seadog
Dougie
mouldyoldgoat
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 pm

swampy wrote:
For linking to libellous websityes no less?

A quick search for www.exeweb would disprove this theory. Maybe the North Korean mods will be having a busy night?

Maybe this OP should be banned too http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56067&p=963362&hilit=www.exeweb#p963362

Final edit to fix link - http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56067

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Moving along, answer me this, who's website is this and how is it funded? I don't want to step on any toes, but this could be a true alternative to Pasoti if more people knew about it. I will look into some sponsorship next week when I'm properly back at work, how else can I help?

It does not have an owner as such, it was set up by Gob and is free, payment is required to keep it Ad free. Tring is the registered holder and various Mods chip in with payments as required. Think that covers it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

They are a bit slow allowing Pasoti to take the blame, I expected ATD to shoulder for this one! lol!

I'm going to sit back and watch this one implode!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:01 pm

swampy wrote:
For linking to libellous websityes no less?

Apparently Swampy, Ian Newell is a big fan of yours. Swampy rules according to him.
My advice to anyone receiving anything from Ian Newell is to totally ignore it. He's a wind up merchant who would love to cause this website trouble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:08 pm

I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Except maybe view Pasoti on my other computer for all the latest on the Argyle Ultras. So if I've got this right, I have been banned for mod abuse? For posting a link to the Exeweb very funny thread about our demise that keeps referring to Ian Newell as Porkie, and yet he posts himself under the username Porkus?

I guess my invite to have a pint with Porkus at a fanfest is now out of the window?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Ah well at least 85 people viewed the post before it was deleted. I can just see the scene now. 83 fuckwits PM'ing Newell frantically to let him know it was there, and 2 people being banned for laughing a it.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm

greenjock wrote:
I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Except maybe view Pasoti on my other computer for all the latest on the Argyle Ultras. So if I've got this right, I have been banned for mod abuse? For posting a link to the Exeweb very funny thread about our demise that keeps referring to Ian Newell as Porkie, and yet he posts himself under the username Porkus?

I guess my invite to have a pint with Porkus at a fanfest is now out of the window?

Safe to yes I would say. Don't know about mod abuse, the term seems to be linking to a libellous site. The same libellous line the Pasoti mods always trot out, yet any other fans website you read has far more potentially libellous posts than Pasoti ever does and invariably stronger language too. Must keep it clean you know and not have anyone upsetting the party line. In this particular instance I think it is more a case of a huge humour bypass by the mods. It is good sometimes to be able to laugh at yourselves and to apppreciate what was actually a very funny thread. Oh well, another couple of recruits to ATD will probably come out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 am

i was only joking fellas when i said post it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:37 am

I didn't post the sponsors name. I posted the link to the funny thread by Sturtz on Exeweb and just called it funny and depressing. If I try to go on PASOTI now it says my IP address is banned due to Mod abuse. Sense of humour bypass!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:34 am

"People. You wouldn't believe the amount of abuse we mods receive." Rolling Eyes pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
"People. You wouldn't believe the amount of abuse we mods receive." Rolling Eyes pig

I know, its terrible burden being a mod on this site. Very Happy

But seriously guys, do not underestimate how much some of the mods over there hate this site. The level of hatred is quite scary. They would love to close us down and the dirty tricks they used to close the old site had to be seen to be believed.

It is often said that this site is obsessed with pasoti. Even if that were true, it would be based on a desire for a once entertaining messageboard to return to its former glory. No one wants it to close down, we just want it to be run properly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am

So i take it in the banned section on Pasoti these "libelous" websites they refer to is us and Exeweb lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:26 am

I'm no legal expert but I have done several libel training courses. This line being trotted out about linking to libellous websites being the reason for deleting stuff is utter, utter horseshit. While I don't read exeweb, I can't recall anything libellous being written on this site. I would guess that hundreds - thousands - of libellous statements are made on facebook and twitter every hour of every day. You don't read about those sites being sued or people not linking to them because of it.

And if I read the word 'abuse' again in connection with people posting stuff on a bleeding football messageboard I am going to SCREAM. Get a grip!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:00 am

Threat of a libel action against the one time owner of the old site ultimately led to it closing down.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 am

pepsipete wrote:
Threat of a libel action against the one time owner of the old site ultimately led to it closing down.

That was what he said Pete. We now know there were more devious plans afoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:31 am

Oh, standby for Argyleiggy to end up over here! (Unless he/she's already here of course).

