16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:35 pm

MannameadGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
MannameadGreen wrote:
I'm not a fan of Brent. But that doesn't mean he can be blamed for Sheridan's errors. Brent doesn't play Tyler Harvey in centre midfield. Brent doesn't coach Alessandra to just freeze when he has the ball in the area.

Some of the fault lies with Brent - our budget isn't huge, and the off-the-pitch instability may well be contributing to some of the poor on-field performances. I rate Sheridan as a manager higher than I do Brent as a football club owner. But the manager has the much greater effect on performances. Yesterday was the difference between a well coached team and a poorly coached one.

Sheridan's done well to sign some players who are very good for this league. But I ask you to imagine where we'd be with John Still, Justin Edinburgh, Keith Hill, John Coleman, Micky Mellon, Martin Allen, Paul Tisdale et cetera

None of them would do any better under Brent, The longer Brent stays the longer Argyle stay in the depths of the football league.
Why?

We have undeniably good players: McCormick, Hartley, Nelson, McHugh, Mellor, Cox and Reuben would walk into any team in this league. There's no players who are obviously not good enough for a promotion team, bar Smalley and maybe Marvin Morgan. Why would a better manager not be able to do more with these players?

because the same problems would still be there. Bent's lack of interest, budgets things dont magically get better because you got rid of the easy option ie manager. Sheridan has won this league a few years ago and the JPT while also winning league 2 manager of the year so its not like he cant do it himself with these players and chesterfield werent that impressive.

Easy to blame the manager or jump on the bandwagon when its all going great but getting rid of him doesnt solve anything. Brent is still there.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Its all Sheridans fault! The Brent faithful blaming the manager, yet very few on Nools Forum want to look at the bigger picture and look how the club is run? What will sacking Sherridan do? Brent and his budget will still be there! To many Super Nerds who's only knowledge of football is via their playstation or pasoti! No wonder the club is a Basket Case.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Look at it this way:

The players this year are man for man MUCH better than last season. No-one can really deny that.

Yet positionally we're only one spot above last season. So no manager like Paul Tisdale or Graham Westley (who are both above us in the league table with sides who have much smaller budgets than ourselves) could possibly be doing better than Sheridan currently is? This logic does not compute.

My point is not a pro-Brent point but an anti-Sheridan point. I've phrased it so many different ways but it's as simple as that. Just my opinion, nothing more or less.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:28 pm

How come we've managed to get these players in on a poor budget then? If rumours are to be believed then people like Hartley and Reid are on about 2k a week. Others will also be on decent wages, and we'll be paying fees for loans as well.

Blaming Sheridan for the poor form doesn't instantly make you Brent-o-phile ffs.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Sheridan has been trying to build his team with one hand tied behind his back. Many of us were applauding him earlier in the summer when he was securing his targets early doors. Then he had Hourihane sold against his wishes. With most of the budget already spent that was a huge loss and finding a like for like replacement who could chip in with a reasonable amount of goals was near-on impossible. How many points more would we now have if Hourihane was still with us?

On top of that is the lack of meaningful 2nd team football for our fringe players. When we need them to step up they're not really match fit. This is unlikely to change whoever the manager is.

The pissing about with loan signings? Sheridan has made it clear he wanted to retain them, who's in charge of negotiations, Starnes? Seems to me Sheridan is now in limbo not knowing if they're returning or not.

I should think Sheridan is as frustrated as we are.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
How come we've managed to get these players in on a poor budget then? If rumours are to be believed then people like Hartley and Reid are on about 2k a week. Others will also be on decent wages, and we'll be paying fees for loans as well.

Blaming Sheridan for the poor form doesn't instantly make you Brent-o-phile ffs.
With you and Sam running the Trust i would say its finished, Brent will get a free ride.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Having admittedly only seen us 4 times this season, I'm not convinced any of our players are that good, McCormick/Reid (perhaps Kellett) aside. They're mostly bog standard for the division we're in.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Remember..... O'Connor could have been ours.......the clubs had agreed a deal....but O'Connor said no.......he has kept his options open.....his contract at Blackburn finishes in the summer.....and they have basically said he has no future at Blackburn......he obviously feels that he can do better then signing full time for Argyle.......maybe he has no confidence that Sheridan can get him Div1 football next season.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

With you and Sam running the Trust i would say its finished, Brent will get a free ride.

Well thanks for that vote of confidence for two of our Trusts Committee......although they would probably be more worried if you had backed them........ laugh .
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:17 pm

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Well thanks for that vote of confidence for two of our Trusts Committee......although they would probably be more worried if you had backed them........ laugh .

I think Brent is the one who is finished.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:22 pm

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Well thanks for that vote of confidence for two of our Trusts Committee......although they would probably be more worried if you had backed them........ laugh .flower
Keep walking towards the light..sunny
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:33 pm

zyph wrote:
Remember..... O'Connor could have been ours.......the clubs had agreed a deal....but O'Connor said no.......he has kept his options open.....his contract at Blackburn finishes in the summer.....and they have basically said he has no future at Blackburn......he obviously feels that he can do better then signing full time for Argyle.......maybe he has no confidence that Sheridan can get him Div1 football next season.

He's still prepared to play for us for the rest of the season on loan, an ambitious club would've had this sorted out already.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm confident that the Trust will do it's best......as long as they don't get rubbished by the likes of you SS 68/69.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
zyph wrote:

He's still prepared to play for us for the rest of the season on loan, an ambitious club would've had this sorted out already.

Takes time to agree a new loan contract....doesn't matter how keen Argyle are.....the ball is in Blackburns court.....they might get another offer...which O'Connor might take too from another source.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:41 pm

zyph wrote:
I'm confident that the Trust will do it's best......as long as they don't get rubbished by the likes of you SS 68/69.

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:43 pm

zyph wrote:

You wouldn't hear a bad word said against them, doing your best isn't always good enough, maybe Sheridan is doing his best but you don't mind slagging him off.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
zyph wrote:

Good Post

That's a Good Post .....about a...... Good Post ......dont let the b******* get you down.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:48 pm

zyph wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
zyph wrote:

Good Post

That's a Good Post .....about a...... Good Post ......dont let the b******* get you down.
Zyph, bit quiet moderating in the Dead Zone is it?geek
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:

You wouldn't hear a bad word said against them, doing your best isn't always good enough, maybe Sheridan is doing his best but you don't mind slagging him off.

Slagging Sheridan off ....not me......maybe O'Connor isn't confident that he can get him Div1 football nexy season.....that's not slagging Sheridan off, that's O'Connor being realistic.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:55 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
zyph wrote:

Good Post

Zyph, bit quiet moderating in the Dead Zone is it?geek

Moderates itself actually SS68/69 when troublemakers stay away....... some very good Super Mods to help you out when necessary as you probably know.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:56 pm

zyph wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
zyph wrote:

Takes time to agree a new loan contract....doesn't matter how keen Argyle are.....the ball is in Blackburns court.....they might get another offer...which O'Connor might take too from another source.

Again, who's responsible for negotiations?  The bottom line is Sheridan is now apparently left in limbo through no fault of his own.  Made worse by the B. Reid saga. The fact we're so reliant on loanees is a crap situation to be in.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:02 pm

O' connor probably thinks sheridan will quit soon having had enough of Green Jim, thats why he wont join, either that or Hartlepool have made him a better offer.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
zyph wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
zyph wrote:

Again, who's responsible for negotiations?  The bottom line is Sheridan is now apparently left in limbo through no fault of his own.  Made worse by the B. Reid saga.

I would assume Sheridan has asked for him back on loan.......but maybe Blackburn are hoping someone comes along that O'Connor says yes to......who knows how these things pan out.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:10 pm

It's infuriating how we're unable to put sides under any pressure when we're chasing the game. Whenever we are holding on we have to repel wave after wave of attacks, but yesterday all we managed were a few corners. Rubbish.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:14 pm

......and going one goal down definately causes a mental block.....and they become accepting that defeat is inevitable........now that is a coaching failure that needs addressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Back - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Back
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next