FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:22 pm

thats going to upset a few people in the business lounge
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Daz tips off Jon B, bingo that'll teach the trust.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 pm

This will put an end to throwing pints over fans heads for nool and gang aswell!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:52 pm

It's shit though isn't it, has drinking during the game resulted in any problems ? I haven't heard of any, 'kin killjoys.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Brenty and the club will shit out on a few bob too.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Am I going nuts, or hasn't it been law that you can't watch football matches whilst consuming alcohol in view of the game for fooking years and years?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Since Heysel I think, so nearly 30 years.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Since Heysel I think, so nearly 30 years.

Thanks. It just goes to show how rank amateur and yes, village, Argyle are that they seemed oblivious to it.

Back in the 90's I used to watch most games from the 'exec' boxes as a mate had one. You weren't allowed to take alcohol back in from the Green Room bar in those days so it looks like things have slipped even further under Brents stewardship.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Why is it a law though? You can drink at a rugby match whilst watching the match can't you?!

But that aside, how village! Tring will have a field day and rightly so.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Why is it a law though? You can drink at a rugby match whilst watching the match can't you?!

But that aside, how village!  Tring will have a field day and rightly so.

Because the people watching rugby and cricket as you can drink at them too arent likely to kick off in the stands after a couple. Some footy fans sadly cant be trusted with booze sadly.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Unique to football YM, been in place for 30 years as others have said. I've sneaked in the odd brandy in my shoes whilst watching Argyle away on a cold winter's night. Geddon.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Yea Man wrote:

It's purely a football thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:58 pm

Football attracts undesirables. We decent folk continue to pay the price............well I don't anymore but you guys do.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Because the people watching rugby and cricket as you can drink at them too arent likely to kick off in the stands after a couple. Some footy fans sadly cant be trusted with booze sadly.

It's a load of fecking nonsense anyway Angers, we used to go to the game then have a few more at the game, a day of steady drinking. The main plan is now to hammer down 4,5,6,7,8 pints before you get to the game as its pretty well impossible to drink at the ground, (barring a couple of well overpriced shit bottled drinks). We then get to the crux is it the drink or the people consuming the drink that are the problem? Surely it would be more effective to legislate against bad behaviour rather than the vehicle used to get to said bad behaviour? The control methods used against football fans wouldn't be tolerated in any other walk of life so why do we put up with them? We aren't living in the seventies anymore let's move on, treat people like cattle and they will act with a herd like mentality, family day experience my arse.
As for the execs. as much as I would like to say feck them in a clas war like attitude I think that they also should be able to enjoy a beer watching the match, funny it's being going on for thirty years with no problems with no one noticing, probably because feck all has happened.
#policestate
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

It's a load of fecking nonsense anyway Angers, we used to go to the game then have a few more at the game, a day of steady drinking. The main plan is now to hammer down 4,5,6,7,8 pints before you get to the game as its pretty well impossible to drink at the ground, (barring a couple of well overpriced shit bottled drinks). We then get to the crux is it the drink or the people consuming the drink that are the problem? Surely it would be more effective to legislate against bad behaviour rather than the vehicle used to get to said bad behaviour? The control methods used against football fans wouldn't be tolerated in any other walk of life so why do we put up with them? We aren't living in the seventies anymore let's move on, treat people like cattle and they will act with a herd like mentality, family day experience my arse.
As for the execs. as much as I would like to say feck them in a clas war like attitude I think that they also should be able to enjoy a beer watching the match, funny it's being going on for thirty years with no problems with no one noticing, probably because feck all has happened.
#policestate

I said some cant be trusted with booze at games not all and its the some that tend to make the trouble.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

#policestate

I said some cant be trusted with booze at games not all and its the some that tend to make the trouble.

Zackly, deal with the trouble makers and let everybody else get on with their day there are some people that can't be trusted with cars but they don't stop us all driving to the game do they?
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:17 pm

As an aside I have been to a lot of rugby matches at clubs big and small and it's not unknown for a fight to break out in a rugby club bar or for people to be ejected from the ground, not common but it does happen. The mindset of rugby fans is different but like I say they aren't treated like cattle.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm

the club continues to cause embarrasment to supporters, when is this shite gonna end FFS !
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Here in Germany, I can watch my local side whilst enjoying a beer and a smoke (the smoking bit is not allowed but everyone - who smokes - ignores it).

Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Iggy wrote:
As an aside I have been to a lot of rugby matches at clubs big and small and it's not unknown for a fight to break out in a rugby club bar or for people to be ejected from the ground, not common but it does happen. The mindset of rugby fans is different but like I say they aren't treated like cattle.

But how many crowd probs in and outside the ground due to booze has rugby had over the years compared to football in this country? Serving booze during games would be fine and dandy in todays football market however while there are idiots who cant drink to be sociable but to get hammered and i see enough of them kat games they will never bring it back.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Here in Germany, I can watch my local side whilst enjoying a beer and a smoke (the smoking bit is not allowed but everyone - who smokes - ignores it).

germany isnt a nazi state...anymore with enforcing laws like that cheers
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

But how many crowd probs in and outside the ground due to booze  has rugby had over the years compared to football in this country? Serving booze during games would be fine and dandy in todays football market however while there are idiots who cant drink to be sociable but to get hammered and i see enough of them kat games they will never bring it back.

But the vast majority of the stadium has been enforcing this law all along, it's just the Tribute lounge and executive boxes that haven't and I'm unaware of any drink related problems, surely they should be allowed to wash their prawn sarnies down with a beer ? The Tribute lounge is hardly the Royal Marine(Efford) 30 years ago.
Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:46 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

But how many crowd probs in and outside the ground due to booze  has rugby had over the years compared to football in this country? Serving booze during games would be fine and dandy in todays football market however while there are idiots who cant drink to be sociable but to get hammered and i see enough of them kat games they will never bring it back.

But the vast majority of the stadium has been enforcing this law all along, it's just the Tribute lounge and executive boxes that haven't and I'm unaware of any drink related problems, surely they should be allowed to wash their prawn sarnies down with a beer ?  The Tribute lounge is hardly the Royal Marine(Efford) 30 years ago.

The stewards tend to be hot on anyone looking pissed in the stands or hammering the stuff in the kiosk areas so atm its controlled not to say a few dont slip the net.

Josh is ignoring this post i see Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FAO Josh Pope Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Josh Pope   FAO Josh Pope Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Josh Pope
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next