swampy
seadog
Dougie
mouldyoldgoat
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:50 am

GibGreen wrote:
Oh, standby for Argyleiggy to end up over here! (Unless he/she's already here of course).

Whoever it is has just posted the link to a 'libellous' website!!

In Terraces.

Gone quicker than you can say "libellous site".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:53 am

What link was posted as a matter of interest? Can't even view Pasoti now. Can someone check to see if Argyleiggy is also banned now. The mods haven't replied to my e-mail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:54 am

What I don't understand is that the Pasoti wise ones must realise that their motives have been rumbled, so why continue it and continue to have members drift away?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:55 am

greenjock wrote:
What link was posted as a matter of interest? Can't even view Pasoti now. Can someone check to see if Argyleiggy is also banned now. The mods haven't replied to my e-mail.
The same one as yours.

Trying deleting your cookies and resetting your IP.

Then at least you'll be allowed to view.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

greenjock wrote:

Can't see the relevant thread and I see no mention of anyone being banned since you were Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 am

Just like to say "Hi" to our Pasoti mods that are reading ATD today! lol!

RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 Wave2
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Phenom wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Threat of a libel action against the one time owner of the old site ultimately led to it closing down.

highly doubt it still to this day the libel suit. if it were the case ever forum on the internet would be sued.

There was not a case, just a threat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 pm

funny man wrote:
GibGreen wrote:
Oh, standby for Argyleiggy to end up over here! (Unless he/she's already here of course).

In Terraces.

I am already here. In a strangely ironic twist I have had to re-register here as my old account was deactivated. Very Happy My post lasted about 10 minutes then I had a PM from some guy that likes washing powder complaining that that thread is insulting to a mate of his. Laughing I have pointed out that that thread is actually really f**king funny and if his mate didn't post as Porkus whilst at the same time complaining about trolls hiding behind aliases then he wouldn't come in for that kind of stick and asked him to have a quiet word with his mate.
Wouldn't it be funny if other people thought it would be funny to share something like this as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Porkfree wrote:
funny man wrote:
GibGreen wrote:

In Terraces.

I am already here. In a strangely ironic twist I have had to re-register here as my old account was deactivated. Very Happy My post lasted about 10 minutes then I had a PM from some guy that likes washing powder complaining that that thread is insulting to a mate of his. Laughing I have pointed out that that thread is actually really f**king funny and if his mate didn't post as Porkus whilst at the same time complaining about trolls hiding behind aliases then he wouldn't come in for that kind of stick and asked him to have a quiet word with his mate.
Wouldn't it be funny if other people thought it would be funny to share something like this as well?

Now that would be funny if the thread kept appearing from different people Razz I know that mine was viewed 85 times before they removed it. So why am I banned but you're not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Welcome Porkfree, love the name! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Just to show that we on ATD can take as well as give.....

Click here for the Exeweb thread
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm

GOB wrote:
Newell and Webb gained their positions for claiming to be representative of Pasoti and therefore the fans, neither have gained their positions through the ballot box and neither have a mandate from the fans. Both hold their positions because of the control that they have over Pasoti, Newell by way of owner/moderator and Webb as his side kick picking up the sweepings.

As long as Webb is growing beards, wearing wigs and is generally acting as the club clown I don't have a problem, as long as he remains as just that and not a Brent puppet.

As the voice behind Pasoti becomes more and more quiet Newell will not be able to justify his position in the Directors Box and he'll be dumped.

I wonder if Brent has been even informed that ATD exist, he maybe surprised to know that we're not all singing all dancing Newell fans and that Newell doesn't control the Internet fan base, as he claims.

I do bellieve Chris Webb gave James Brent transcripts of some threads on ATD some time ago,so he certainly knows of its existence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Well. Where do I start?

Somebody posts a link to a genuinely funny thread (I love the 'boy for sale' picture Very Happy ) on our so-called* rivals' website. It's deleted, and the poster banned, for linking to a 'libellous website'. Upon which our so-called leader has made endless, much nastier posts. Or was that his son?

Then somebody else posts the link and is told it's been deleted because it was insulting to a mods' mate. From what I recall of the pasoti agreement, that's not against the rules.

