+3
seadog
Czarcasm
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:12 am

A LABOUR Government would give Argyle fans the chance to have their say in the boardroom and sack directors who they feel are not running the club properly, it has been announced.

Shadow sports minister Clive Efford came to the city on Thursday to meet Martyn Starnes, chief executive of The Pilgrims, and the Argyle Fans' Trust to discuss his ideas for a shake-up of how football clubs are run.

Under his plans, a fans' trust would be able to appoint and remove up to a quarter of the directors from a club's board if they did not feel the club was being run acceptably. The body of supporters would also be given the opportunity to purchase up to 10 per cent of the shares when a club changes ownership.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 am

Fine in theory. In practice it would be a monumental task to implement given the various ownership differences at different clubs. Clubs doing this ought to do it because it's a sensible thing to do, not because they are ordered to do it. Can you imagine some fella from the fish and chip shop sat next to Ferguson and Charlton in the Man United Boardroom with voting rights to oust either of them?Very Happy

Fantasy football, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 am

It's a Labour plan - ie it'll never happen.

I tried sharing my concerns with Labour candidate Luke Pollard for Plym Sutton and Devonport, but he just sort of ignored me. Sort of like the last time I raised a good argument against the bloke. Doesn't seem like a good potential MP for me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:06 am

Right after they renationalise the railways.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 am

More pie in the sky delusions of a communist utopia from the 'labour' party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 am

Yep, let's not buck the perfect Tory led utopia that we live in eh?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
More pie in the sky delusions of a communist utopia from the 'labour' party.
Hardly a communist utopia if they plan to continue Tory spending cuts until 2018- their argument is that they just won't cut so badly. The lesser evil capitalists does not communism make.

As for these plans, I'm keeping an open mind until more details are out. In theory, it seems a good idea but I can foresee wormholes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Only need Peggy to comment and complete the axis of evil. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Yep, let's not buck the perfect Tory led utopia that we live in eh?

lol! Less than 20mins..............impressive comrade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Getting back on the rails...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Though this bit is new...

"A LABOUR Government would give Argyle fans the chance to have their say in the boardroom and sack directors who they feel are not running the club properly, it has been announced."

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Iggy wrote:
Why bring Peggy personally into this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Tim Chown wrote:

"A LABOUR Government would give Argyle fans the chance to have their say in the boardroom and sack directors who they feel are not running the club properly, it has been announced."

and in reality that wont be as straight forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Tim Chown wrote:

and in reality that wont be as straight forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Why bring Peggy personally into this?

I was only taking the piss as Les Mis has previously referred to myself Sam and Peggy as the ATD left wing militia or something.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:37 pm

thats desperate from labour- think about the red tape involved, then think about the amount of votes it will win - feck all - certainly not enough to oust the tory cnuts
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:55 am

To be fair they do say that any "supporters reps." would have to be given appropriate training, including confidentiality. So you aren't just going to get Billy Bloggs walking in off the street and sacking board members.

Posters need to be aware that the Tories also have plans to shake up the boardrooms of Britain's football clubs and give fans more representation as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom   Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom Empty

Back to top Go down

Labour plan to give Argyle fans a say in boardroom
Page 1 of 1