Czarcasm
Greenskin
Charlie Wood
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Breaking news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am

Reading the twitter rumours it looks like there was some sort of fight with the Oceana bouncers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 am

Its more normal to get charged with assault or actual bodily harm, affray is much more serious you can get sent dain for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 am

I had a word with our legal mod and they said this, (Just call Saul.  Very Happy ).

In English Law, Affray forms part of the Public Order Act 1986 under section 3.

The Public Order Act 1986 s.3 states:
A person is guilty of Affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.
Where two or more persons use or threaten the unlawful violence, it is the conduct of them taken together that must be considered for the purpose of subsection (1)
For the purposes of this section a threat can not be made by the use of words alone.
No person of reasonable firmness need actually be, or be likely to be, present at the scene.
Affray may be committed in private as well as in public places.

An assault is the application of force to the person of another without their consent, or threat of such action if the person threaten in has or the person threatened believes he has the present ability to effect his purpose.

Generally speaking, all affrays include PHYSICAL FORCE, whereas assaults do NOT HAVE to include physical force (although they generally do).

EXAMPLE ASSAULT without physical force: woman alone on train. Man exposes his penis to her and walks towards her. She jumps from train, and is injured. Man commits assault.

EXAMPLE AFFRAY: You are in the pub. Two guys begin fighting. They fight so hard that you are afraid that you too will get injured. The fact that you become scared is the deciding aspect of an affray.

However, even if you are not there, and they go at each other with such intensity and legth of time, and use such weaponry, say sticks, knives, pbaseball bats, etc., that if anyone had ben present, they would have been scard, then that is an affray.

Complicated isn't it ?

As a rule, police / CPS will only prosecute for affray where more than two people are involved.

From your question, it generally requires for several people to be injured for an affray to be used as a prosecution charge.

Have you been a naughty boy somewhere ??? or are you a student of criminal law ?
Source:
Ex-Police Officer, Met

More commonly known as a tear up innit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Apparently Reid was loud and aggressive, but it was his brother who glassed someone, allegedly.

Reid has been bailed until November 24th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:16 pm

the pasoti thread on this is comedy gold k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:21 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I would bat an eyelid if it was a decorator and a plumber having a punch up, i'd think they were twats......

These incidents occur in every town and city across the UK, outside pubs, clubs, fast food takeaways and taxi ranks, every single weekend.

Each incident is different, but a pissed up argument leading to an exchange of punches really isn't out of the ordinary is it.

It sounds like Reid's brother is the one in trouble if he has glassed someone.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Was Zebrowski ever actually charged by the police for glassing Wotton all those years ago?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Hitch wrote:
Was Zebrowski ever actually charged by the police for glassing Wotton all those years ago?

no just sacked for it. That happend as a result of bullying so i was told.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Anyone who glasses someone is a coward and deserves to have the book thrown at them, hope Reuben wasn't involved.

Last edited by AstiSpumante on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Do we have our own legal eagle watching this thread
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

If his brother has glassed someone, never mind prosecution.... I hope he gets a good proper old fashioned kicking at some point in the very near future. I've seen at very close quarters someone have a broken pint glass smashed into their face, and it was fuckin horrific.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Do we have our own  legal eagle watching this thread

I think they will, rumours are being reported as fact on some posts.

dont want any top lawyer writing in to the mods threatening to sue for £100,000 but settle for £75k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Angry wrote:

GEDDON TigerTony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Angry wrote:

GEDDON TigerTony

I can see the steam coming out of Nools snout right now!

His trotters will be smashing away at the keyboard (ironic) soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Yea Man wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Angry wrote:

GEDDON TigerTony

who is tony on there im not seeing the name?
Back to top Go down
paulysalz

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm

ejh wrote:
I hope it's a load of fuss over nothing. I imagine Reid had a fair few too many, ended up quite lairy, and got involved in a fight which he would have normally avoided in a state of sobriety. Given that he has been arrested, it is very probable that he has hit someone.

Could be a fairly common arrest and charge, could be very serious depending on the injuries to the victim. All I can say is Reid is a very powerful bloke and I for one wouldn't fancy a clip around the ear from him.

Fingers crossed it is just a drunken scuffle and Reid can get back to his football. Blokes get on the beers and argue all the time - noone would bat an eyelid if it was a decorator and a plumber, both aged 26, having a punch up outside Oceana - but with Reid it's local frontpage news. Important not to blow it all out of proportion, and also to consider that footballers have to put up with a lot of charlies who feel the need to make it clear how unimpressed they are with their football, their hair, their clothes etc.  Can't be always easy to keep out of trouble if you've had 9 pints, are built like Reuben Reid and could put most of the loudmouths in Derriford.

However Reid might have been the one who was looking for trouble. I know first hand from a friend who was started on by Craig Bellamy after trying to tell him he enjoyed his performance for Liverpool the previous weekend. Footballers can be arseholes just like any other walk of life.

Look forward to hearing more tomorrow and just hope there were no serious injuries.

Sorry to go off topic, but the Bellamy part of your post was interesting. I was with a Coventry fan in a club once who approached him to congratulate him on a performance (when he was at Cov, obviously) and Bellamy started on him too. Odd chap, seemed to want to fight his own fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Does Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk still post on Pasoti?
Maybe the 'legal eagle' is his very own Petracelli that sent out letters to the wrong guys.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Angry wrote:

GEDDON TigerTony

who is tony on there im not seeing the name?

Posted under the name of Tiger Tony,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:31 pm

lets see how long it lasts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:33 pm

As expected..gone within 2 minutes of appearing.

I guess Tiger Tony will be the next to be expunged from the cesspit of corruption.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I guess Tiger Tony will be the next to be expunged from the cesspit of corruption.

dont be a cock tease what did it say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:44 pm

A flicker account was mentioned. Hope it was screenshot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I tried to go back to do a copy and paste as I knew it would be a matter of minutes before it disappeared but unfortunately the stasi had arrived beforehand.

He basically called out Newell on all fronts about his blinding hypocrisy ..and backed it up by factual examples.
This Tiger Tony shows promise...is he on here yet?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:54 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I would bat an eyelid if it was a decorator and a plumber having a punch up, i'd think they were twats......

The youth of the UK have always gone out of a weekend, got drunk and had fights. This has happened all down the decades, it was like it when i was aged between 17 - 27. It is no different today, there are always reports in the local press regarding weekend violence, as there always have been.

I have never been to the Oceana Club, but i have heard it is a bit of a rough one and packed with youngsters drinking as if there was no tomorrow. There are always reports in the Herald about violence that is linked to the club.

The fact Reid is a Professional footballer will see this story followed by the Herald with gusto.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I tried to go back to do a copy and paste as I knew it would be a matter of minutes before it disappeared but unfortunately the stasi had arrived beforehand.

He basically called out Newell on all fronts about his blinding hypocrisy ..and backed it up by factual examples.
This Tiger Tony shows promise...is he on here yet?

Yes, he told us he will only have one post on the farm before he will be full time on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking news   Breaking news - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking news
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next