A number of people on here - including me - have been insulted and worse on pasoti. Some of those insults and abuse have even come from mods (not all of them, of course, but more than one). This is hypocrisy M&S style.

What we have here is a small group of people who are, apparently, congenitally unable to understand that it's possible to hold different points of view. Anybody who doesn't agree with them must be the enemy, to be brought down by any means possible. Tactics include calling people 'educated wankers'**, getting a mate to throw a pint over them***, or encouraging people to believe that they must be corrupt because they do the odd bit of voluntary work for the club. Amongst many others.

Worse, this small group appears to hold some sway over the new owner. It's small-minded, small town stuff, but it's hugely dangerous to our club. Let's hope that a few more people have had their eyes opened today.

*Me, I'm of the generation that views Pompey as our proper rivals: Exeter are just the cute little kittens up the road.

**Cos, you know, the country would be far better off if we didn't bother to educate people, wouldn't it?

***This really did happen to somebody; I'm sorry if I've embarrassed or caused any difficulty to him by mentioning it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:38 pm

That's about the jist of it Peggy! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Having seen the pm, the Names involved mean nothing but it does highlight the sad games Newell is playing. He clearly is a pathetic creature
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:56 pm

GOB wrote:
Phenom wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Threat of a libel action against the one time owner of the old site ultimately led to it closing down.

highly doubt it still to this day the libel suit. if it were the case ever forum on the internet would be sued.

There was a threat but the threat was from Newell and directed at the old owner of the old site and believed to be completely made up. Considering that the old owner was "in" with Newell it was obvious what the agenda was and it wasn't taken seriously. After all, what sort of fan would attempt to close a fellow fans site?

Legal threats are i question as you have to have some pretty sold evidence of libel to even have a solicitor waste his time to write a letter up Since there was a disclaimer saying all view express are that of the individual and not of the forum's the indivdual could have been sued not the forum so someone is bullshitting about this stroy of threats. i personally believe dan just didnt care about that place as he supports spurs now and just gave it to ian as a way of washing his hands clean.

very immature thing to do but hey on the bright side you created a better forum

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:
Newell and Webb gained their positions for claiming to be representative of Pasoti and therefore the fans, neither have gained their positions through the ballot box and neither have a mandate from the fans. Both hold their positions because of the control that they have over Pasoti, Newell by way of owner/moderator and Webb as his side kick picking up the sweepings.

As long as Webb is growing beards, wearing wigs and is generally acting as the club clown I don't have a problem, as long as he remains as just that and not a Brent puppet.

As the voice behind Pasoti becomes more and more quiet Newell will not be able to justify his position in the Directors Box and he'll be dumped.

I wonder if Brent has been even informed that ATD exist, he maybe surprised to know that we're not all singing all dancing Newell fans and that Newell doesn't control the Internet fan base, as he claims.

I do bellieve Chris Webb gave James Brent transcripts of some threads on ATD some time ago,so he certainly knows of its existence.

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

Last edited by Phenom on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Just posted a link to Sturtz thread again. Deleted again after 5 mins without explanation. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:05 pm

altijd groen wrote:
Just posted a link to Sturtz thread again. Deleted again after 5 mins without explanation. Rolling Eyes

But are you banned for doing it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:15 pm

greenjock wrote:
altijd groen wrote:

But are you banned for doing it?

No, it was just deleted. No PM or e-mail either. Must try harder No Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Well I just e-mailed the mods and its safe to say mine will be a lifetime ban now Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Maybe somebody could email the link to James Brent, he seems like he's good for a laugh....
Back to top Go down
Greendave

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm

What a bunch of wankers. pig needs to lighten the f@ck up. Little bloody Hitler
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Greendave wrote:
What a bunch of wankers. pig needs to lighten the f@ck up. Little bloody Hitler

From the sounds of it, it was one of the SS bodyguard who did the foul deed.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:53 pm

They should replace the buffoon known as Daz in the farmhouse mod room, as he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

The thread (not site) in question is clearly a parody and as such, is exempt from libel law.

The only libel being commited, is the branding of Exeweb as a 'libelous' site.

Oh the irony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Tynans Jockstrip
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Scandal So Far....-
Jump to: