Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?

Go down 
+6
downthetrack
Sandford_Grecian
Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Tisdale
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? Empty
PostSubject: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 am

Wednesday is grand daddy day care day around here which leaves me a bit of a fifth wheel, while waiting for her majesty to wake up with the hump wanting food I have been perusing the SoP and have come to the rather worrying conclusion that we are far more likely to plummet through the trap door of shame than you mob. The way I see it we are in an any 4 from 9 lottery while your's is a 2 from 7, better odds from the off, we both sit pretty much the same positionally and form wise in comparison to the other contenders but as stated you only have to beat two others, half as many as us.

Me, I think we have to finish in front of Tranny, Rochdale, Wycombe and Walsall which are the weakest of the bunch, doable but by no means a given when you look at how inconsistent we are, you on the other hand have only to beat two out of Dags, Heffers, Northampton and Maccy who are in free fall, done deal imho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm

In a way, relegation for Exeter and survival for Plymouth will be a good thing - at least financially for both clubs. Home and away in the league will mean big gates, JPT might throw up another meeting, Devon Bowl, all the usual money spinners (!).

Personally I think both will survive and Torquay will go up - Not a good thing for us, leaving our 'derby' as Bristol Rovers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Get your excuses in early eh? Wink

I suppose it would be mildly amusing if you went down just a year after ascending to the giddy heights of 8th in division 3. You're in a better position than us to escape, but what it will come down to is whether either of us can get a run of form going. Momentum works both ways, and oddly for us, Northampton beating Macclesfield last night will probably turn out to be a good result after 46 games.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on both of us surviving, just.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 pm

I can't see Exeter going down as the teams below them are very poor. Even when City have had their recent poor run they've still been clear of relegation. I think Yeovil will also stay up as their home form has improved since Gary Johnson returned.

Argyle's next two games will be a good indicator- D&R we need to beat (as northampton could be finding form) followed by Macclesfield who haven't won in 7/8 games. I think we can pull away and the final bottom two will be the two teams we face next.

The other question is whether the Gulls will go up as they have a 3/ 5 chance? Southend, Swindon and Cheltenham look the favourites for the auto spots.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Nosebleed time for the traditional Devon minnows. With them both in Div 1 and the good ship Gargoyle running away with Div 2 next season, or the year after Rolling Eyes , we'll still be pulling in bigger crowds than those two put together.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Out of the two, City... far too inconsistant, can't buy a clean sheet away from home at the moment, of our next 4 matches I can see 1 point at best (home draw with Stevenage), at the end of which we will firmly be in the bottom 4, & what little confidence is there at the moment, will have evaporated completely. It's the following 2 matches that will then be must win, home to Wycombe & away to Tranmere that will ultimately shape the remainder of the season, ie, we will go down fighting, or go down with a wimper, either way we will go down I'm afraid, along with Wycombe, Chesterfield, & Rochdale.

As for the gargs, they've never had it so good, as you say only 2 clubs need to be worse off than them as opposed to four, and yet there are more than 4 dross awful clubs in the basement league, I can see them finishing above Dag & Red & Maccies, my 2 for the drop, also Northampton, Heffers, Barnet, Bradfud, & the Wombles for a comfortable 17th finish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Out of the two, City... far too inconsistant, can't buy a clean sheet away from home at the moment, of our next 4 matches I can see 1 point at best (home draw with Stevenage), at the end of which we will firmly be in the bottom 4, & what little confidence is there at the moment, will have evaporated completely. It's the following 2 matches that will then be must win, home to Wycombe & away to Tranmere that will ultimately shape the remainder of the season, ie, we will go down fighting, or go down with a wimper, either way we will go down I'm afraid, along with Wycombe, Chesterfield, & Rochdale.

As for the gargs, they've never had it so good, as you say only 2 clubs need to be worse off than them as opposed to four, and yet there are more than 4 dross awful clubs in the basement league, I can see them finishing above Dag & Red & Maccies, my 2 for the drop, also Northampton, Heffers, Barnet, Bradfud, & the Wombles for a comfortable 17th finish.

And in true Aviva style, there will be an open top bus parade jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Genuinely laughed out loud at that Tring!

My wife is looking at me strangely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm a natural miserable barsteward and even I laughed at that one! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 pm

And Fletcher given the freedom of the city. Had to laugh at the sue pollard thread where Carl commented that she personified the club. Now did anyone actually hear him say personified, or are his speeches now being ghost written?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I can't see Exeter going down as the teams below them are very poor.

Southend, Swindon and Cheltenham look the favourites for the auto spots.

Neither Scunny nor Chesterfield will finish below us or go down despite their current position.

Southend will not go up, they may not even contest the play offs with the Turks.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Forgot Crawley too!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Gawd ! look how far we've come .....such illustrious company for little ole Plimuff.

It's not arrrrrr naaaaaatral aaaaaabitaaaaaat !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Been following all the teams around the bottom of league 1 for a month or so, and slowly they're all improving. It wouldnt surprise me to see City come down and for us to stay up in the slightest.

In fact it would be lavvvvvvvvly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Genuinely laughed out loud at that Tring!

My wife is looking at me strangely!

She has probably just farted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Janner women don't fart, they break wind.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:05 am

GOB wrote:

Thank you.

Janner women break plates too, but they don't break hearts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 am

The Red Star wrote:
GOB wrote:

Thank you.

Janner women break plates too, but they don't break hearts

They also clean out bank accounts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 am

Mine's from Norn Iron.

She definitely farts!

She also knows where you live, big lad.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Bounce!

So, after the weekend's events are we still confident we will be playing the Greeks in L2 next season?
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Bounce!

So, after the weekend's events are we still confident we will be playing the Greeks in L2 next season?

Yep even more so with every passing game pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Bounce!

We are still four from eight while you are two from seven, a fair few six pointers coming up for both clubs, far too close to call.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:57 am

A great response from Maccy in another six pointer after the Dags comfortably held you at home leaves you just that little bit more exposed, two wins and you would have been well on the way to safety, now I'm not sure I fancy your chances any better than ours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 am

Don't think I've seen Freathy on this yet .... I'll get in early then:

We're doomed, doomed!! What a Face Sad Mad

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Not a great day for either of us when most of the direct competition seemed to put in a shift and nick themselves a little something, not so sure it was as bad for you though, you look far more likely to nick a point or two away from fortress Gnome Park than we do away from good old Sid James.

Big night up Landhan for both of us Tuesday, nothing will be settled but unless we both get at least a point things will start to get a little tense, I still make us the better bet for the drop but the odds are shortening on the double bubble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?   So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ? Empty

Back to top Go down

So who do you fancy for the drop, City or the Gargs ?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next