Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Shirts already causing probs!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New Shirts already causing probs!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Was up at the ground this morning, while there i witnessed several people bringing back their home shirts as the sponsors logo had already started to come off!!!All were easily fixed with the iron in the shop but i wonder how many more have had to already do this and how many more will have too over the coming season.

Plus given how popular the new home shirt is i was shocked to see only small and medium sizes left which upset a few portly fellows there. Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Older portly men in football shirts is a disgrace. Have a word.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:39 pm

It's the same every year: the larger sizes sell out and there's oodles of titchy ones that nobody wants left over.

If they quickly sold out, say, 200 XL shirts last year why not get 250 the next? If they sell out quickly get 300. If they sell out quickly then get 350... And so on.

They must know how many they sold last year but what they'll never know is how many they could have sold...

And at £40 a pop for something that costs about 50p to run up in Indonesia or Bangladesh they're missing out on easy money and huge profit.

By the way why don't we get Saltrock to supply our kit and other clothing?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It's the same every year: the larger sizes sell out and there's oodles of titchy ones that nobody wants left over.

If they quickly sold out, say, 200 XL shirts last year why not get 250 the next? If they sell out quickly get 300. If they sell out quickly then get 350... And so on.

They must know how many they sold last year but what they'll never know is how many they could have sold...

And at £40 a pop for something that costs about 50p to run up in Indonesia or Bangladesh they're missing out on easy money and huge profit.

The club ought to have adjusted its initial order for the new home kit given the fanfare created over it and most of that coming from middle aged men not kids. however if anyone wants a larger sized home shirt to save you the time 27th Aug is the new shipment date for them.

oh and saltrock arent a sports company more for beach bums and hippies
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Then they should diversify. If they can run up t-shirts then why couldn't they do football shirts?

If they wanted to protect their brand identity then market the stuff as Raltsock or something.

We don't have miss some really obvious stuff. We don't even pick all of the low hanging apples, do we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:52 pm

My observations from the games I have attended  is that generally speaking we have a very 'rotund' fanbase so I guess it makes sense to produce more XXL shirts.
Is there a obesity league table for footy fans !!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:56 pm

on a totally unrelated note.... plenty of xxl pasoti polo shirts in the clerance section along with fv crap Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:03 pm

My point is that this happens every year - well it has ever since it was nigh on impossible to get one for the 125 celebrations.

And yet we must know how many we sold last time. We must know whether we have enough to meet likely demand or not and the profit margin on these things must be enormous - more than enough to justify having a few dozen unsold at the end of a season were it to happen.

Maybe AFT could ask about this?

I bet the reply is "our supplier only does..." whatever.

And if it is then why did we sign up to such a crap supplier offering such a crap deal?

Every shirt sold is another person walking around advertising the club, advertising that it is matchday, getting the sponsor's name out there amongst potential customers...

Look at tomorrow: lots of volunteers building #wallofgreen. It'd be completely unnecessary if every fan was wearing a green shirt.

And it'd be #wallofgreen every week and not just once.

None of this is rocket science.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 pm

[quote="Angry"]
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The club ought to have adjusted its initial order for the new home kit given the fanfare created over it and most of that coming from middle aged men not kids. however if anyone wants a larger sized home shirt to save you the time 27th Aug is the new shipment date for them.

oh and saltrock arent a sports company more for beach bums and hippies[/quote]

Speaking as a surfer that ain't quite right, no self respecting beach bum or hippy would be seen dead in a brand new Saltrock hoody, you may get one from a charity shop but it ain't part of our look mate, more for your office execs that hang their suits up on a Friday head for Cornwall and dress in their "surf gear" they generally never venture out of their depth in the water.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Was up at the ground this morning, while there i witnessed several people bringing back their home shirts as the sponsors logo had already started to come off!!!All were easily fixed with the iron in the shop but i wonder how many more have had to already do this and how many more will have too over the coming season.

Plus given how popular the new home shirt is i was shocked to see only small and medium sizes left which upset a few portly fellows there. Laughing Laughing 

As we're sponsored by a company that hires out lifts, I'm not surprised that their logo has started to lift.....off the shirts (I won't give up the day job).
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Careful now, i can see a libel....
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Absolutely. It's 30p a pop in Bangladesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 pm

nike are the worse offenders for sweatshop workers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 am

SFD - you're looking at quite a significant shift for Brent to venture into R+D, production and logistics of producing thousands of football shirts.

After all the research, organisation and effort that would be required, would it really save much money? Say we save £3 per shirt off Puma doing it ourselves. And sell 2,000 shirts a season. The saving doesn't really justify a new department at Saltrock to oversee a project into manufacturing football sportswear, with a new Bangladesh based operation earmarked for production. It would waste tens of thousands trying to save a pretty insignificant amount.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I had my first close up view of the new shirts yesterday. Up close in the pub and ground they didn't look bad. I think the stripes should have be around the back as well. It looks odd, stripes on the front and a plain back. From a distance though the white seems to make the green look almost black. The back looks green but the front doesn't. This is a case where the dark shade of green doesn't work IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:26 pm

We looks like Notts County
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
I had my first close up view of the new shirts yesterday. Up close in the pub and ground they didn't look bad. I think the stripes should have be around the back as well. It looks odd, stripes on the front and a plain back. From a distance though the white seems to make the green look almost black. The back looks green but the front doesn't. This is a case where the dark shade of green doesn't work IMO.

I agree about the green looking black and thought the city centre had been invaded by Geordies yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Toon Army
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Shirts already causing probs!!!   New Shirts already causing probs!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Shirts already causing probs!!!
Page 1 of 1