VillageGreen
AstiSpumante
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Not fcuking good enough is it? Can I say that without incurring the wrath of Graiser and TigerTone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Boycott the club...last Saturday for me was the straw that broke the camels back.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Three points from eighteen, the phoney promotion bid is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Not fcuking good enough is it?  Can I say that withkout incurring the wrath of Graiser and TigerTone?

Shocking result to extend a shocking Christmas period.

What an absolute bunch of bottlers we have become - from battling for third we are potentially 5 points off the playoffs - in one fcuking month.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:06 pm

ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Not fcuking good enough is it?  Can I say that withkout incurring the wrath of Graiser and TigerTone?

Shocking result to extend a shocking Christmas period.

What an absolute bunch of bottlers we have become - from battling for third we are potentially 5 points off the playoffs  - in one fcuking month.
With hindsight it was always going to happen, small squad made up with short term loans, add in the Brent factor and hey presto another crap season.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Well that's me done. I get a lot of stick for manipulating the whole family on a Saturday to make sure we're back for 3pm. No more, they come first. Argyle is a stinking, rotten corpse of a football club.

Pompey on Easter Monday though Very Happy got a pass and a day on the drunk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Well that's that then ..season over before February...the gulf between the top 6 and the chasing pack is huge.
There is no way this team of characterless , gutless leaderless shower is ever going to string together 3 wins on the bounce to get us back in the mix.

Brent needs to walk....NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Well that's me done. I get a lot of stick for manipulating the whole family on a Saturday to make sure we're back for 3pm. No more, they come first. Argyle is a stinking, rotten corpse of a football club.

Pompey on Easter Monday though Very Happy got a pass and a day on the drunk

will be joining you comrade Trickle drunk drunk
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Another fantatic result !
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:34 pm

.....hmm, the shit I get for not being able to go often enough for some people.

#neverquitting Laughing
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:42 pm

we were great and will be going up no problem.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Well that's that then ..season over before February...the gulf between the top 6 and the chasing pack is huge.
There is no way this team of characterless , gutless leaderless shower is ever going to string together 3 wins on the bounce to get us back in the mix.

Brent needs to walk....NOW

Looks that way.

Oh well, there is always next season.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:51 pm

X'y, you get shit for being a self-righteous pompous twat, ordering the people of Plymouth to turn up in their tens of thousands whilst yourself supporting the ambition of morally bankrupt owners, one after another. This without attending yourself on any regular basis.

Your irritating voice/posts give owners the freedom to do as they please. Well done for that.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Clubs knackered and the fans are too. Brent out now !
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Amen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
X'y, you get shit for being a self-righteous pompous twat, ordering the people of Plymouth to turn up in their tens of thousands whilst yourself supporting the ambition of morally bankrupt owners, one after another.  This without attending yourself on any regular basis.

Your irritating voice/posts give owners the freedom to do as they please.  Well done for that.

Very Happy ouch even I felt that one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Oh dear, not the required result, will be interesting to read a few match reports(particularly Greenskin's) to see how we played, I didn't even listen to the radio so apart from the result which I've only just heard I'm in the dark, if it's anything like the last month It'll be a load of bollocks foreshore. Spent the afternoon eating and drinking at the Royal William Yard, thoroughly enjoyable. Argyle have got their work cut out if they want me back.

Everybody Out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:18 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Spent the afternoon eating and drinking at the Royal William Yard, thoroughly enjoyable. !
WHERE did you go and WHAT did you eat?

report asap plz
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

ejh wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
X'y, you get shit for being a self-righteous pompous twat, ordering the people of Plymouth to turn up in their tens of thousands whilst yourself supporting the ambition of morally bankrupt owners, one after another.  This without attending yourself on any regular basis.

Your irritating voice/posts give owners the freedom to do as they please.  Well done for that.

Very Happy ouch even I felt that one!

How did it feel?, didn't register here.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Spent the afternoon eating and drinking at the Royal William Yard, thoroughly enjoyable. !
WHERE did you go and WHAT did you eat?

report asap plz

The French place, Pierres for scran and vino

Starter:::Pate and nibbles

Main:::Snails and frogslegsPosh burger and chips bhey

Desert:::More vino

Then to the Seco for a few beers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:50 pm

X Isle wrote:
ejh wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Very Happy  ouch even I felt that one!

How did it feel?, didn't register here.

Of course it didn't register, I don't own PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Oh dear, not the required result, will be interesting to read a few match reports(particularly Greenskin's) to see how we played, I didn't even listen to the radio so apart from the result which I've only just heard I'm in the dark, if it's anything like the last month It'll be a load of bollocks foreshore. Spent the afternoon eating and drinking at the Royal William Yard, thoroughly enjoyable. Argyle have got their work cut out if they want me back.

Yer tiz.

Story of the first half-Argyle played a lot of passing football but most of it was played in front of the Morecambe defence, which isn't a lot of use to anybody-it reminded me at times of the way Wolves used to play when Hoddle was manager, just hitting brick walls all the time, rebounding, then back into the wall again. I do think that Argyle badly miss Kellett's pace and attacking instinct down the left-I didn't think Purrington played badly but he isn't such a natural player in getting forward as Kellett.I didn't see the goal live, went for a slash and just caught [on the TV screen] Reuben outmuscling a defender, beating the keeper and slotting home-presumably it was from a long ball, ironic in view of the laborious build up prior to that. Morecambe could consider themselves unfortunate IMHO-they certainly had the best two chances, one of which led to McCormick sustaining a hand injury which led to his substitution at HT and the advent of Bittner for his debut. Argyle had a good chance to extend their lead early in the second half when Bobby Reid was through but saw his chipped effort saved-not long after that Morecambe equalised from a corner which was flicked on for a free header which the guy couldn't miss. Argyle huffed and puffed after that but did not look convincing-a great cross from Thomas was almost converted by Reuben at the near post, Brunt headed over but Morecambe again had the best chance when Ellison completely miskicked when in acres of space at the far post-if it gone in, Argyle couldn't really have complained.

Another bitterly disappointing day. For the first time this season ,i'm really starting to write off Argyle's chances and fear that some chickens may be coming home to roost. The balance and composition of the midfield players is plainly wrong and they are never going to be able to support Reuben to the required degree-the simple fact is that the rest of the team is just not capable of scoring enough goals to make the crucial difference. I would doubt very much if tactical switches would make a material difference but it may be worth just playing Cox and Reid in a destroyer/playmaker combination with Alessandra and Kellett [ if we can get him] in the wide berths-if that means loan players not getting a game, then so be it but something has to change. Whether Sheridan is to blame for not recruiting the right type of player or other factors have precluded the signing of midfielders who have a chance of scoring a goal or two is a matter of opinion but bearing in mind the record of the manager at previous clubs, i would suspect the latter. One thing that does bug me is the set pieces taken by Bobby, fan of his though I am-absolutely useless and an invitation for the keeper to pluck the ball out of the air. Surprised that the coaching staff haven't worked that out and acted accordingly yet.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Who's advising Brent these days? Get rid of Kellett and O'Connor we'll have a decent mid-table team...
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Yer tiz.

Story of the first half-Argyle played a lot of passing football but most of it was played in front of the Morecambe defence, which isn't a lot of use to anybody-it reminded me at times of the way Wolves used to play when Hoddle was manager, just hitting brick walls all the time, rebounding, then back into the wall again. I do think that Argyle badly miss Kellett's pace and attacking instinct down the left-I didn't think Purrington played badly but he isn't such a natural player in getting forward as Kellett.I didn't see the goal live, went for a slash and just caught [on the TV screen] Reuben outmuscling a defender, beating the keeper and slotting home-presumably it was from a long ball, ironic in view of the laborious build up prior to that. Morecambe could consider themselves unfortunate IMHO-they certainly had the best two chances, one of which led to McCormick sustaining a hand injury which led to his substitution at HT and the advent of Bittner for his debut. Argyle had a good chance to extend their lead early in the second half when Bobby Reid was through but saw his chipped effort saved-not long after that Morecambe equalised from a corner which was flicked on for a free header which the guy couldn't miss. Argyle huffed and puffed after that but did not look convincing-a great cross from Thomas was almost converted by Reuben at the near post, Brunt headed over but Morecambe again had the best chance when Ellison completely miskicked when in acres of space at the far post-if it gone in, Argyle couldn't really have complained.

Another bitterly disappointing day. For the first time this season ,i'm really starting to write off Argyle's chances and fear that some chickens may be coming home to roost. The balance and composition of the midfield players is plainly wrong and they are never going to be able to support Reuben to the required degree-the simple fact is that the rest of the team is just not capable of scoring enough goals to make the crucial difference. I would doubt very much if tactical switches would make a material difference but it may be worth just playing Cox and Reid in a destroyer/playmaker combination with Alessandra and Kellett [ if we can get him] in the wide berths-if that means loan players not getting a game, then so be it but something has to change. Whether Sheridan is to blame for not recruiting the right type of player or other factors have precluded the signing of midfielders who have a chance of scoring a goal or two is a matter of opinion but bearing in mind the record of the manager at previous clubs, i would suspect the latter. One thing that does bug me is the set pieces taken by Bobby, fan of his though I am-absolutely useless and an invitation for the keeper to pluck the ball out of the air. Surprised that the coaching staff haven't worked that out and acted accordingly yet.

Thankyou, excellent as usual.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Boycott the club...last Saturday for me was the straw that broke the camels back.

Way ahead of you mate. Lost interest long before last season. I have only been to three games so far this season and on those visits the boredom that sunk in was unstoppable, believe me.

The only game that i did enjoy was Portsmouth at home, but i did watch it in the pub with friends and it was a grand day too.

I will go to one or two more before the season end, starting with the Accrington Stanley home fixture i expect.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe Match Thread   Morecambe Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morecambe Match Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next