HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Argyle Boardroom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The Argyle Boardroom Empty
PostSubject: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 am

What is it full of? I mean in terms of footballing knowledge, knowhow, and experience?

How many of them would seriously be able to make a savvy judgement call on whether Fletcher is under-performing, middling, or excelling as a manager?

These novices are charged with making the biggest decisions that affect our club - and I'm not talking about what they're planning on building in the car park.

We've heard nothing from Peter Jones for months. Only then after that very point is made and highlighted on this site and the other one in recent weeks, he's wheeled out for the Trust Q and A and Senior Greens(?) He's the one solitary figure that has any experience at all of running a football club.

That just isn't enough.

It pains me to say it, but I'd walk to Exeter and carry Steve Perryman back on my shoulders if it meant we had a proper genuine knowledgable fella at the heart of the club, who could oversee a lot of the footballing side, as well as advising the suits in the Boardroom as to exactly what they should be doing to get this club on the right path.

I really don't like my club very much at the minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 am

Run by armatures and financed by fans, there's only one direction that PAFC is heading and it isn't upwards.

PAFC has "Conference" written all over it, or whatever it's called these days.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 am

Argyle has suffered under some useless boards but this current one wins the prize. They are worse than useless. An absolute liability. They MUST be driven out!

BOARD OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:17 am

There's your marketing one-liner to get people to use the facilities in the new Grandstand -

"Conferences in the Conference"

Like Gob that's where I fear we're headed. All the 'additional revenue streams' won't matter a toss if we're lining up against Hayes & Yeading or Bradford Park Avenue (or whichever deadbeats there are at that level of football). There's so much talk from the two visible Board members about what will be happening off the field in 2 or 3 years time, I genuinely worry that they don't care - or even know - what's happening on the field now.

Surely, though, you don't need to be a football expert in order to interpret the current league table - and indeed the league table from last January's transfer window. Any lower and we'll drop off the bottom of the Pools coupon. We can't hold on to a lead, and for all the propaganda about Fletch wanting us to adopt a passing style, we just haven't got the personnel to do that. The most accomplished demonstration of footballing ability from an Argyle player this season came in a 20 minute cameo from a player being derided as a 'Part-time Fireman'.

We're shit, and we know we are. And the Directors must realise it too; and if they don't, why not talk to fans who actually pay for their tickets, go to games whatever the weather, and aren't just freeloading chancers who are happy to pay Brent's debts for him in return for a seat in the Directors Box.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 am

As the resident Bradford Park Avenue expert on ATD, I think your mention of Park Avenue is quite apt Andy.

Bradford Park Avenue were a proper league club for most of their existance in the football league and were easily on a par with Bradford City. It was only in the 60s when their incompetent (and possibly criminal) board of directors destroyed the club. Promising young players were sold for a pittance and the transfer fees "disappeared". After four years of applying for re-election the club were kicked out of the league before dying of shame in the northern non league game in 1974.

I see lots of parallels with Argyle. We have had four years of catastrophic failure on the pitch, and it looks like we are heading for a fifth. Our young stars were sold for a pittance and are now shining for their new clubs. There is no sign that our decline has been halted - it may have slowed but we are still going backwards.

Even if they don't look back as far as Bradford, how many of our directors looked at the conference and recognised the names Wrexham, Grimsby, Luton, Mansfield, Hereford, Cambridge, Lincoln and Stockport? How are we going to avoid a similar fate?

Personally, I think we are fooked with the current regime. I don't think they get it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 am

Czarcasm wrote:
What is it full of? I mean in terms of footballing knowledge, knowhow, and experience?

How many of them would seriously be able to make a savvy judgement call on whether Fletcher is under-performing, middling, or excelling as a manager?

These novices are charged with making the biggest decisions that affect our club - and I'm not talking about what they're planning on building in the car park.

We've heard nothing from Peter Jones for months. Only then after that very point is made and highlighted on this site and the other one in recent weeks, he's wheeled out for the Trust Q and A and Senior Greens(?) He's the one solitary figure that has any experience at all of running a football club.

That just isn't enough.

It pains me to say it, but I'd walk to Exeter and carry Steve Perryman back on my shoulders if it meant we had a proper genuine knowledgable fella at the heart of the club, who could oversee a lot of the footballing side, as well as advising the suits in the Boardroom as to exactly what they should be doing to get this club on the right path.I really don't like my club very much at the minute.

Amazing how things work out. Stevey P just got involved by chance (think he may have just been down on holiday...ring any bells) and just helped out. He never wanted the managers job just happy to still be involved in football. As a Club we have never looked back (yes he gets his expenses paid...but not alot else). His Spurs contacts have brought us some talented youngsters and his help for Tisdale cannot be measured in simply 2 promotions, but the complete sea change in how City play from the under 10s to the senior team and a legacy which will probably last another 10 years. Perryman never misses a game and is the heart and soul of City and represents all that is good in football.

Czar, I know you can't really accept this from a City fan, so just accept it from a fan of his local club...Argyle are treading water at the moment (rather than drowning) and it will probably take another season or two of nothingness before you will rise up the leagues. It may mean a manager or two in the meantime, but it won't mean relegation to the Conferenc. IMO you are better to tread water now whilst you slowly rebuild and create proper more solid foundations so you can realise your true potential. Argyle need to be in it for the long game which means taking a whole heap of shit now.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 am

The Red Star wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That just isn't enough.

It pains me to say it, but I'd walk to Exeter and carry Steve Perryman back on my shoulders if it meant we had a proper genuine knowledgable fella at the heart of the club, who could oversee a lot of the footballing side, as well as advising the suits in the Boardroom as to exactly what they should be doing to get this club on the right path.I really don't like my club very much at the minute.

Amazing how things work out. Stevey P just got involved by chance (think he may have just been down on holiday...ring any bells) and just helped out. He never wanted the managers job just happy to still be involved in football. As a Club we have never looked back (yes he gets his expenses paid...but not alot else). His Spurs contacts have brought us some talented youngsters and his help for Tisdale cannot be measured in simply 2 promotions, but the complete sea change in how City play from the under 10s to the senior team and a legacy which will probably last another 10 years. Perryman never misses a game and is the heart and soul of City and represents all that is good in football.

Czar, I know you can't really accept this from a City fan, so just accept it from a fan of his local club...Argyle are treading water at the moment (rather than drowning) and it will probably take another season or two of nothingness before you will rise up the leagues. It may mean a manager or two in the meantime, but it won't mean relegation to the Conferenc. IMO you are better to tread water now whilst you slowly rebuild and create proper more solid foundations so you can realise your true potential. Argyle need to be in it for the long game which means taking a whole heap of shit now.

Thing is though Red, I'm far from convinced any footballing foundations are being laid.

Brent and his Cabal are only interested in concrete ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 am

We have a boardroom packed with property and university university men. And I think we've already seen how clever these university professors are with their amazing PASB deliberations.
It isn't just the boardroom though, I believe, outside of the money decisions, all the small policy decisions are being directed by the the superfans with all their blinkered dogma supporting whatever the owner wists their way. I couldn't help laughing when I saw the ex fighter against the Russians, and now all of a sudden newly installed Russian sponsored puppet ...oops.. sorry, President of Chechnya siting in the director's box of the newly built stadium of Grozny football club.. all he needed was a silly hat and god knows Russians have enough silly hats... what a turncoat for a few pieces of silver and a nice comfy seat. Now where have I seen that done before.
Nothing lasts for ever. I have never known so many dispirited and disinterested fans, and yet the emphasis is on jam tomorrow years and years down the line. These people won't have anything left to build up if they carry on like they are.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 pm

The club needs to be doing well soon or the 'grateful for a club' mentality will disppear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle Boardroom   The Argyle Boardroom Empty

Back to top Go down

The Argyle Boardroom
Page 1 of 1