PatDunne
Lord Tisdale
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Being a bigger club than Exeter is nothing to boast about. We ought to be looking at Southampton, Swansea and Norwich.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
tigertony wrote:
...... enjoy your very temporary stay up with the big guns. It won't last - remember Carlisle reached Prem (new money) few years back, as did Swindon and both are now back where small backyard teams like Excretia really belong. You lot can't even get beyond tier 3 and never will. I feel sorry for the young kids whose Dads try and get to support Excretia.
''Daddy when do we get to play teams like Newcastle, Wolves and WHU like that team down the road?'' ''Well son its the FA Cup soon and if we can despatch Ivybridge and Pinhoe we may get to play them'' Laughing

Did you mean Barnsley? Not Carlisle?
Carlisle got there as well some years back - 1 season only.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 11:03 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Being a bigger club than Exeter is nothing to boast about.  We ought to be looking at Southampton, Swansea and Norwich.

Then there's always Bellingham Synthonia Recreation.....one of those northern league giants....... Laughing ... point and laugh
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:07 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Being a bigger club than Exeter is nothing to boast about.  

True enough, the issue here is not about size but rather performance, we have slipped back now to being a single point behind our mahooosive neighbours, not a bad effort for lil ol' ECFC and we are starting to see the green shoots of some sort of resurgence.

ps. I wouldn't try emulating Swansea or Norwich and Southampton aren't even in your hemisphere, try a more appropriate group like Pompey, Crawley, Fleetwood and Orient, though I feel even they may be a bit beyond you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Eh make your mind up are your club screwed because of paying tisdale a stupi wage or going to storm the league?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Is the draw still on Soccer AM? May tune in on Saturday even though there's no prospect of a local derby.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:11 am

tigertony wrote:
Cornish Rebel wrote:
tigertony wrote:
...... enjoy your very temporary stay up with the big guns. It won't last - remember Carlisle reached Prem (new money) few years back, as did Swindon and both are now back where small backyard teams like Excretia really belong. You lot can't even get beyond tier 3 and never will. I feel sorry for the young kids whose Dads try and get to support Excretia.
''Daddy when do we get to play teams like Newcastle, Wolves and WHU like that team down the road?'' ''Well son its the FA Cup soon and if we can despatch Ivybridge and Pinhoe we may get to play them'' Laughing

Did you mean Barnsley? Not Carlisle?
Carlisle got there as well some years back - 1 season only.

Didn't Billy Rafferty get the first Div 1 goal of the season that year whilst there?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Carlisle
They played in the then First Division in the 1974–75 season, making the town of Carlisle the smallest location, by population, to have had a resident top-flight English football club since 1906

Playing in the First Division for the 1974–75 season. Carlisle won their first three fixtures to go top of the English football pyramid .... the success was short lived however, they finished the season in bottom place and were relegated

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle_united/latest/how_billy_big_shot_earned_the_three_dom_of_the_city_1_607590
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:40 pm

tigertony wrote:
Carlisle
They played in the then First Division in the 1974–75 season, making the town of Carlisle the smallest location, by population, to have had a resident top-flight English football club since 1906

Playing in the First Division for the 1974–75 season. Carlisle won their first three fixtures to go top of the English football pyramid .... the success was short lived however, they finished the season in bottom place and were relegated

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle_united/latest/how_billy_big_shot_earned_the_three_dom_of_the_city_1_607590

Billy was only 25 when he left us,what may have been eh."Plymouth were in financial trouble" according to that article-couldn't have been the gates,they were the 5th biggest in division 2 the season before and a feck sight better than Carlisle's.

DANIEL OUT!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Eh make your mind up are your club screwed because of paying tisdale a stupi wage or going to storm the league?

Should have thought it would have been easy enough to follow even for a 'tard like you Huey, we is fooked by Tw@tsdale's ridiculous wages and the £150k wasted on Tagg and Perryman, we is also fooked because Tw@sdale is also a complete fook'tard as the last three seasons have shown in spades, the point is that, in spite of these drawbacks, we are still competitive with that absolute shower of shit known as Muff Argyle.

This is an utterly shite league again this year, any half decent team would piss it, we lucked in getting Nicholls on loan and what with our two members of he England U20 team which beat the Germans today we have just enough quality to go on a bit of a run, we will suffer now from a couple of injuries which have reared their ugly head, no depth cos of all the money being spunked on wankers who don't play.

C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Or as I see it, you've won a few game so out you crawl from whatever rock you were under. Lose a few and we won't see you for dust. Oh and I dont think calling other posters retards is on either
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Or as I see it, you've won a few game so out you crawl from whatever rock you were under. Lose a few and we won't see you for dust. Oh and I dont think calling other posters retards is on either

I think he was calling you a fcuk tard, not a retard, but hey ho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

great! That's ok then.  Btw Where do you think n@gger and p*ki comes from then you fool. I bet you say happy days as well, muppet
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

great! That's ok then.  Btw Where do you think n@gger and p*ki comes from then you fool. I bet you say happy days as well, muppet

do you really have to lower the tone by using such vile words????

a feck tard isnt really offensive, a retard is a word thrown around which if offence is taken then your being a little precious, the words you have posted as an example shows your total lack of intellect, sorry state of affairs, and TBH i did expect better from you............
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Huge is right, it is not a nice term to use, but so appropriate in his case.

Well look at me and my big arse keyboard, why couldn't I just keep schtumm?

We seem to be back to normal despite having to pay to fly our two boys back from International duty, not something you lot will ever have to worry about.

Shame about your win at Tranny, looks like Rob Edwards is getting sacked in the morning, great player for us but seems to have learned his management from Tw@sdale.

Hopefully Ruben's escapades will earn him some time off, that'll feck you up.

Looking a bit ominous the way the Mean, Green Machine is going, I'd be happy for you guys if you seemed even a little bit happy about it yourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 am

Were not allowed to be happy Tis its been an unwritten rule since administration, "the bigger picture" won't allow for it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Iggy wrote:
Were not allowed to be happy Tis its been an unwritten rule since administration, "the bigger picture" won't allow for it.

Nah,not a bit of it,Iggers.Here's what Tring was really like after Saturday's win;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

He just doesn't like to show his true feelings on this website,thats all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mornin' Gargs   Mornin' Gargs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mornin' Gargs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2