Dingle
Greenskin
tagz
Tgwu
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle debts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Is this a joke?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:15 pm

We got a player driving a ferrari and we cant pay debts. Wtf ! Brent go now you *********
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Shorley, a new low?  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

I had to read the Erald link twice. I couldn't quite believe what I was reading!! I really have just about a gut-full of this perpetual Brent & Co shite.

Shut em down, lock the gates, sell the land to Tesco. Shut it all down and start again. Argyle FC of Plymouth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:20 pm

There's mass orgasm on the farm and they believe this is a good thing.

I fail to see how borrowing more money is anything but a bad thing.

Feel free to correct me on how it's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Normally I would check the other site but I just can't bring myself tonight. I've never gone this far into the season without even listening to live commentary and tomorrow I'll be out with the family.

I'll be at Wimbledon but if only for the supporters bar.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Lets hope this is not a done deal, and the offer of a loan goes the same way as the ministand non development. Brent Out!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Have I got this right? By only repaying half the outstanding debt (£700k) the club saves £700k for the cost of the interest, around £35k.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Hang on a mo correct me if I`m wrong but didnt the creditors (non football) agree to 0.77p in the pound and now we are offering to pay them only half of that again. So if I`m right we are only now offering 0.39p in the pound.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Isn't this actually a good deal for the club ? Wouldn't the club have done some groundwork with some of the FC creditors to accept 50% now as full payment before this deal was signed, if there is an agreement then this sounds like a good deal ?
There's no obligation on the FC's to accept anything but full payment but if a deal with some has already been made, that's got be good for the club hasnt it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:41 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Hang on a mo correct me if I`m wrong but didnt the creditors (non football) agree to 0.77p in the pound and now we are offering to pay them only half of that again. So if I`m right we are only now offering 0.39p in the pound.

I think it's referring to FC's
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Isn't this actually a good deal for the club ? Wouldn't the club have done some groundwork with some of the FC creditors to accept 50% now as full payment before this deal was signed, if there is an agreement then this sounds like a good deal ?
There's no obligation on the FC's to accept anything but full payment but if a deal with some has already been made, that's got be good for the club hasnt it ?

This deal is effectively bypassing the Football Creditors Rule that all debts must be paid in full.

If the FA & FL have sanctioned this (which I doubt) then the HMRC will be licking their lips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:53 pm

green_genie wrote:
Graiser wrote:

This deal is effectively bypassing the Football Creditors Rule that all debts must be paid in full.

If the FA & FL have sanctioned this (which I doubt) then the HMRC will be licking their lips

It's not clear though is it, the FC's don't have to accept any deal but if some do doesn't that reduce the volume of FC's and the amount of debt ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Shorley, a new low?  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven

I had to read the Erald link twice. I couldn't quite believe what I was reading!! I really have just about a gut-full of this perpetual Brent & Co shite.

Shut em down, lock the gates, sell the land to Tesco. Shut it all down and start again.  Argyle FC of Plymouth?

I have just read the report, what a shambolic situation it is for Argyle.

Why don't the Council just run the club on a full time basis and be done with it, as they have also said that they may help fund the new Granstand. If PCC took control of the club (if they are allowed to do that), it could pave the way for Brent's departure....

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Why didn't Brent use his own money to loan the club?

Nothing like putting it where your mouth is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Rickler wrote:

I'm no expert at all, but if he owns the land that's being used as collateral does that count as putting money in ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Why didnt PCC just buy the Club ? They have in all but name .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:33 pm

greengenes wrote:
Why didnt PCC just buy the Club ? They have in all but name .

Don't think they'd be allowed to, but I can see them funding the stand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:37 pm

How much is all of this going to cost in rent increases for the club?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I'm no expert at all, but if he owns the land that's being used as collateral does that count as putting money in ?

Erk alors!

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

This is getting out of hand - it's like a sketch from dumb & dumber, just what convoluted shite are they coming up with next? This guy is a man of straw!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Erk alors!

No.

What if the club defaulted
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Shut em down, lock the gates, sell the land to Tesco. Shut it all down and start again.  Argyle FC of Plymouth?

Why don't the Council just run the club on a full time basis and be done with it, as they have also said that they may help fund the new Granstand. If PCC took control of the club (if they are allowed to do that), it could pave the way for Brent's departure....

shambolic for quite some time this is just the latest........................

its embarrassing being associated with this.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:44 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

shambolic for quite some time this is just the latest........................

its embarrassing being associated with this.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:44 pm

The future looks exciting, so says Starnes.

What future delights await the greens they will ask, what future scenarios will play out they will cry, where is the club going they will murmur.

A thrice of concerns like the above would certainly put any (and every) decent football fan in a spin, but with Argyle fans, it is taken with the decorum it is justified by. Before all hell is unleased and old wounds reopened..

Talking of Starnes, i wonder if he has got ideas on taking control from James Brent and James Brent then takes a lesser and lesser role within the club until he silently disappears forever ....

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Yea Man wrote:
How much is all of this going to cost in rent increases for the club?

I'm sure they'll find a way to give another massive discount on that, YM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle debts   Argyle debts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle debts
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next