believe he chose that tinpot outfit over us !! Good luck to the lad, would love to see him earn a permanent deal there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:14 pm

It looks like Kellett has gone to United because their under-21's have loaned out quite a few players. It would appear a big part of him going there is to (quite literally) make up the numbers.

His touch and composure on the ball was way above our current level, that was clear when he was here and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to play in the Prem at some point in his career, but he isn't United class.

Great experience for him though, whatever the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't believe he chose that tinpot outfit over us !!   Good luck to the lad, would love to see him earn a permanent deal there.

Think we can safely say this is the first time Argyle have quite literally lost out on a player happy to come here, because Man U wanted him instead? Nuts innit!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Absolutely, at least now we know we can compete with the big boys.

After me Tring.........WERE NOT VILLAGE ANYMORE Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It looks like Kellett has gone to United because their under-21's have loaned out quite a few players. It would appear a big part of him going there is to (quite literally) make up the numbers.

His touch and composure on the ball was way above our current level, that was clear when he was here and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to play in the Prem at some point in his career, but he isn't United class.

I think he would have benefited more from actually playing whether its here or elsewhere rather than going to man utd to sit on the bench. I guess the exp of working with several top class players and rooney whilst using world class facilities will help him develop for sure but nothing can beat actually playing and te exp that brings.

Plus Man utd dont exactly have a fantastic record for elevating young talent they bring in from other clubs.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Absolutely, at least now we know we can compete with the big boys.

After me Tring.........WERE NOT VILLAGE ANYMORE Very Happy

If he had come to us yes.....but he didn't did he........ Sad .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I think he would have benefited more from actually playing whether its here or elsewhere rather than going to man utd to sit on the bench. I guess the exp of working with several top class players and rooney whilst using world class facilities will help him develop for sure but nothing can beat actually playing and te exp that brings.

Plus Man utd dont exactly have a fantastic record for elevating young talent they bring in from other clubs.

If Kellett plays well in the U21s he might get a call up to the senior squad. If that were the case, he'd be training with Luke Shaw, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Michael Carrick etc. And coached by some of the best defensive coaches in the world. He could make the bench and scrape a Premier League appearance by the end of the season, if not an outside bet at a contract.

Or he could come and finish his season at Argyle and never know what might have happened.

I think 90 percent of us would have done exactly what Kellett has done, and taken the offer of Man Utd U21s. With Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair making their breakthroughs this season, plus James Wilson and Adnan Januzsaj, they aren't a club shy to give good young players in form their chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

If Kellett plays well in the U21s he might get a call up to the senior squad. If that were the case, he'd be training with Luke Shaw, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Michael Carrick etc. And coached by some of the best defensive coaches in the world. He could make the bench and scrape a Premier League appearance by the end of the season, if not an outside bet at a contract.

Or he could come and finish his season at Argyle and never know what might have happened.

I think 90 percent of us would have done exactly what Kellett has done, and taken the offer of Man Utd U21s. With Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair making their breakthroughs this season, plus James Wilson and Adnan Januzsaj, they aren't a club shy to give good young players in form their chance.

Yes but those young players you mention came through their system. Its the young players they bring in that dont go anywhere other than several loans and thrown on the scrap afterwards.

I dont blame him for going there at all in fact i wouldn't have blamed him for choosing scunthorpe i just think he would have benefitted more from actually playing than making up numbers at utd.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Just imagine the immense pride you must feel when you pull on the red Man Utd shirt. Not many players can claim to have done that even if it's only the reserves.

Now contrast that with pulling on the Argyle shirt.

And it will definitely tidy up his CV.

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)   Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle's Transfer Deadline Day (Window closes Monday at 2300)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5