Whoever it is has just posted the link to a 'libellous' website!!

In Terraces.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 am

Nick wrote:
And if I read the word 'abuse' again in connection with people posting stuff on a bleeding football messageboard I am going to SCREAM. Get a grip!
Correct. There are people out there suffering from all kinds of abuse which will severely affect them for the rest of their lives. A few words on the internet is not the same.

It is almost as bad as the crassly disproportionate PASOTI/North Korea analogy mooted on here. In North Korea people live in fear of even uttering discontent should someone hear them and inform the authorities. A third of their populace is severely malnutritioned whilst the army fat cats and state gorge upon the international food aid packages. People cannot even plan a defection in case their own wives and children inform the state and they are sent to the prison work camps. It is pathetic!

No, if you're looking for an analogy, PASOTI is MUCH more like the Nazi regime of the mid 1930s. Only more evil.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 am

I wouldn't take their legal threats too seriously, it seems nearly every week they are threatening someone or something with legal action, who do they think they are f***ing Petrocelli ?!
They need to get a grip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 am

punchdrunk wrote:
I wouldn't take their legal threats too seriously, it seems nearly every week they are threatening someone or something with legal action, who do they think they are f***ing Petrocelli ?!
They need to get a grip.

Quite right, as anyone with half a screw will realise, it's just the propagenda kicking in.

I've often wondered why there was such a concerted and intense effort to close our last site, it was so intense that I can only assume that Newell, and Ponty and Co. really didn’t want a voice outside of Pasoti and therefore beyond their control. I guess it all falls neatly into place when you consider what’s happened since and the “perks” gained by one or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 am

Ian Newell has revealed himself to be nothing more than a vile bully. Take no notice of him whatsoever. He is the typical keyboard warrior. Offers to meet you in person so you can repeat whatever you have typed, but makes himself out to be all holier than thou. Meanwhile on Exeweb he's giving it large and doing just what you get banned on Pasoti for.

Pasoti used to be such a great site with free discussion of views and opinions. Nobody got all ansty and threatened libel action or anything else. Ian Newell is a sad old wanker that has distorted Pasoti for his own self grandioseness. He reads everything that gets posted on here, whether he is signed up or not, I don't know. He must be a very insecure bloke to feel threatened by ATD. This site is fast becoming what Pasoti used to be - popular open debate. Is that a major threat then Mr Newell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:30 am

I was just looking on Argyle Insider and saw the fat twats ugly mug on there, so I viewed his profile and someone called Amanda Lines contacted him in 2010 to ask if he was still interested in meeting up for sex. Now she's either a mental case or Mr Newell has been suggesting they meet up for sex. Is Mr Newell married by any chance?

Last edited by greenjock on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 am

pepsipete wrote:

highly doubt it still to this day the libel suit. if it were the case ever forum on the internet would be sued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:42 am

Newell and Webb gained their positions for claiming to be representative of Pasoti and therefore the fans, neither have gained their positions through the ballot box and neither have a mandate from the fans. Both hold their positions because of the control that they have over Pasoti, Newell by way of owner/moderator and Webb as his side kick picking up the sweepings.

As long as Webb is growing beards, wearing wigs and is generally acting as the club clown I don't have a problem, as long as he remains as just that and not a Brent puppet.

As the voice behind Pasoti becomes more and more quiet Newell will not be able to justify his position in the Directors Box and he'll be dumped.

I wonder if Brent has been even informed that ATD exist, he maybe surprised to know that we're not all singing all dancing Newell fans and that Newell doesn't control the Internet fan base, as he claims.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 am

Phenom wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

highly doubt it still to this day the libel suit. if it were the case ever forum on the internet would be sued.

There was a threat but the threat was from Newell and directed at the old owner of the old site and believed to be completely made up. Considering that the old owner was "in" with Newell it was obvious what the agenda was and it wasn't taken seriously. After all, what sort of fan would attempt to close a fellow fans site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 am

And to think of the amount of times Chris and others were saying they didn't know who invited Wrathall to HP and Newell knew all along. Now anyone reckon that if Newell knew that Chris Webb might have known too? I haven't got a beef with Chris but just by association now he has lost any support I might have had for him. And I would love to see Greengenes comments on my banning and justify it. I like Greengenes comments on here as the voice of reason but on this occasion it will be hard for him to defend the Pasoti mafia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Tynans Jockstrip   RIP Tynans Jockstrip - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Tynans Jockstrip
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Scandal So Far....-
Jump to: